Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Iso online masters in social work or counselling

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 5:49 am
Looking for a reputable online masters in social work or counselling. Please help.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:43 am
Bump

cnc

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:23 am
At this point, almost every school has an online program thanks to COVID. Field work will need to be in person though,

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:36 am
I know people getting it through frum online programs and I'm pretty impressed. It happens that these people are very impressive people to begin with.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 3:28 pm
I am interested in information on a master's degree in social work, preferably online. I want something that is on the Jewish schedule and hashkaficaly ok.
I see lots of options. I would appreciate hearing about any experience with specific programs.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 3:50 pm
Doesn’t TTI have a program that you can do in like 3 months? Anything else is a waste of time and not worth it.

true me

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 3:55 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Doesn’t TTI have a program that you can do in like 3 months? Anything else is a waste of time and not worth it.

3 months? all other programs are minimum 16 months. Do you know anyone who took it with TTI?

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 3:56 pm
amother Steel wrote:

I cannot imagine being the patient of someone who studied for three months. How is that fair to patients?

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 3:58 pm
true me wrote:
3 months? all other programs are minimum 16 months. Do you know anyone who took it with TTI?

No I actually have my undergraduate from U of P and my master’s from NYU. I just think this whole thing has become a farce in some communities.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 4:02 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I cannot imagine being the patient of someone who studied for three months. How is that fair to patients?

How are any of these education degrees, PT/OT/SLP degrees fair to patients? And then most of these people work for the likes of Yeled VeYalda. So who is really loosing out? The children. But how is that any different than sending an 18 month out to day care with one adult and 10-17 other toddlers?

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 4:11 pm
amother Steel wrote:
How are any of these education degrees, PT/OT/SLP degrees fair to patients? And then most of these people work for the likes of Yeled VeYalda. So who is really loosing out? The children. But how is that any different than sending an 18 month out to day care with one adult and 10-17 other toddlers?

I'm an SLP. I didn't go to any of these programs, but I've worked with some of their graduates. There really isn't much of a difference.

You have to realize that with graduate programs, you really cannot cut any corners. For example, in speech if you want to be accredited by ASHA, you must have a certain number of hours of coursework and field work, plus many other requirements. ASHA is very on top of the graduate programs, and audits them every few years.

I think its only at the undergraduate level that it's possible to take shortcuts (like cleps instead of classes). But not at the graduate level, especially if you want to pass licensing exams, get licensed/registered in your state, and get certified by asha (or whatever the equivalent is for the other therapies)

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 4:22 pm
amother Steel wrote:

I never heard of a fully online ot or pt program. Also there is a ton of fieldwork involved which can't be remote. You need to pass national boards which require a lot of knowledge.

mom291

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:31 pm
bump

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:42 pm
amother Steel wrote:

TTI's social work program is a 2 year program.
https://testingandtraining.com.....work/ It says here that it's an online program. I assume the fieldwork is in person.
Afaik all their programs are on a frum life-compatible schedule.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics