Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How is it legal?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Other than the fact that covid is a lot deadlier than the flu, I can't think of any other differences...

Hm

(You cannot drive while drunk. You cannot drive if you have seizures. You cannot bring sharp items onto an airplane. You cannot get into Harvard without good grades. You cannot attend BY if you are not Jewish or female...)

All these examples are on a personal level.
There is no rule about driving after 5pm because the general public finishes work then and may start drinking.
If a person wants to get the vaccine, go ahead. But how can it be required of EVERYONE?
Especially since it's not approved.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:37 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Don't you know? We gave them away when we agreed to two weeks to flatten the curve.

Sadly, this is basically what it boils down to.
We have no rights anymore

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:38 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
covid has a 98% survival rate.

Covid is LESS fatal then the regular flu for people under 60!
So makes no sense to demand College Students get Covid vaccine when most schools did
not mandate regular flu shots!

Treatment for Covid is being supressed by government and fake news:

drugs like HCQ, Ivermectin, Azythromicin

supplements like Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Iodine

Using nebulizer - especially with few drops of peroxide or iodine added to steam.

Thank you!
I really didn't want to discuss all this. But thanks for mentioning it.
I just want to understand how a vaccine that is not APPROVED can be REQUIRED.
But all this is true.

keym

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where did I say that?
I want to know why requiring a non FDA approved vaccine is ok.
And instead this is turning into a discussion of the virus itself.

Because you keep saying HIPAA and government doesn't have a right to discriminate medically.
So I'm curious if it's just the vaccine you have an objection to or all COVID related health prevention techniques.

If it's just the vaccine (because it's not yet FDA approved) then you have no problem with schools, stores, etc enforcing nasal swabs to make sure everyone is Covid free.

#BestBubby

fleetwood wrote:
Really?? How many college age students that you know died from the flu?

They are BOTH rare - Covid even more so.

And most colleges did NOT mandate flu shots, so why are they mandating EXPERIMENTAL
Covid Shots that don't have FDA approval.

This is Violation of Nuremberg laws.

This is the TUSKAGEE atrocity on a massive scale!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
You have the right to attend remotely.

that's not a right - its an option (if offered).

Lovable

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:40 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope. You stay home and take your classes on zoom! Those who choose to go in person need to be vaccinated...

Oh Well
Guess you are a victim of the covid brainwash - Are you part of those who believe covid is her to stay & we should practice SD, masks, vaccines etc for eternity?
Feel bad that you have to deal with that for the rest of your life.
Feel free to join us who have learnt to move on whenever you feel ready

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sadly, this is basically what it boils down to.
We have no rights anymore

You want to deprive people of their right to live? What rights are they left with?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Hashem is helping us. He gave us a vaccine for this plague.

Yet the vaccine doesnt make you immune and you still have to wear a mask and still are not free to live your life but somehow this is forced on everyone. That is despite the fact that there are other medications that do work but those are being banned by politicians who are not allowing doctors to use every life saving method there is to help people. That is more evidence of corruption but apparently some people believe that there is only one solution to a problem even if this solution doesnt work as already described above. Unbelievable to see people twist themselves into a pretzel to pretend that the vaccine works (even though they admit that it doesnt work as they still force vaccinated people to wear masks because they are still at risk of catching covid which also says that there is no immunity from the vaccine) but dismiss everything else.

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:43 pm
Lovable wrote:

You know who doesn't get to move on? Dead people.

amother
Lilac

amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Funny how every single person who died in 2020 (once coronavirus was introduced) died of coronavirus but not a single person who died after taking the vaccine despite thousands of reports of people dying after taking the vaccine or getting injured. So the FDA and CDC can botch these numbers with the help of doctors who are too scared to be honest about the side effects and deaths that the vaccine is causing lest they lose their licenses. So yes, that is corruption at its finest but I guess it helps you sleep better at night to know that an experimental vaccine is being forced on others without any regard to their wellbeing.

Funny how people make things up to suit their agenda.

3,358,814 people died in the US in 2020. About 375,000 people in the US died of covid in 2020. So lots and lots and lots of non-covid deaths.

Absent covid, about 8400 people a day die in the US. Obviously people are going to die after receiving the covid vaccine, without any causality. Interesting how you engage in exactly the same sort of statistical hijinks you accuse the government of.

No US doctor has lost their license for reporting side effects from the covid vaccine. Its a giant conspiracy theory -- there's no proof of bad things happening, but they must be, so it must be the EVUL GOVMUNT hiding it.

amother
Black

The pandemic isn't over just because you're done with it.

amother
OP

amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
the admission standard is discrimination based on grades.

I don't know what you mean by "Medical discrimination is blanket in the US". What are you pointing to?

One is not allowed to discriminate against an individual based on a medical issue/condition.
Colleges can set guidelines for admission based on grades. They cannot set guidelines based on medical conditions. Saying anyone in a wheelchair is not eligible for admission is illegal.
Saying someone with a 3.4 GPA is not eligible for admission is legal.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It has not been proven that efficacy of the vaccines is higher than flu vaccines.
Why is one protected class better than another?
As Americans we are all protected against being guinea pigs. We are allowed to enter trials at will. No one is forced to. These drugs are still in trial stages. The CDC, FDA and drug companies themselves admit that.
The same way accommodations are made for ADA people for other things, accommodations can be made for them for this too. But that doesn't mean the whole population has to vaccinate to protect them. Not the way it works.

there's actual data out yearly on flu vaccines and there's data out now on the COVID vaccines, as preliminary as it is--it's data.

My point in bringing up other laws, including federal laws, regarding the disabled and separately, workplace safety, is that this is a complicated legal discussion and not simply a matter of personal rights to not vaccinate. There are a lot of legalistic things going on. That must be acknowledged to have a functional discussion, but functional may not be what folks are looking for here.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:45 pm
Lovable wrote:
Oh Well
Guess you are a victim of the covid brainwash - Are you part of those who believe covid is her to stay & we should practice SD, masks, vaccines etc for eternity?

Nope. I'm vaccinated.. I'm already back to normal. However,those who cannot be vaccinated should not be subjected to people like you who refuse to see the truth. Talk about brainwashed..keep listening to the quacks and see how far it gets you

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
You want to deprive people of their right to live? What rights are they left with?

They're disposable apparently. It amazes how frum jews have no regard for the lives of others...

amother
OP

fleetwood wrote:
Nope. You stay home and take your classes on zoom! Those who choose to go in person need to be vaccinated...

Once the vaccine is fully approved I can maybe get on board with this way of thinking.
But it hasn't. Forcing people to take an experimental vaccine is not ok.

southernbubby

#BestBubby wrote:
It's not the vaccine that has been a disaster but the government using a flu that has a 98%
survival rate as an excuse to take away our FREEDOM and Destroy our Livelihoods that have
been a disaster!

College students are at LESS RISK of Covid then the seasonal flu so there is no excuse for
this tyranny.

And this vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL - it is NOT FDA approved.

And some believe it may make people STERILE so it should be ILLEGAL to force YOUNG PEOPLE
to take this vaccine!

My daughter is a doula and it appears that there is a very high miscarriage rate among women who previously had covid, or their husbands had covid prior to the pregnancy. She doesn't have proof or statistics so it's merely anecdotal as is much of what we know about Covid.
I agree that most young people of college age are not harmed by Covid but they have plenty of contact with people who could be harmed unless they are protected themselves by vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:48 pm
keym wrote:
Because you keep saying HIPAA and government doesn't have a right to discriminate medically.
So I'm curious if it's just the vaccine you have an objection to or all COVID related health prevention techniques.

If it's just the vaccine (because it's not yet FDA approved) then you have no problem with schools, stores, etc enforcing nasal swabs to make sure everyone is Covid free.

I was very clear from the beginning.
I have an issue with a non-approved vaccine being required.
I did mention HIPAA but really it's a separate issue. So let's just ignore that for now.
It's not even relevant since the vaccine is not approved!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One is not allowed to discriminate against an individual based on a medical issue/condition.
Colleges can set guidelines for admission based on grades. They cannot set guidelines based on medical conditions. Saying anyone in a wheelchair is not eligible for admission is illegal.
Saying someone with a 3.4 GPA is not eligible for admission is legal.

Are you referring to a section of the ADA?
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics