Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dogecoin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:39 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
That's not true. A few weeks back it dropped one day to low .20s. I bought a bit more then .

Is

.053 is 15 cents less then 20 cents.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
.053 is 15 cents less then 20 cents.

Sorry totally read it wrong !

steak4me

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:43 am

I bought on robinhood app for anyone asking. In terms of it's it's worth it to buy now - who knows. I didn't put enough in to see a 50,000 reward but then again it's ok if my money drops to almost nothing. Only invest what you are ok with loosing.
I'm in it for the long term - not looking to sell right when it goes up. I want to see it in a few years

Low .20s is a lot higher than .053......

Still not possible to make over 40k with an initial investment of $500.

Doge has grown by 1000% since March. So your initial investment can’t be more than ten times itself

amother
Black

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:02 am
I’m not planning on selling for a while. I’m not banking on Elon Musk’s SNL appearance. I may take out my initial investment plus a bit if it hits 1$ but I would not take out most of the money.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My husband put in $500 a bit after pesach. It is now 40k. BH!!!!!! We so needed this money. It’s made a huge difference to our shalom bayis.

It feels rude to post this. Like I’m showing off. I’m sorry if this hurts someone.

Did you cash out yet? If you didn’t cash out yet, then you’re counting chickens before they hatch...

I would cash out at least half...

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:36 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Did you cash out yet? If you didn’t cash out yet, then you’re counting chickens before they hatch...

Yes I'd cash out 30k!

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I’m not planning on selling for a while. I’m not banking on Elon Musk’s SNL appearance. I may take out my initial investment plus a bit if it hits 1$ but I would not take out most of the money.

Same, I’m in for the long run. I put in when it was .04 way before pesach

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My husband put in $500 a bit after pesach. It is now 40k. BH!!!!!! We so needed this money. It’s made a huge difference to our shalom bayis.

It feels rude to post this. Like I’m showing off. I’m sorry if this hurts someone.

That’s great but how is that possible with the amount you put in?

shoshanim999

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Same, I’m in for the long run. I put in when it was .04 way before pesach

What do I know but it will almost certainly be significantly lower in a few years from now. Think about it. What is the role or function of crypto? What is it improving on? Why do we need it? How is it revolutionary? If you think about all the dramatic changes and improvements in the last few hundreds years, they always meaningfully bettered the way we do things. Electricity, plumbing, air travel, cars, the internet....Why do I need dogecoin or crypto? I walk into a store, pay with cash or credit and leave. I can make purchases instantly online with a credit card. What exactly is the role of dogecoin and how is it making our world better?

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:00 am
doodlesmom wrote:

He didn’t make 40k on $500 investment. Either he invested a lot more money or you are misunderstanding

Mollie

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:02 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
What do I know but it will almost certainly be significantly lower in a few years from now. Think about it. What is the role or function of crypto? What is it improving on? Why do we need it? How is it revolutionary? If you think about all the dramatic changes and improvements in the last few hundreds years, they always meaningfully bettered the way we do things. Electricity, plumbing, air travel, cars, the internet....Why do I need dogecoin or crypto? I walk into a store, pay with cash or credit and leave. I can make purchases instantly online with a credit card. What exactly is the role of dogecoin and how is it making our world better?

It can make an impact globally. In 20 years you can walk into a store in China and pay by app with Doge (maybe)

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:21 am
My husband got one coin as a free stock on Robinhood when it was worth 17 cents. After the whole GameStop story, he put in $100. We have about $3-400 now.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My husband got one coin as a free stock on Robinhood when it was worth 17 cents. After the whole GameStop story, he put in $100. We have about $3-400 now.

In how long did it go from 100 to 3-4?

shoshanim999

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 2:28 pm
Mollie wrote:
It can make an impact globally. In 20 years you can walk into a store in China and pay by app with Doge (maybe)

Maybe....and maybe not. So what is the fair value of dogecoin considering that maybe in 20 years people will use it? And maybe in 20 years nobody will know what dogecoin is. Which do you think is more likely? And considering that dogecoin started at less than a penny and is now 55 cents, it's pretty risky at this point.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 2:44 pm
I just bought in last night when it was down at 52 cents. I put in $50.

Right now ive made $10 profit already

Mollie

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 2:50 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
Maybe....and maybe not. So what is the fair value of dogecoin considering that maybe in 20 years people will use it? And maybe in 20 years nobody will know what dogecoin is. Which do you think is more likely? And considering that dogecoin started at less than a penny and is now 55 cents, it's pretty risky at this point.

Don’t fully understand the intrinsic value but Bitcoin started off at a few cents and is now 60k a share so there’s definitely potential

shoshanim999

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:05 pm
Mollie wrote:
Don’t fully understand the intrinsic value but Bitcoin started off at a few cents and is now 60k a share so there’s definitely potential

There's always "potential" but just realize that many economists think bitcoin (and dogecoin) will end up worthless.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:44 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
There's always "potential" but just realize that many economists think bitcoin (and dogecoin) will end up worthless.

But since doge is so cheap now that's exactly why it's worth the small risk. You put in a little money - a few hundred, maybe a thousand. Then you wait it out. Could be it is worth nothing in a few years. Could be it's worth 1,000 and my 200$ investment will be worth 580,000$
I saw online last night someone posted that they had 10 bitcoins right when they came out and they were worth pennies. He traded them for 2 pies of pizza. Right now he would have over half a milliom.dollars if he didn't sell.

The point is it's fun now to see what happends and you never know !

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:48 pm
But since doge is so cheap now that's exactly why it's worth the small risk. You put in a little money - a few hundred, maybe a thousand. Then you wait it out. Could be it is worth nothing in a few years. Could be it's worth 1,000 and my 200$ investment will be worth 580,000$
I saw online last night someone posted that they had 10 bitcoins right when they came out and they were worth pennies. He traded them for 2 pies of pizza. Right now he would have over half a milliom.dollars if he didn't sell.

The point is it's fun now to see what happends and you never know !

My thoughts exactly! The starting point is so low..who knows where this can go

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:49 pm
Mollie wrote:

Dogecoin and Bitcoin are very diff.
The biggest difference is Bitcoin is limited to 21 million coins max. Dogecoin can produce any number.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics