Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Buying a new electric stove -- recs for easy kashering?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:05 pm
What kind of electric stove range to you recommend for easy kashering (going between meat and milk, and pesach)? are there any options besides a flat glass top?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:05 pm
Happy with my GE. Call the store and ask your questions.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Happy with my GE. Call the store and ask your questions.

hmm, you might have misunderstood my question. not asking about the different brands. I'm asking about the different styles (flat glasstop vs. whatever else) in terms of kasherability issues.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:30 pm
Some say that glass top can't be kashered at all. The coil burners self-kasher after heating up, but the ceramic surface some say is always treif.

TBH I'd strongly consider keeping the whole stovetop fleishig and getting a single or double plug-in induction burner for milchig.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 2:37 pm
Smooth glass top is almost impossible to kasher (doesn't make a difference whether ceramic or induction). According to most poskim, you can kasher the rings themselves, just not the rest of the glass itself.
Would recommend having separate stove tops for milk/meat-it's not worth the hassle even if you're told you can. I've been looking into this as I wanted to kasher mine for Pesach and was told I couldn't.
Easiest is a gas hob and you can just change the rack the pot rests on.

midiskirts

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:13 am
Following
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen