Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Attention etky: sweet cannoli recipe question

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 12:08 pm
Hope it's okay to post your user name in the subject line.

I found this recipe from you and have a few questions: anyone's welcome to chime in if you know.

1 9% Soft Cheese - gvinah levanah
1 (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar
1 small carton (8 oz) whipping cream
1/2 pack vanilla pudding

1.Combine the 9% and cream cheese. Mix in the sugar, pudding mix and vanilla sugar.
2.Whip up the whip and and combine with the mixture.
3.Fill the cigars and decorate to your liking.

Pretty sure I got it off of imamother originally.
Anyway, I dip one end in melted milk chocolate and then roll lin chopped nuts.
I've used white chocolate too.
Sometimes I add crushed oreos to the mixture too.

Questions:
What size gvina levana? 250 grams?
How many cannolis does it fill?
Half a package of osem vanilla pudding?
How exactly do you fill the cannolis? Pipe it in?

Thanks!!

etky

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:22 pm
So the mixture makes enough to fill 2 packages of the גלילי וופל (I think there's like 15 in each package) and there is usually some mixture left over that I freeze in a small foil pan between layers of oreo crumbs.
Yes, it's a 250 g. container of gvinah levana and yes I'm referring to the Osem vanilla pudding. You can also use the chocolate chip flavor pudding too if you have it.
So, filling the cannoli: You leave them standing up in the clear package that they come in and just pipe in the filling using a pastry bag or zip lock with the corner cut off. You might want to tap them a bit to make sure that the filling has gone all the way down each tube.
Then just replace the cover and stick the whole thing in the freezer until they're frozen. Once they're frozen you can do the chocolate/nut dipping thing. The topping makes them bulkier so they won't fit back nicely in the package that they come in. You should find a larger container that will hold them standing up, at least until the chocolate hardens and then you can lie them down.
Make sure to keep them frozen until serving, otherwise they get soggy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:28 pm
Yum yum yum!! Thanks so much!

etky

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:30 pm
So I just found some notes that I wrote to myself over the past few years (I only make this once a year on Shavuot so I have to look up the recipe each year):

1. Don't use the dark, chocolate flavor גלילות וופל. They fall apart.
2. sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate rather than rolling the cannolis in them cause otherwise the chocolate gets into the nuts and makes like a paste.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 4:55 am
I had to tell you that I made this again this year and it came out delicious. Thanks again!

etky

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 5:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had to tell you that I made this again this year and it came out delicious. Thanks again!

Yay! So pleased!
Mine are in the freezer from Friday. DD was home and I recruited her to fill the wafer rolls. I hate that part and she's much more adroit than me.
No nuts for us this year unfortunately. My niece has a newly discovered nut allergy Sad
So instead of nuts we drizzled some melted dark and white chocolate over the rolls after they got coated with the milk chocolate. Looks pretty but I'm gonna miss the crunchy nuts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics