Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Green runny nose for over a week

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:04 pm
Dc has a cold for about 2 weeks already. First week was very mild. Got really bad last week Monday with cough and green runny nose. We went to the doctor last week and lungs are clear, but I feel this is taking forever to go away & missing cheider so long Can't Believe It

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:12 pm
Will he let you do a warm salt water rinse up in his nose? It's very healing, and will help wash all the gunk out.

Mucinex is an excellent medication to clear up mucus in the sinuses and lungs. I'm convinced that this is what kept me from going onto a respirator when I had Covid. I like it because it doesn't dry you out or make you sleepy, it just makes the mucus thinner and loosens it so it can leave the body more easily.

Ask the doctor to do a swab test, and check bacteria levels. He may need antibiotics, but only do that if the first two options fail.

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:12 pm
Green can mean an infection. Tell the Dr it's green and see what he says.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:13 pm
PS: To make things worse, EVERYTHING is blooming right now. Flower

I've been having post nasal drip, and sneezing my head off for weeks. Confused

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:36 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Will he let you do a warm salt water rinse up in his nose? It's very healing, and will help wash all the gunk out.

Mucinex is an excellent medication to clear up mucus in the sinuses and lungs. I'm convinced that this is what kept me from going onto a respirator when I had Covid. I like it because it doesn't dry you out or make you sleepy, it just makes the mucus thinner and loosens it so it can leave the body more easily.

Ask the doctor to do a swab test, and check bacteria levels. He may need antibiotics, but only do that if the first two options fail.

Is a saline neb good? We’ve tried that

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:39 pm
It sounds like your child has a sinus infection. If the cold has worsened and it’s already 2 weeks your child needs to be on an antibiotic. Go to the doctor this evening. It takes a few days for the antibiotic to clear it up.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Green can mean an infection. Tell the Dr it's green and see what he says.

Green is usually a sign of a BACTERIAL infection (which can be treated with antibiotics) as opposed to a VIRAL infection (which cannot).
I agree, call the dr

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Green is usually a sign of a BACTERIAL infection (which can be treated with antibiotics) as opposed to a VIRAL infection (which cannot).
I agree, call the dr

That’s not necessarily always the case.
In any case, I spoke to the nurse and she will let me know what the doctor says. We saw him last week and it was green then too- yet he wasn’t concerned...

hodeez

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 4:02 pm
My son has that and was strep positive

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 4:03 pm
hodeez wrote:
My son has that and was strep positive

As in strep throat?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics