Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Which country do you live in

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:45 am
The Ima's that responded to the high school post were mainly from USA. I have also noticed that when ima's respond to other ima's posts there is a large assumption that mothers using this wonderful "Imamother" site are based in the USA.
Sometimes when I read a post which has got information that I am interested in, I find the answer is talking about somewhere in the USA but it took reading a few answers to the original post till I realized that the mother was referring to a place in USA and that is not relevant to me since I live in England.
I wonder if there can be an indication on each post at the beginning to say where the mother putting the post lives.

jstanothermothe

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:50 am
I've noticed it too. I think it honestly just boils down to the fact that most frum people in the world right now are either in the tri-state area, or in israel. leaving small minorities in other countries sometimes out. Idk I'm from Canada and I don't mind it, probably because (at least before covid) if there ever is any resource I really really need, I don't mind the drive to NY.

scruffy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 7:57 am
I think that US and especially tristate area Imas are more likely to click on/ post in a high school thread since it's more likely that they'll know people with their background. Still a majority of the posters on this board, but they might be overrepresented on that thread.

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:14 am
There's also board here for various area in the tri state...
Example: the Lakewood board. Or NY inquiry

Truth is... It's not just an imamother issue.. go to any popular website where ppl are talking and you'll see that majority of people are very American centric.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:26 am
Hey op I’m an American moving to the uk and I’m freaking out considering I will be the minority now. That means when I have a question where to find or which doctor to use I don’t think I’ll get too many responses 😬

English3

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:48 am
I find it hard to respond BC we speak a total different language to the Americans. I wish there would be an england inquiries forum. I am sure the English people will respond faster.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:08 am
English3 wrote:
I find it hard to respond BC we speak a total different language to the Americans. I wish there would be an england inquiries forum. I am sure the English people will respond faster.

Yes let’s do this. I’m going to have soooo many question once I move! I’ll report your post and suggest just that.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:32 am
singleagain wrote:
There's also board here for various area in the tri state...
Example: the Lakewood board. Or NY inquiry

Yeah, and count how many threads aren't in that forum. I restrain myself from asking, what hemisphere?
But OP, my apologies, because I at least am in the US. I'll try to remember our OOUS members in the future.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Hey op I’m an American moving to the uk and I’m freaking out considering I will be the minority now. That means when I have a question where to find or which doctor to use I don’t think I’ll get too many responses 😬

Oh, but everyone will be enchanted by your accent.

singleagain

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:59 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Yeah, and count how many threads aren't in that forum. I restrain myself from asking, what hemisphere?
But OP, my apologies, because I at least am in the US. I'll try to remember our OOUS members in the future.

No you're right. People do post in main board without location all the time....

Maybe we need like a thing how on Facebook it says location

English3

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:16 am
Yes let’s do this. I’m going to have soooo many question once I move! I’ll report your post and suggest just that.

Ok I will forgive you this time😜

English3

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:19 am

It would be lovely to get to know you darling!

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:19 am

I don’t even bother asking questions like that.

imasinger

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 12:59 pm
Could you please not use the report function to request for a new section to be set up? That's something to PM to Yael. None of the rest of us can make it happen. TIA.

s c

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:15 pm

If you're moving to North West London I'll be happy to help point you in the right direction for all the things you will need. I'm sure there are others on here who can too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics