Home

Can fat ppl wear stockings
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Just to clarify you wear underwear, shorts than stockings? I can’t get stockings on like this!!

I was out trying to get errands done for my family and had to go home because my stockings refuse to stay up!!!!!!!


Yes, I'm worried about this too!
I'm about 220 pounds, but prob more big around my thighs vs other areas. I am worried about being hot and how the stockings will go over and stay over. I'm not getting how it works
Back to top

amother




Coffee
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:31 pm
Long leg underwear
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b542f

If it’s biker shorts I’d wear over the stockings to help keep them up
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I've had similar issues, and the anti chafe shorts are a lifesaver!!!! With stockings they are less comfortable but still better than the pain.

I also recently ordered this brand of stockings and found them much more comfortable than MeMoi (and tear less)

https://shoppersparadisenj.com.....6189/
https://shoppersparadisenj.com.....7649/


I’m interested in trying these out. What’s the difference between honey and nude? I assume honey is darker? What do most people wear?
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I have stopped wearing stockings because I simply cannot deal with wrestling myself into them, sweating like a maniac in them, and then having burns on my inner thighs. I believe tznius-wise that I should be wearing them, but I just can't deal with it anymore and DH doesn't care so unless I lose a lot of weight, I'm just done.


I wish I could give them up they’re so uncomfortable and hot but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with my bare legs out as they don’t look very nice 😞 also can’t stand the feeling of shoes without some sort of sock or hosiery
Back to top

nicole81




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:59 pm
I wore Berkshire, and always put biker shorts over the tights. I found the dress barn ones to go over the tights nicely and they weren't constricting at all. They came in nude and black. https://dressbarn.com/collecti.....34389
Back to top

andrea levy




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:05 pm
I wear the equivalent of bike shorts. Shapermint type shorts. Been doing this forever and even at my highest weight I never had thigh burns once I started doing this
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 4:29 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I wear the equivalent of bike shorts. Shapermint type shorts. Been doing this forever and even at my highest weight I never had thigh burns once I started doing this


Under or over the stockings?
Back to top

amother




Salmon
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:32 pm
I’m also heavier and was sick and tired of wrestling into the Jewish brands and I actually found a great brand of plus size stockings on Amazon! They seem to rip less than the Jewish brands too. I don’t like to weigh myself so not sure how much I weigh, but I typically wear size 2X in clothing and I wear these tights in size 1X-2X, but they go up to size 8X. I get the color suntan and it’s perfect!! Here’s a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4bd7f

*It’s $16 for a pair of 2, so more expensive than the ones found in the Jewish stores, but IMO it’s worth it bc I won’t have to replace ripped ones as often
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I’m also heavier and was sick and tired of wrestling into the Jewish brands and I actually found a great brand of plus size stockings on Amazon! They seem to rip less than the Jewish brands too. I don’t like to weigh myself so not sure how much I weigh, but I typically wear size 2X in clothing and I wear these tights in size 1X-2X, but they go up to size 8X. I get the color suntan and it’s perfect!! Here’s a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4bd7f

*It’s $16 for a pair of 2, so more expensive than the ones found in the Jewish stores, but IMO it’s worth it bc I won’t have to replace ripped ones as often


Do they not give rash bc they properly fit?
Back to top

amother




Copper
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:40 pm
I wear knee highs & boxer or bloomer type underwear. Vermont country store has some nice ones, as does Woman within. But don't get the 4 inch ones, you want the long ones. (of course I only wear long skirts.)
Back to top

amother




Mustard
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 5:49 pm
I like the assuto honey color, I didn't try the nude though.
Not sure if the control top has good control or not sorry, only wore a few times and didn't pay attention.

I found I could wear them all day Shabbos (hasn't been super hot yet where I live), with MeMoi I would rush to take them off when I come home.

These are the shorts I use, hang to dry:

https://www.target.com/p/jocke.....89459
Back to top

amother




Salmon
 

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 7:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do they not give rash bc they properly fit?


Yes! That’s been my experience so far. No heat rashes
Back to top

andrea levy




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 1:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Under or over the stockings?


It depends on the stockings really. Even they are smaller, under the shorts. Bigger, over .
Back to top

naturalmom5




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:06 am
I used to be over 300
Never had trouble finding tights in Lain Bryant
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:16 am
scruffy wrote:
Yes!! I also recently switched from Memoi to Esatto! Love their tights and they definitely tear less. Very very comfortable.


What color essatto. Nude or honey?
Back to top

amother




Bisque
 

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:40 am
nicole81 wrote:
I wore Berkshire, and always put biker shorts over the tights. I found the dress barn ones to go over the tights nicely and they weren't constricting at all. They came in nude and black. https://dressbarn.com/collecti.....34389


Berkshire changed the way they make their tights. Since then I’m having trouble
Back to top

amother




Bisque
 

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I’m also heavier and was sick and tired of wrestling into the Jewish brands and I actually found a great brand of plus size stockings on Amazon! They seem to rip less than the Jewish brands too. I don’t like to weigh myself so not sure how much I weigh, but I typically wear size 2X in clothing and I wear these tights in size 1X-2X, but they go up to size 8X. I get the color suntan and it’s perfect!! Here’s a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4bd7f

*It’s $16 for a pair of 2, so more expensive than the ones found in the Jewish stores, but IMO it’s worth it bc I won’t have to replace ripped ones as often


What “brand” do the Amazon ones compare to in terms of feel, (texture....)
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 2:13 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
What “brand” do the Amazon ones compare to in terms of feel, (texture....)

I ordered them from this thread and they came over yt. I can update tomorrow:)
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:33 am
I am wearing the amazon stockings today. A few things:
Buy the right size. I got 1-2x, as well as 3-4x (as that was my size in berkshire tights) but it runs according to your clothes size.
They are 20 denier-they may rip more.
The suntan color is gorgeous. It's like Berkshire natural tan or esatto honey.
They do not have a control top-that really surprised me.
Back to top

amother




Coffee
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:46 am
Crookshanks wrote:
I am wearing the amazon stockings today. A few things:
Buy the right size. I got 1-2x, as well as 3-4x (as that was my size in berkshire tights) but it runs according to your clothes size.
They are 20 denier-they may rip more.
The suntan color is gorgeous. It's like Berkshire natural tan or esatto honey.
They do not have a control top-that really surprised me.


Is it better than esatto?
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can I wear tan colored shoes?
by amother
2 Yesterday at 10:47 pm View last post
No self-gas in NJ, tipping the ppl
by amother
16 Yesterday at 10:11 pm View last post
Will there be ppl in swimsuits at NJ boardwalk tonight?
by amother
9 Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:58 pm View last post
What type of heel should I wear?
by amother
1 Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:27 pm View last post
Baby fat
by amother
2 Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:33 pm View last post