Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Woodmere vs North Woodmere

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:07 am
How are these 2 neighborhoods alike and different? I know there is a lot of overlap.

My husband always wears white shits and my boys will be in Darchai. Which area will we find more like minded families.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:32 am
White shirts during the week? Thats rare in either area. North woodmere has become very popular over the last few years and houses are not easy to find. Most are high ranch style. The crowd is pretty flatbushy but like all areas there are exceptions.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:32 am
North woodmere def. woodmere some parts but not all.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:34 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
White shirts during the week? Thats rare in either area. North woodmere has become very popular over the last few years and houses are not easy to find. Most are high ranch style. The crowd is pretty flatbushy but like all areas there are exceptions.

There are white shirts in north woodmere. And plenty of not flatbushy types despite that being the reputation for some reason.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

Yes, white shirts during the week. I know there are definitely pockets of Woodmere but the families that I know are all Siach families that appreciate chassidus. DH is not that crowd. Which area of the two would be less materialistic. I know these are by no means the simpler areas of the five towns but for certain reasons we will end up in either one.

eagle

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:52 am
In North Woodmere there are two school districts. One with very high taxes and the other with significantly less. At the moment the district with less taxes is more popular and there are more orthodox jews living there. Woodmere in its entirety has very high taxes. Not sure if that factors in to your decision.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:36 am
My sister lives in north woodmere and her family is just as you are describing - her husband works and wears white shirts, she sends her boys to Darchei, and is not “flatbushy” at all. She is super happy there.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:39 am
Check out khal lev Avos in north woodmere. That is the vibe there. Some men in chinuch, working colored and white...overall growing, serious crowd. Rav and Rebbetzin Weinberg (not To be confused with Weinberger of aish kodesh) are amazing.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:44 am
I think you should look into the edge of Woodmere at the border of Hewlett

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Check out khal lev Avos in north woodmere. That is the vibe there. Some men in chinuch, working colored and white...overall growing, serious crowd. Rav and Rebbetzin Weinberg (not To be confused with Weinberger of aish kodesh) are amazing.

I second this. It’s a really nice growing minded crowd. Mix of “types” but overall serious minded not flatbushy.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, white shirts during the week. I know there are definitely pockets of Woodmere but the families that I know are all Siach families that appreciate chassidus. DH is not that crowd. Which area of the two would be less materialistic. I know these are by no means the simpler areas of the five towns but for certain reasons we will end up in either one.

This is accurate. The drummer areas of woodmere are great families, but more siach crowd.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:54 am
We are similar to you, we no longer live in the five towns but I think north woodmere makes more sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating