Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Planning next year - what would you do?
Previous  1  2

mom!

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:16 pm
I have no practical advice to offer except to tell you hatzlacha! Being a working mother is more than others imagine.
Signed, another working mother whose mind is always racing to figure out arrangements that actually work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:33 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Is your son going to be in nursery or kindergarten? If in kindergarten if he's in the upk class afaik he can be dropped off at 8:30 (I think it's bec they have a specific amount of hours they need a day so they start a little earlier. Most kids aren't there then , but the teacher is) my son was in that class and I dropped him off 8:30. A few times the teacher was there a few minutes late, but on the whole she was pretty on time. it's quite possible the school will let you drop of your son 8:30 even if he's in the other kindergarten or nursery and just leave him in that class till his teacher comes but I have no idea, you'd have to ask....

Lawngreen do you know what time nursery ends? I have no idea how I will get my son home, since we live very close and I find it unlikely they will bus him.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:21 pm
It's so hard. Childcare is one of my biggest stressors. I'm already anxious about arrangements for the week in between school and camp.
I try to stay positive by thinking BH we both have jobs and we have children.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lawngreen do you know what time nursery ends? I have no idea how I will get my son home, since we live very close and I find it unlikely they will bus him.

Ends at 3. How far do you live? Likely they won't give bussing, but if a bus happens to pass your house along the route anyways, it's possible the driver would allow it...just make sure to tip him well...

Does anyone on your block send there? Maybe they could take him back?

dancingqueen

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:45 pm
Your baby and toddler need a full day daycare not preschool. Or you could get a full time nanny. Where is dh in all this?

tichellady

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:18 pm
I think you need a full time nanny or a live in au-pair + part time daycare/preschool. Otherwise doesn’t seem feasible to me.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:22 pm
They will provide bussing I know people on j and east 2 that get bus

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:24 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Your baby and toddler need a full day daycare not preschool. Or you could get a full time nanny. Where is dh in all this?

She said her dh used to be the one to pick up her children from daycare...

Obviously a full day daycare is best, but its not easy to find in brooklyn.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:37 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

DH starts work after than me (10-6), so I do early drop offs near home, he does later dropoffs that require driving. He does pickup after 6 when we need that, since he works local.

I don't want to pay for a full day nanny though I guess if I have to go back to work full time, a full day daycare for newborns-age 2 would work... if I could find such a thing. My toddler needs socialization, IY"H she will go to real school the year after, she can't stay home with a nanny.

After thinking about it what I really would like is to find a babysitter who does ages 0-2, near my son's school, and then hire someone (who I have no idea) who would pick up the kids from the babysitter while picking up my son, and then get my daughter from the bus stop, and watch them at home until someone gets back. Tall order, esp since we are not ok with hiring non jews.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
They will provide bussing I know people on j and east 2 that get bus

I know someone the same distance in the other direction who they refused to provide bussing for. Hopefully there is a bus going in OPs direction and/or they won't mind.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DH starts work after than me (10-6), so I do early drop offs near home, he does later dropoffs that require driving. He does pickup after 6 when we need that, since he works local.

I don't want to pay for a full day nanny though I guess if I have to go back to work full time, a full day daycare for newborns-age 2 would work... if I could find such a thing. My toddler needs socialization, IY"H she will go to real school the year after, she can't stay home with a nanny.

After thinking about it what I really would like is to find a babysitter who does ages 0-2, near my son's school, and then hire someone (who I have no idea) who would pick up the kids from the babysitter while picking up my son, and then get my daughter from the bus stop, and watch them at home until someone gets back. Tall order, esp since we are not ok with hiring non jews.

Maybe you can find a single girl or older woman who works as a playgroup/preschool assistant during the day, to pick up and watch your kids after school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Maybe you can find a single girl or older woman who works as a playgroup/preschool assistant during the day, to pick up and watch your kids after school.

Interesting idea... thanks!

tichellady

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe you can find another baby for the nanny to watch and then send your daughter to school and the nanny can pick her up
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics