Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BYBP Daycare lost slots, what are you doing next year?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:04 pm
I’m feeling so stuck, I was relying on them for my almost 2 yr old ds for next year and now the DOE decided other areas were affected more from COVID and needed the daycare slots more. (Like that’s seriously true, just antisemitism)
Any recommendations for a good professional place for ds?
Where will you be sending your 2 year old next year?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:07 pm
What does lost slots mean? Is it a founding thing?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:09 pm
The DOE took away their daycare slots

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:09 pm
Yes it’s government funded daycare based on income if both parents are working. They have 14 classes this year with 12 students per class but only got approved for three classes next year. Not sure who in the area has boys classes but maybe try munkatch have heard good things about it.

Einikel

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:11 pm
I saw an ad for moshulo head start. It says it’s free and for boys & girls.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m feeling so stuck, I was relying on them for my almost 2 yr old ds for next year and now the DOE decided other areas were affected more from COVID and needed the daycare slots more. (Like that’s seriously true, just antisemitism)
Any recommendations for a good professional place for ds?
Where will you be sending your 2 year old next year?

That is funny because the school is in a red zone and was forced into a second lockdown which means that they were more affected than other neighborhoods who werent in a red zone on a second lockdown. This is further discrimination and I hope that you and other parents (or even the school) sues for discrimination and forces the DOE to show evidence that other neighborhoods were more affected when they werent in a red zone second lockdown.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:16 pm
you can try yeled vyalda but they may be full already

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
That is funny because the school is in a red zone and was forced into a second lockdown which means that they were more affected than other neighborhoods who werent in a red zone on a second lockdown. This is further discrimination and I hope that you and other parents (or even the school) sues for discrimination and forces the DOE to show evidence that other neighborhoods were more affected when they werent in a red zone second lockdown.

They claim they’re fighting for it, but I’m not waiting around, my kid needs somewhere to go

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:21 pm
How do you get to be part of thes programs?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
How do you get to be part of thes programs?

No program to be part of in Bais yakkov you just apply and if you fit the income requirements your accepted

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Yes it’s government funded daycare based on income if both parents are working. They have 14 classes this year with 12 students per class but only got approved for three classes next year. Not sure who in the area has boys classes but maybe try munkatch have heard good things about it.

Do you have any more info on Munkatch?

YounginBP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:32 pm
As far as I know you have to have vouchers for Munkach.
I also applied to BYBP and got the same letter. I'm paying cash for a private playgroup.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:39 pm
YounginBP wrote:
As far as I know you have to have vouchers for Munkach.
I also applied to BYBP and got the same letter. I'm paying cash for a private playgroup.

Name & location? I would love to find something good it's just very hard to find a clean professional place in someone's house that has small classes and good teachers like BYBP

YounginBP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:08 am
Which neighborhood?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:18 am
YounginBP wrote:
Which neighborhood?

13 & 50, I'm ok with walking a little bit
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries