Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How is it legal?
  Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next

keym

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm referring to the fact that the vaccine is not FDA approved.
Ebola and COVID are not in the same category. Ebola is way more deadly.
That being said, if someone was exposed to COVID, yes they should take proper precautions and quarantine.

So you're ok with mandatory nasal swabs at the entrance to every store, every bus, every movie theater, every classroom to make sure the person doesn't have COVID, but you're not ok with vaccine status?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:19 pm
Other than the fact that covid is a lot deadlier than the flu, I can't think of any other differences...

Hm

(You cannot drive while drunk. You cannot drive if you have seizures. You cannot bring sharp items onto an airplane. You cannot get into Harvard without good grades. You cannot attend BY if you are not Jewish or female...)

amother
OP

amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
SUNY wouldn't let me in either. They would discriminate against me for my GPA.

There is no concept of blanket "no discrimination".

They can set admission standards based on grades.
Medical discrimination is blanket in the US.

amother
Green

amother [ OP ] wrote:
And not discrimination to enforce that only vaccinated people can be admitted to a place?
Firstly, don't we have HIPAA laws (at least in the US) that protect our Healthcare privacy?
The vaccines have not been FDA approved. How can they demand the general public take a vaccine that has not been approved.
Many colleges, including all CUNY and SUNY colleges in NY as well as the University of California system are requiring that all students returning to classes MUST be vaccinated. How is this legal? Where are our rights!?

Don't you know? We gave them away when we agreed to two weeks to flatten the curve.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
CUNY always asks for your vaccine records so I guess its not discrimination or in violation of hippa laws. The only difference is that this particular vaccine is not FDA approved so not sure how they can enforce it. My understanding is though that the vaccine company is looking for full FDA approval despite the fact that there are no long term studies and the current studies have been unblinded so not sure how they can get approval for an experimental vaccine. Of course we know that the FDA and CDC is corrupt and do whatever they want so expect the covid vaccine to get approval despite the problems it presents. Not sure how we can get around it at this point. I hope Moshiach comes already because this world just keep getting darker and darker and we need a yeshua to take us out of all the insanity. Hashem help us all.

Yes, they are working on full FDA approval but until they get it - which I daven doesn't happen without the proper studies being done - they should not be allowed to demand it.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Other than the fact that covid is a lot deadlier than the flu, I can't think of any other differences...

Hm

(You cannot drive while drunk. You cannot drive if you have seizures. You cannot bring sharp items onto an airplane. You cannot get into Harvard without good grades. You cannot attend BY if you are not Jewish or female...)

covid has a 98% survival rate.

Covid is LESS fatal then the regular flu for people under 60!
So makes no sense to demand College Students get Covid vaccine when most schools did
not mandate regular flu shots!

Treatment for Covid is being supressed by government and fake news:

drugs like HCQ, Ivermectin, Azythromicin

supplements like Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Iodine

Using nebulizer - especially with few drops of peroxide or iodine added to steam.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Mon, May 10 2021, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

the admission standard is discrimination based on grades.

I don't know what you mean by "Medical discrimination is blanket in the US". What are you pointing to?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
CUNY always asks for your vaccine records so I guess its not discrimination or in violation of hippa laws. The only difference is that this particular vaccine is not FDA approved so not sure how they can enforce it. My understanding is though that the vaccine company is looking for full FDA approval despite the fact that there are no long term studies and the current studies have been unblinded so not sure how they can get approval for an experimental vaccine. Of course we know that the FDA and CDC is corrupt and do whatever they want so expect the covid vaccine to get approval despite the problems it presents. Not sure how we can get around it at this point. I hope Moshiach comes already because this world just keep getting darker and darker and we need a yeshua to take us out of all the insanity. Hashem help us all.

No, we don't "know: that the FDA and CDC are corrupt.

We KNOW that almost 3.3 million people have died worldwide (.04% of the world's population). 8.5 in every 500 Americans is dead in just over a year.

Hashem is helping us. He gave us a vaccine for this plague.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Different colleges have different vaccine requirements. My undergraduate university required the meningitis vaccine, which wasn't standard at that time across the board. When I went to graduate school in another state years later, that university required chicken pox vaccine or proof of immunity via titers. I had to go get tested to provide the latter, which I had never had to do ever, since having chicken pox in the 1980's.

They allowed proof of immunity.... makes a big difference
Also did not require any of these vaccines before they were fully FDA approved.

Lovable

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

We KNOW that almost 3.3 million people have died worldwide (.04% of the world's population). 8.5 in every 500 Americans is dead in just over a year.

Did he tell you that?? Its obviously far from black & white
So if you take the message as such, get the vaccine. But REQUIRING others to get it is unsafe, immoral & crazy when you think about it

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

You don't know that FDA and CDC are corrupt, but others do.

The death rates are exaggerated as well - people who died of other causes but were
covid positive were included in the death count. By that standard, George Floyd, who was
Covid positive, died of Covid and not from knee on neck (or drug overdose). People who
died from car accidents were counted as Covid death.

Hospitals were PAID by Government for every death they counted as a Covid death -
yeah, no corruption there! (sarcasm)

Last edited by #BestBubby on Mon, May 10 2021, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:27 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I think it's important to keep it factual to have a fruitful discussion regardless of which side one falls on this issue:

1. flu is not as contagious as COVID - standard hospital ppe protocols (as discussed at length in other threads) for flu are in a less stringent tier than for COVID
2. efficacy of COVID vaccines (esepcially Pfizer and Moderna) is much higher than that of the flu vaccine
3. Some people cannot get the vaccine due to contraindications, so it's not so simple to say those who want/need protection should just get the vaccine---those folks, possibly protected by the ADA--also have rights.
4. Staff and faculty are not typically 20-somethings---they have a right to work in a safe environment--and OSHA regulations may apply.

It has not been proven that efficacy of the vaccines is higher than flu vaccines.
Why is one protected class better than another?
As Americans we are all protected against being guinea pigs. We are allowed to enter trials at will. No one is forced to. These drugs are still in trial stages. The CDC, FDA and drug companies themselves admit that.
The same way accommodations are made for ADA people for other things, accommodations can be made for them for this too. But that doesn't mean the whole population has to vaccinate to protect them. Not the way it works.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Funny how every single person who died in 2020 (once coronavirus was introduced) died of coronavirus but not a single person who died after taking the vaccine despite thousands of reports of people dying after taking the vaccine or getting injured died or got injured from the vaccine. So the FDA and CDC can botch these numbers with the help of doctors who are too scared to be honest about the side effects and deaths that the vaccine is causing lest they lose their licenses. So yes, that is corruption at its finest but I guess it helps you sleep better at night to know that an experimental vaccine is being forced on others without any regard to their wellbeing.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

ROFL*.

In the US, its illegal to discriminate on account of race, color, religion, zex (including pregnancy, zexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, familial status or genetic information.

That's it.

You can tell people they can't come into your restaurant if they're not wearing a tie dye tee shirt, or if they're under 6 feet tall.

And you can require vaccines with genuine medical exemptions

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I just over a year, more than 8 in every 500 Americans has died of covid.

That's about 10 to 25 YEARS worth of flu deaths.

And while SUNY doesn't require proof of flu vaccination, it does require other vaccinations.

But you're not being forced to get the vaccine. You can choose not to attend a SUNY or CUNY.

Part of that is due to lack of treatment knowledge and protocol. Flu deaths were much higher in earlier years than they are now.
That aside, the vaccine is NOT approved. How can something that is not approved be made mandatory?
Yes, you can attend another college other than CUNY and SUNY. However, many private colleges are requiring it to. I'm asking in general why are colleges allowed to require it? I gave a few examples of colleges that I know are requiring it. But many others are requiring it too.
What about students that are in middle, or close to finishing, their degree. Not so simple to just transfer.
Really this isn't only about college. It's any establishment that requires it.
My point remains - how can a non FDA approved vaccine be REQUIRED?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:33 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
What about the rights of the people who don't want to get sick?

If they dont want to get sick they can take the vaccine. It is free and easily accessible to all at this point.

I will be taking the vaccine soon (I'm in the first trimester now and want to wait till the second). Once I am vaccinated I do not care what other people do. I dont care of they wear masks or not, if they vaccinate or not, if they quarantine or not. I will be protected and immune because of a very effective vaccine (that is much more effective than the flu vaccine).

Even now, when I am not yet vaccinated, I dont expect anyone to take my health into consideration when I am making the choice not to get vaccinated. It is my obligation to protect myself

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:34 pm
Lovable wrote:
Stay home
The rest of us dont need to jab ourselves annually with a vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA, just to make u feel safe
And if you believe the vaccine is good & 100% effective, feel free to jab yourself & be absolutely safe!

Nope. You stay home and take your classes on zoom! Those who choose to go in person need to be vaccinated...

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:34 pm
keym wrote:
So you're ok with mandatory nasal swabs at the entrance to every store, every bus, every movie theater, every classroom to make sure the person doesn't have COVID, but you're not ok with vaccine status?

Where did I say that?
I want to know why requiring a non FDA approved vaccine is ok.
And instead this is turning into a discussion of the virus itself.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:35 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
And Covid is LESS DANGEROUS to college age people then the seasonal flu!

And the flu vaccine had FDA approval and this EXPERIMENTAL vaccines DOES NOT!!!

Really?? How many college age students that you know died from the flu?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:35 pm
You have the right to attend remotely.
Page 2 of 14   Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next Recent Topics