Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Guancafine for 11 year old?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:44 pm
Good and bad experiences please? 11 year old boy moody, very low frustration tolerance, can't play attention on school, aggressive. Yes in therapy. Potentially looking into this medication. Of your child is on what is dosage? Doc wants to start on 1mg. I'm nervous. Any experiences good or bad please share. Thank you!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:48 pm
My son is on that and straterra and Zoloft. Started at 1 mg twice a day and then 2 mg twice a day and tomorrow starting 3 mg once a day. He’s also 11 and I don’t see a huge difference but we’ve also tried a ton of different stuff and don’t see big improvements

mha3484

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:48 pm
My 10 year old has been on it for years. It helps him a lot. He takes 3mg

livinginisrael

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:04 pm
my 8 year old on 2mg for a year
it has the least side effects from all the others
im sorry I didnt put him on sooner. it helps a lot. we may increase to 3mg

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:14 pm
Our 10 year old took it and it did help his behavior tremendously. We took him off for a trial period after he was having trouble with being tired during the day and he was doing well enough without it that we kept him off. It really did help him get more regulated. He had the same issues as your son.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:20 pm
My 12 yr old takes 3 mg and my 6 yr old takes 2 mg. Helped a lot bh

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:47 pm
Recently put my son on 1mg for impulsivity. He noticed an improvement in His focusing and impulsivity very quickly. Unfortunately, he had an allergic reaction and we had to take him off. From what I understand, it's very uncommon. Hatzlacha!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:52 pm
I have two kids on it, and one started well before age 11, as soon as we could teach him to swallow a pill. One takes it before bed and the other in the morning, because it affects them differently. Both often have trouble getting to sleep if they accidentally didn't take it. (They were having trouble before they started it, and it helps.) Both have either adhd or adhd features, including focusing issues and impulsivity with severe moods.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:38 am
It’s been life changing for my family. I started my son at 8 on 1 mg, increased shortly after to 2 mg. Now he is ten and I just increased to 3.

It saved my child.

He is so much happier on it and so is everyone around him Wink

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good and bad experiences please? 11 year old boy moody, very low frustration tolerance, can't play attention on school, aggressive. Yes in therapy. Potentially looking into this medication. Of your child is on what is dosage? Doc wants to start on 1mg. I'm nervous. Any experiences good or bad please share. Thank you!

bwaybabe85

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:24 am
My 6 year old is on 3 mg. He takes 2 at night and 1 in the morning.

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:36 am
My 14 year old is on 1 mg now we try to go up to 2 mg and then he got very tired and weak in the late afternoon so we went back to 1 mg and we're going to try that for 2 more weeks before increasing it to 2 mg. I told the doctor that I saw no improvement in his behavior at 1 mg so that's why we increased it so we're going to have to kind of play it by ear and see if we could increase it and how much he can tolerate the higher dose. We switched from the stimulant medication because he was having social side effects, didn't want to be around other kids and he's usually the most social kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics