Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SEMINARY!! Collared Shirts/Pleated Skirts

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:56 pm
My daughter will be going to BYA next year, and we are trying to figure two things out:

1. For the collared, button down shirts to wear to school every day, are girls wearing just any pattern/color you can buy from regular stores, or are girls buying a certain shirt from a specific distributor?

2. For the pleated skirt, can I just send my daughter's navy uniform skirts to the cleaners and send them with her as her school skirts next year, or is there a specific seminary uniform skirt all the girls will be buying?

Thanks for your help!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:11 pm
Bump

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:24 pm
Take this with a grain of salt, since I went to BYA eight years ago- but everyone wore shirts from wherever. Mine were from LL Bean, Macy's, Lands End, etc.

Skirts tended to be the typical uniform skirts from wherever you'd get it in your area.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:01 pm
Thanks, I was hoping someone with a daughter that went in the last 2 years could chime in here...

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter will be going to BYA next year, and we are trying to figure two things out:

1. For the collared, button down shirts to wear to school every day, are girls wearing just any pattern/color you can buy from regular stores, or are girls buying a certain shirt from a specific distributor?

2. For the pleated skirt, can I just send my daughter's navy uniform skirts to the cleaners and send them with her as her school skirts next year, or is there a specific seminary uniform skirt all the girls will be buying?

Thanks for your help!

1.No, she can buy anything that looks like a typical BY school shirt
2. Sure. Although she may want some black ones too since not everything matches with navy
Disclaimer I wasn't in BYA, but was in a similar seminary 4 years ago

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:07 pm
I think most girls wear black skirts. And shirts are from everywhere.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:45 am
My daughter is getting two new black pleated skirts and taking the navy skirts from this year as extra.

Most BY sems allow any brand of collared uniform shirt, but some have restrictions as to colors. Same with sweaters.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics