Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How many children do your parents have?
Previous  1  2  3

How many children do your parents have?
They have 1-5 and are hoping for more  
 0%  [ 1 ]
They have 6-10 and are hoping for more  
 2%  [ 5 ]
They have 11+ and are hoping for more  
 0%  [ 2 ]
 1%  [ 4 ]
2-4  
 26%  [ 64 ]
5-7  
 27%  [ 67 ]
8-10  
 22%  [ 55 ]
11-13  
 14%  [ 35 ]
14-15  
 2%  [ 6 ]
16-17  
 0%  [ 2 ]
18 or more  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 245

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:20 pm
hodeez wrote:
Side question: for the women with kh double digit siblings, if you were pregnant alongside with your mother...what was that like? Weird, cool, no big deal..?

It was interesting, but not really a big deal. Also, my mother was able to give me a lot of advice as she was going through it at the same time.

invisiblecircus

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:21 am
ahuvaahuva wrote:

there's a clip on you tube of officially Englands largest family 16 kids and still going strong (Non jewish) an insult to the many larger Jewish fams- wiping us off the map!

I don't know which clip you're referring to but England's largest family, the Radfords, have 22 kids.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:50 am
I'm the 11th of 13. Easygoing happy home bh. If not for her high blood pressure that kicked in, I believe she would've continued having.

My husband is the 4th of 12.

I have an aunt, short petite woman, who has 18 kids.

Another aunt has 16.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:52 am
hodeez wrote:
Same. And my brothers are 10 and 8 years older than me so you know I was the accident LOL

My 1st 2 are a year apart and the next came 7 years later. No accident.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:43 am
My parents both were Tay Sachs carriers, I consider the fact that they had three healthy kids decades ago to be our personal family miracle.

hodeez

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My 1st 2 are a year apart and the next came 7 years later. No accident.

Cool, but my parents stayed together just for the kids so yes. I wasn't planned.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:50 am
hodeez wrote:
Side question: for the women with kh double digit siblings, if you were pregnant alongside with your mother...what was that like? Weird, cool, no big deal..?

I think it’s hard when mother can’t help dd bec due same time.
My niece had her first when her mother was in her 9th month. I thought it was really funny that when my heavily pregnant SIL went to the hospital to visit her dd in the hospital they brought her a wheelchair thinking she was in labor.
I found it so interesting how my SIL bought her dd the best. Doona, baby layette, new everything. But herself used snap n go., hand me downs. Just found it interesting how often a healthy Jewish mother thinks of their children first.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:12 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I think it’s hard when mother can’t help dd bec due same time.
My niece had her first when her mother was in her 9th month. I thought it was really funny that when my heavily pregnant SIL went to the hospital to visit her dd in the hospital they brought her a wheelchair thinking she was in labor.
I found it so interesting how my SIL bought her dd the best. Doona, baby layette, new everything. But herself used snap n go., hand me downs. Just found it interesting how often a healthy Jewish mother thinks of their children first.

I'm pp and hormonal, but the bolded made me tear up. So beautiful to see such emotional health. Something I didn't have, but aspire to give my own children.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics