Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Replacing the toilet paper

hotpretzel

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:54 pm
If I walk into a bathroom and I see that the toilet paper/ or tissues are basically used up, I go and get more so that the people after me will have what to use.
Please help me understand WHY people do not go get more rolls/boxes when they run out??
Or if at work and you dont know where to get from- why cant a sign be put up "out of toilet paper"
What do people think will happen after the next person after them uses the bathroom...

I'm sure this happens in people's houses too, but I'm also talking specifically at work with other adults

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:56 pm
Reminds me of a joke:

(in public restroom)
Man in stall A: Hey, can you pass me some tp?
Man in stall B: Not enough... sorry...
(3 minutes later)
Man in stall A: Do you have change of a twenty?

singleagain

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:09 pm
We have one person's job who it's supposed to be so like he has the key to the things so if someone goes in and sees it empty you're supposed to tell him hey we need more TP.

You're right though people don't always consider it

Amarante

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:10 pm
Can you spare a square - classic Seinfeld

And for those who haven't seen the episode, never fear as Elaine gets vengeance when the woman doesn't have a tampon at the end of the episode. LOL LOL

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, May 06 2021, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:10 pm
Sometimes there's just a disconnect. Once you have dressed and washed your hands, your mind is already moving on and you've forgotten the minor personal hygiene incident.

When I lived alone there was no room to keep spare toilet paper in the bathroom, but by the time I got out I often forgot that it needed replacing. So the next time I just used the Shabbos toilet paper. Sometimes it continued for days before I remembered to bring a fresh roll in. Even more so at work, where these things are the responsibility of the cleaners.

cholentfan1

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:21 pm
Where I work, after much complaints from staff, they put a toilet roll stand where they keep 4 or 5 extra rolls inside the toilet stall to avoid the awkward situation.
At home, I also make sure each bathroom has a couple of rolls in the cupboard because otherwise I forget once I leave the bathroom. Also I find my 4yo (along with my toddler) seems to use up the toilet paper much too fast, including filling up the bath, rolling it along the floor and unrolling it in the sink and switching on the tap! Banging head

chanatron1000

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:22 pm
When a person walks out of a room, the brain immediately forgets what the person intended to do after leaving. It's always best to keep extra rolls in the restroom.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 5:28 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
When a person walks out of a room, the brain immediately forgets what the person intended to do after leaving. It's always best to keep extra rolls in the restroom.

Where else do people keep toilet paper unless one is talking about pallets of hoarded Costco quantities. LOL

I don't use my guest bath so I have to make a conscious effort to check inventory in that bathroom.

I sometimes forget what I planned to do on my way to actually do it.

hotpretzel

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:21 pm
But the toilet paper is stored in a closet right next to the bathroom. There are a few rolls in the bathroom at the start of the day but it gets used up fast.
I understand the person who uses it up might forget after leaving the room, but what about the next person who enters the bathroom and sees an empty holder?
The other day I wanted to see what happens when I dont bring in toilet paper after finishing the roll, I have no clue what everyone used instead but not one person brought toilet paper into the bathroom. I saw people going in and out. It's a mystery

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 6:25 pm
People often have a few tissues in their pocket.

They might notice the empty toilet paper dispenser in time to go out and grab a few paper towels. They might even take enough to leave for the next person as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette