Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
FDA Authorizes Pfizer vax for age 12-15
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:46 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I know a family who's 10 year old boy is already 5'8" tall, and well over 200 pounds. He is extremely unhealthy. They are constantly struggling over getting him to eat healthy and put down the iPad.

This family believes in vaccination, and I hope that it will be approved for their 10 year old soon. B'H, all his older siblings are vaccinated, but he still risks exposure at school.

The kid probably has a lot bigger problems than covid.

Even obese kids, which there is no shortage of in America are not dying from covid.

I maintain the position that it is selfish to possibly harm someone else to make yourself feel good.

elsily

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:47 am
I can’t wait to get my kids vaxxed. This is how we get back to normal!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:51 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Cite yours. You are wiki, I am sure a search can bring you to the source. The source should be from Pfizers data originally.

If I had a child in this age group I would look into it very well, but I don't, but I am sure some mothers here will find the time to find you the source.

So did you make up those numbers if you don’t have a source?

If you bring numbers like “ 9/200 death rate from the vaccine” you have to back it up with a source. Not say I don’t want to look for it.

If you search it yours is the only text that comes up.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 6:52 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Great example. We take safety precautions in a car. Same as the vaccine being a safety precaution, perfect example. There is zero evidence of sterility or cancer from the shot. This is the same garbage peddled 20 years ago when a bunch of us were taking fertility drugs.

Well, yeah. It hasn't been used long enough to see these results, if G-d forbid they were to be side effects.... which I hope will not be the case.... and maybe it won't.... but the point is that nobody would possibly know at this point. This isn't supposed to be let's assume all pharmaceuticals are safe until proven dangerous. They are supposed to prove themselves to be safe first. That hasn't happened here.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 7:41 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
If according to you "it's wrong to expect people to gamble with their health", then why is it right to gamble with our children's health and mandate them to get an experimental vaccine for a disease that barely effects them? Let the elderly and immunocomprimosed and people who are concerned take the precautions they feel is necessary for them. Don't force an experimental vaccine on our children! Why is it our children's obligation to save others...let people save themselves...they can get the vaccine and take the precautions that they feel is necessary for themselves.

Of course so nobody should object to Zoom school. The teachers are human too. Kids who want team sports want the vaccine so non vaccinated kids can't play if vaccine immunity depends on a large percentage being vaccinated.
Everyone has to make a choice so why is one choice more moral than the other?
Also I am not pushing my grandchildren to take the vaccine. Many of them had the actual virus. The seminaries in EY, however, may refuse to accept non vaccinated students, even if they paid so alternatives to seminary in Israel may have to be found.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:02 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Great example. We take safety precautions in a car. Same as the vaccine being a safety precaution, perfect example. There is zero evidence of sterility or cancer from the shot. This is the same garbage peddled 20 years ago when a bunch of us were taking fertility drugs.

With all the safety precautions, children are a gazillion times more likely to die in a
car accident then from Covid.

There is zero evidence that the vaccine does NOT cause sterility or cancer.

Every Vaccine Insert states that this vaccine was NOT studied for effects on cancer or fertility!

And this is an Experimental Vaccine using a new mRNA gene therapy.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:07 am
#BestBubby wrote:
With all the safety precautions, children are a gazillion times more likely to die in a

Every Vaccine Insert states that this vaccine was NOT studied for effects on cancer or fertility!

People are more concerned about kids bringing home the virus to vulnerable adults. Covid causes orphans.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:21 am
elsily wrote:
I can’t wait to get my kids vaxxed. This is how we get back to normal!

If by "normal" you mean freedom, we are never getting back to normal/freedom.

Once people give up power to government, very hard to get it back.

They are still telling people who vaccinated to wear masks.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:33 am
#BestBubby wrote:

That's Bec people like you refuse to vaccinate or mask up. This is why I mask up when I go to shul for yizkor,Bec of people like you. Actually, before I was vaccinated ,I missed Yizkor Bec of people like you.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:35 am
#BestBubby wrote:

The virus started skyrocketing in the US after Halloween and continued as Americans freely traveled for Thanksgiving and X-mas. Some state and local governments tried to squelch family get togethers but those celebrations and other travel still happened as infection and death rates soared. NY and other states tried to quarantine returning travelers and other visitors but there wasn't much enforcement and possibly not much compliance.
Most red zone stores here in Monsey were doing business and most of us shopped in them. The kids in red zones were not staying home and nobody came after them. Some schools and businesses got fined but I am not sure how many people really had to pay the fines.
I would basically say that the government power grab was unsuccessful and prevented nothing. The virus still spread and people still did what they wanted.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:51 am
southernbubby wrote:
People are more concerned about kids bringing home the virus to vulnerable adults. Covid causes orphans.

Those adults should be vaccinated.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:53 am
This thread reminded me of a poster who said that she won't let her kids marry someone who got the HPV vaccine. I thought that was crazy (eventhough I don't plan to give the vaccine).

This will be the new question, did you covid vax your kids.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:16 am
Look guys, I added a bolded warning to my post which you did not like.

I would love a thread where you all explain to me and others like me WHY its normal to wear masks and be paranoid after we already are VAXXED. The thing works or it does not, there is no in between.

egam

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:25 am
GLUE wrote:
What I find amazing is that in NY in April all deaths were Coivd deaths, I have heard first hand from people who's mother did not die from Coivd but it said on their death papers that they did. It did not matter if some one came in with a gun shot or car accident it was Coivd.

Nobody died from the vaccine it does not matter if they died right after they got the vaccine, there are so much other reasons why people die nothing to do with the vaccine.

Can we please stop with this rubbish? How about this for your first hand account?

My dad passed away from complications of Covid, yet there’s no word of it on the death certificate.

imasinger

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:28 am
small bean wrote:
This thread reminded me of a poster who said that she won't let her kids marry someone who got the HPV vaccine. I thought that was crazy (eventhough I don't plan to give the vaccine).

This will be the new question, did you covid vax your kids.

Interesting! I'm starting a spinoff.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:29 am
GLUE wrote:
What I find amazing is that in NY in April all deaths were Coivd deaths, I have heard first hand from people who's mother did not die from Coivd but it said on their death papers that they did. It did not matter if some one came in with a gun shot or car accident it was Coivd.

Nobody died from the vaccine it does not matter if they died right after they got the vaccine, there are so much other reasons why people die nothing to do with the vaccine.

Since COVID, I had 2 family members die not from COVID and their deaths weren't listed as such.

One was my 38 yr old stepbrother who had a heart attack.
One was my 65 year old aunt who died in an accident.

Concerns about willful mistakes on death certificates are worrisome, but, if that occurred, it certainly was not the rule.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:38 am
#BestBubby wrote:

An mRNA vaccine is not "gene therapy." It is not designed to alter or change your genes in any way.

There's no evidence whatsoever that refusing to eat milk and meat together doesn't affect fertility. Look at the number of women on this group alone who suffer primary or secondary infertility. I don't see similar numbers among secular friends. So perhaps we shouldn't force our kids to keep kosher. If they make that decision later, so be it.

That's just as silly as your claims about mRNA vaccines.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:28 am
small bean wrote:
Those adults should be vaccinated.

Of course they should so why don't they?
At present, we don't know how long vaccine immunity lasts for each age and mutation but children ages 12 to 15 show a more robust immune response than older adults do. Young adults also have a better response than older adults.
I was listening to the radio while driving this morning and it appears that people view the vaccine as opening doors for their kids. They don't want their kids to catch coronavirus at camp or while traveling. Maybe there isn't anyone barring their kids from doing anything but they just don't want their kids to come down with something at an inopportune time but I don't blame camps and tour groups that don't want outbreaks.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:32 am
southernbubby wrote:
At present, we don't know how long vaccine immunity lasts for each age and mutation but children ages 12 to 15 show a more robust immune response than older adults do. Young adults also have a better response than older adults.
I was listening to the radio while driving this morning and it appears that people view the vaccine as opening doors for their kids. They don't want their kids to catch coronavirus at camp or while traveling. Maybe there isn't anyone barring their kids from doing anything but they just don't want their kids to come down with something at an inopportune time but I don't blame camps and tour groups that don't want outbreaks.

Funny and I listened and all I heard was resistance. No one wanted to vaccinate their kids. That was NJ1015.

The point is if you're vaccinated, you shouldn't care if the kids are or not. If you're not vaccinated you can't complain about it.

And lastly, this has nothing to do with long term immunity or mutations as vaccinating the kids will not save the adults if their immunity wanes.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:34 am
southernbubby wrote:

I am an engineer and in my fb group of other engineering moms all over (ie. we're in science, albeit not necessarily medicine--although some of us are), there is quite vocal support and interest in getting our kids vaccinated, to responsibly get more "normal" back into our lives, to do more with less risk, etc.

Also, being OOT, please realize that there are still places/communities where people are still practicing safe protocols--I know in NYC etc things largely went out the window a long time ago, but there are a lot of us still living with some measure of precautions. It would be nice to reduce how much of that we have to live with and manage.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics