Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Never went for a Pedicure
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:56 pm
I never went for a pedicure before, but my nails are getting hard and dried out. I’m afraid I’m going to look clueless, as I am, when going to the salon. What is there for me to know?

amother
White

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:02 pm
When u get there they will ask what you’re there for. You can say a pedicure. They will ask u to choose a color and they’ll call u when they r ready for u. Take off ur shoes and socks and they’ll fill the basic with warm water and salts and you’ll put you’re feet in for a few mins and then she will start working in you one foot at a time. Before polish she’ll drain the tub and give u paper slippers with toe separators. She’ll polish and then u go to the drying station to dry. Take a magazine or ur phone to hang with while she works. Also the chair has massage options so u can turn them on and get comfy. Some salons have a few pedi options like spa pedicure and they like they do extra creams and salts and hot rocks type

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:19 pm
So many options, I’m not gonna know what to answer!
Also, what if I don’t want any nail polish at all? I’m planning to go the morning of mikvah day.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So many options, I’m not gonna know what to answer!
Also, what if I don’t want any nail polish at all? I’m planning to go the morning of mikvah day.

Simply say no polish

Tzutzie

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:24 pm
What amother white said. Usually I choose according to my budget. Haven't had one in years. When we lived in the city id treat myself every now and then. Now it's too much of a hassle to get to a spa to do it.
Enjoy your pamper session!! and don't be shy to ask what their special options/massage or whatever involves. You are the paying costumer. Ask away.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:33 pm
How much money am I supposed to take along? For just a pedicure? For an additional massage?

amother
White

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much money am I supposed to take along? For just a pedicure? For an additional massage?

The chair massage is free. A basic pedicure is around $25 (depends where u live) if u want a spa pedicure it’s maybe $40. U can pay cc. Take along 15-20% cash for a tip

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:38 pm
Thanks. I’m so nervous but excited at the same time. I want to pamper myself so I’m planning to go all out, unless I chicken out. It’s being mikvah night since I had a baby almost 10 weeks ago, so really nervous and excited. I hope I’ll be brave,

amother
White

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I’m so nervous but excited at the same time. I want to pamper myself so I’m planning to go all out, unless I chicken out. It’s being mikvah night since I had a baby almost 10 weeks ago, so really nervous and excited. I hope I’ll be brave,

Enjoy! (Don’t be anxious!)

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:14 am
Another question ....
Do I need to cut my nails beforehand? They are quite long...

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Another question ....
Do I need to cut my nails beforehand? They are quite long...

They will cut it. Just like they do at a manicure. They might ask how long. So just tell them you want it short.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:18 am
I'm following this thread because I've never either gotten a pedicure.

Bad idea if I have gross/ingrown toenails? Can they say sorry we can't handle you if they are truly disgusting?? LOL

Tzutzie

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:23 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I'm following this thread because I've never either gotten a pedicure.

Bad idea if I have gross/ingrown toenails? Can they say sorry we can't handle you if they are truly disgusting?? LOL

Just the more reason to get one today. Wink

Op I hope you enjoy it. Just relax and let them pamper you. And mazal tov to your new baby.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:35 am
I thought this was going to be an AMA thread LOL

But me too. Enjoy!!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:59 pm
I’m getting excited, but still have more questions... Need to plan my day...
How long does it take? I’m not having any nail polish, just the rest (whatever that entails)

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:01 pm
If nobody else is around 🤣 maybe you can tell the person, this is my first pedicure?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
If nobody else is around 🤣 maybe you can tell the person, this is my first pedicure?

That’s what I’m debating.... walk in as if I know the place inside out and confident, or just be honest and say I’ve never done this before please help

amother
White

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m getting excited, but still have more questions... Need to plan my day...
How long does it take? I’m not having any nail polish, just the rest (whatever that entails)

If there’s no wait I’d say about half hr. If u like shmoozing tell her I’ve never done this before etc. personally I like keeping to myself but you do you

exhausted

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:10 pm
I would definitely tell them if it was my first time. No shame at all to finally be doing some self care. Enjoy! You deserve it. I recently started going every month. It feels so good to leave with trimmed nails and smooth heels.

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s what I’m debating.... walk in as if I know the place inside out and confident, or just be honest and say I’ve never done this before please help

Apologies for the voice to text rambling thought

If this is your first time are you generally okay for other people I mean feet some people can be not ticklish anywhere and very ticklish in their feet So depending on what it feels like you you might want to tell them that it's your first time only because you don't want things to be awkward and you don't want to suddenly feel like you're going to kick her in the nose by mistake You know maybe in this case being open and honest would be the best

A slightly different but when I used to go to My pediatric dentist I was a very grateful that He very carefully explained everything to me before it happened each and every single time I went there by the way it wasn't like you know every time I was there and if he had to do drilling if he had to do whatever he would explain to me he would show me the tools it really helped calm me down So if you're at all nervous it might be a good idea to ask
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics