Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's up with the leggings?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:19 am
Can someone explain this to me? It's probably been in style for a while but I just began to notice that this is a new style.

People wearing leggings, no socks and slippers. Is it for comfort? I'm not getting it. And isn't it hot?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone explain this to me? It's probably been in style for a while but I just began to notice that this is a new style.

People wearing leggings, no socks and slippers. Is it for comfort? I'm not getting it. And isn't it hot?

Its the best way to walk around almost barefoot without getting a thigh burn

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:30 am
I wear leggings or shorts based on the weather. If I think my legs will be cold, I wear leggings. Most of the summer I wear shorts because my legs won’t be cold. As someone else said, it’s the best way to prevent thigh burn.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:32 am
Its been the style for years Smile
Unless irs boiling outside, leggings can be cery thin and comfortable.
I wear 3/4 leggings with sandals. Its very comfortable.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:34 pm
I love leggings and have been wearing them for 10+ years and probably will continue to wear them long after they are out of style. I have horrible stretch marks on the backs of my legs and leggings hide those. They are comfortable. I hate feeling my legs rub together and this prevents that.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:53 pm
I have worn leggings my whole life. Lately, as in the past few years I have noticed more “ modern chassidish” or heimish people also wearing them.

DrMom

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In what community are you noticing this as a new trend?

In the outside world, women have been wearing leggings for years.

I don't wear them in the summer -- too hot.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:53 pm
DrMom wrote:
In what community are you noticing this as a new trend?

In the outside world, women have been wearing leggings for years.

I don't wear them in the summer -- too hot.

It has probably been the style here for years. I am just the type that's so oblivious to these things that it flew over my head. It may have registered that this woman and that woman and another woman is wearing leggings. But I thought it was a personal choice. Just hit me today that it's a style. embarrassed
And I wondered why.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:55 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I wear leggings or shorts based on the weather. If I think my legs will be cold, I wear leggings. Most of the summer I wear shorts because my legs won’t be cold. As someone else said, it’s the best way to prevent thigh burn.

I should probably post in shopping but please can you post links to comfortable non sweaty and inexpensive shorts and leggings ? Thanks.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:11 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I should probably post in shopping but please can you post links to comfortable non sweaty and inexpensive shorts and leggings ? Thanks.

I am in aveilus, so I won’t be buying for a while....

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:20 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Shorts -I buy children’s place XXL for myself and my DDs who are almost grown. FYI, I am 5’6” 160 lb and they fit fine.

Leggings, I like Costco.

Anonymous because I tell people IRL about children’s place for grownups all the time.
(Is that good how I explained why I went amother?)

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:41 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

I’m sorry!
Tenachamu minhashamayim!

Thanks amother Ruby for children’s place idea.

Shuly

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 8:06 am
Leggings under a skirt has always been a thing in the Israeli DL world but recently Americans, including more right wing, have been wearing them too. The look is a short skirt, leggings and no socks.
I have never seen it in Israeli chareidi society, probably because they wouldn't go out with their feet uncovered, so they wear stockings.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:28 am
Shuly wrote:
Leggings under a skirt has always been a thing in the Israeli DL world but recently Americans, including more right wing, have been wearing them too. The look is a short skirt, leggings and no socks.
I have never seen it in Israeli chareidi society, probably because they wouldn't go out with their feet uncovered, so they wear stockings.

American Yeshivish society would not wear this either. We would never consider going out with our feet uncovered.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:54 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
American Yeshivish society would not wear this either. We would never consider going out with our feet uncovered.

There are plenty of American yeshivish lite women who are wearing leggings with socks or booties, so nothing is exposed.

Shuly

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

I agree. That's why I said more right wing. Definitely not yeshivish though.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:16 am
Ema of 4 wrote:

Oy, so sorry. Hamakom yenachem eschem b'soch she'ar aveilei Tziyon VYrushalayim.
I don't wear leggings but have been through the process. I guess these are more of a fashion statement like other clothes, than utilitarian like socks, which I thought were mutar to buy?

GLUE

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:54 am
I lived in a place were a lot of girls would were leggings under there skirts. I hated the look and said I would never dress my kids that way Ha Ha Ha Ha the joke's on me

One of my DD had very bad rash on her legs she needed to keep them covered and tights dug into the rash. Everyone I asked what to do, said use leggings we got a type that soothed her legs and kept her legs covered.

One DD had to walk in middle of the winter to the bus and was always cold waiting for it she hated tights so I got her leggings.

Never say never
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics