Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
S/O what house do you think you'd be Sorted into? Explain
Previous  1  2  3  4

What house do you think you'd be Sorted into?
Gryffindor  
 11%  [ 8 ]
Hufflepuff  
 18%  [ 13 ]
Ravenclaw  
 58%  [ 41 ]
Slytherin  
 11%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 70

amother
Lime

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 8:30 am
I'm not surprised that there is a disproportionate number of people here that chose Ravenclaw.

They say it's a certain type to be interested in the enneagram, like if you are a 4 or 5, and maybe a 9, you will get into it. Some of the other numbers have no interest in that sort of stuff. Same for taking quizzes like this.

Personally, I would be a toss up between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.
I am a 9 on the ennegaram but the 5 traits are a close second.
I value information and knowledge, and getting to the truth of things. I enjoy the process of learning and have a good memory for random facts and their contexts.
But I am also very non-confrontational and optimistic. So I am not sure where the hat would put me.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:03 am
I wouldn't even get into Hogwarts. I'm a Muggle through and through.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:04 am
For all HP fans who are interested in seeing HP through the "Jewish" perspective, there is a lecture by Rabbi YY Rubinstein on Harry Potter. He is a real HP fan and it was very interesting and funny.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....70633

cbsp

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:56 am
cutestbaby wrote:
I love harry potter fanfics for this reason!
Anyone have any good ones to recommend?

I enjoyed this when it first came out before book 7

Rowena's Quill
https://kressel.livejournal.com/55361.html

It's written by a frum woman but I think there's still some relationship stuff (on par with whatever had been in HP up until that point)

There's another fanfic out there that had me enthralled - almost like HP through a looking glass darkly - very scientific (also really really long) but I want to find it again to reread now that I've recently reread the series...

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:39 am
Hufflepuff all the way! I would enjoy the magical surroundings and stay out of the drama and basilisk-slaying. I'd probably spend considerable time testing the limits of the moving staircases and seeing "what happens if...?" I would make silly memories and potions. I wouldn't bother trying out for the quittitch team. Too much fire and violence. I'd probably befriend a few stray magical creatures and collect spare socks for the elves.

bigsis144

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:41 am
cbsp wrote:

There's another fanfic out there that had me enthralled - almost like HP through a looking glass darkly - very scientific (also really really long) but I want to find it again to reread now that I've recently reread the series...

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky, I presume?

http://www.hpmor.com/

Java

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:43 am
bigsis144 wrote:

That was gonna be my guess Smile
I actually found it quite boring, couldn't get through it. Stopped around chapter 6

Java

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:57 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Lol same exact personality traits

Yay twins!!!
Btw I think Gryffindor is less about bravery and more about loyalty, stubbornness etc

cbsp

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:02 am
bigsis144 wrote:

I first I thought this may be it but now I'm not sure... I remember the fanfic going through graduation and this one doesn't but it's been a really long time, so maybe I'm misremembering...

North Star

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:35 am
I’m a Ravenclaw 😄 I didn’t get the best grades, but I love to learn new things, love reading, and value intelligence and wit. I’m so far from brave so I can’t be Gryffindor, and hate to work hard so no Hufflepuff for me lol. Maybe I could be a Slytherin 🐍.

For fanfic recommendations, I love a good time-travel fic. Here’s two that I loved:

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4198643/1/

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10772496/1/

enneamom

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:57 am
bigsis144 wrote:

PSA, I really didn't appreciate this fanfic when I read it way back. It was extremely addictive, but was full of atheist messages and I just felt yucky reading it.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:41 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Yay twins!!!
Btw I think Gryffindor is less about bravery and more about loyalty, stubbornness etc

That makes a lot of sense especially going through the characters. Loyalty makes me think of Fawkes coming to Harry in Chamber of Secrets.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:43 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Yay twins!!!

In that case, I'd be a Gryffindor. I don't consider myself brave, but I am very loyal and willing to stand up for what's right.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:08 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
That's so cool! What do you teach from Harry Potter, and what age do you teach?

I teach the first book to seniors. We approached it two ways: film analysis and literary theory (focusing on gender, psychoanalytic, and social class).

It was surprising to see how many students never read it or watched any of the movies! I managed to “convert” a few though Wink.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I teach the first book to seniors. We approached it two ways: film analysis and literary theory (focusing on gender, psychoanalytic, and social class).

It was surprising to see how many students never read it or watched any of the movies! I managed to “convert” a few though Wink.

Omg I want your job. Just this part, though. Imagine getting paid to expound upon Harry Potter! Where do you teach?

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In that case, I'd be a Gryffindor. I don't consider myself brave, but I am very loyal and willing to stand up for what's right.

This is Gryffindor.
Generally, standing up for what is right does take bravery.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:37 pm
I'm really Hufflepuffy. But I've also always been a little ashamed of that part of me. Hufflepuff aren't particularly smart or daring, they're just good people, maybe even clumsier and more socially awkward than most. That's me. Today I like to think I'd embrace it. When I was 11 (isn't that when school started in the HP universe?) I would have sat with the hat on my head and been thinking with all of my might "Anything except Hufflepuff! Anything except Hufflepuff!" And the hat would have heard me and given me Ravenclaw or Gryffindor instead.

Hedwig

Post Sat, May 08 2021, 11:46 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
This is Gryffindor.
Generally, standing up for what is right does take bravery.

yep Gryffindor it is Cool I am a potterhead through and through and consider myself a real Gryffindor Laugh btw hi everyone! Im new here

enneamom

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:29 pm
Hedwig wrote:
yep Gryffindor it is Cool I am a potterhead through and through and consider myself a real Gryffindor Laugh btw hi everyone! Im new here

Hi! Your screen name is my avatar Cool
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room