Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
(Trigger warning) Need to vent re v@ccine requirement
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:01 pm
I just need to vent.

I'm a meditation teacher, and the meditation centers have been closed since the start of Covid. It's been difficult, not being able to go on retreat for over a year.

The retreat center next to me sent out an email today, announcing they will re-open shortly. All teachers and yogis are required to show proof of 2 jabs in order to enter the premises.

I am not jabbing. I understand it's my prerogative. They are not required to allow me to attend retreat. They get to set their rules. I get it...but it doesn't lessen the frustration I feel about the situation.

Does anyone feel me?

Only supportive comments please. It's been a hell of a year and I'm frayed. Thanks!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:04 pm
I am with you, OP.

I think it is wrong to force people to take a vaccine.

And I don't understand it.

If the vaccine works, what are they afraid of????

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:05 pm
I feel you 100%. You're not alone. Hug

smss

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:16 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I am with you, OP.

When it comes to pharmaceuticals (and a lot of other things, come to think of it), "works" and "doesn't work" is a very simplistic way to look at it. No medication or vaccine "works" 100% of the time. The covid vaccines are *very* effective, but none of them are 100% effective. BUT the more people get vaccinated, the lower the overall chances of spread.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just need to vent.

I'm a meditation teacher, and the meditation centers have been closed since the start of Covid. It's been difficult, not being able to go on retreat for over a year.

The retreat center next to me sent out an email today, announcing they will re-open shortly. All teachers and yogis are required to show proof of 2 jabs in order to enter the premises.

I am not jabbing. I understand it's my prerogative. They are not required to allow me to attend retreat. They get to set their rules. I get it...but it doesn't lessen the frustration I feel about the situation.

Does anyone feel me?

Only supportive comments please. It's been a hell of a year and I'm frayed. Thanks!

I totally do. I'm in a similar situation but in a different form. My child's school has sent home a letter informing us that all kids' clothing must have a collar attached to the clothing. It cannot be a dickey, it must come attached to the clothing. I totally don't agree, and I understand it's my prerogative. But they're not going to allow my daughter into class if she doesn't comply. They get to set their rules, I get that. But this frustrates me deeply as it puts me into a very tough situation.

People in power get drunk with their control and use it to get their way. Frustration is a too mild of a word to use in these situations.

sky

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:20 pm
I’m shocked that a health retreat requires the shot.

Seems contradictory.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:22 pm
sky wrote:

Seems contradictory.

That's precisely what got to me!
That, and the fact that it's a Meditation Retreat of all places! Twisted Evil

fmt4

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:26 pm
sky wrote:

Seems contradictory.

Double post

Last edited by fmt4 on Wed, May 12 2021, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

fmt4

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:27 pm
sky wrote:

Seems contradictory.

Why???

It would be more contradictory for a health retreat to be a place where Covid could be spread, no?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just need to vent.

Does anyone feel me?

Im sorry OP...it's frustrating. But not unexpected.
Private businesses can put whatever requirements they like, and you'll likely just see more and more of this

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:28 pm
Can I ask some off topic questions? Is it a frum place? I'm assuming not, how does a frum person navigate it? I'm assuming a lot of retreats are on weekends, how do you deal with shabbos? And what about parts that might be anti torah stuff? Or do you get to choose your days and what you do?
If you don't mind answering me this fascinates me, and I didn't realize frum people do these things.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:29 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I am with you, OP.

To be fair, they really are not forcing anyone to do anything.
It's like a lot of frum grocery stores having the signs up of "modest dress required". If you want to come in, this is their requirement.
You dont have to go in. You can go somewhere else

Simple1

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:31 pm
I feel for you. At this point we don't want the vaccine. I worry at some point if we'll be pressured to take it in order to participate in something we want.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:33 pm
smss wrote:
When it comes to pharmaceuticals (and a lot of other things, come to think of it), "works" and "doesn't work" is a very simplistic way to look at it. No medication or vaccine "works" 100% of the time. The covid vaccines are *very* effective, but none of them are 100% effective. BUT the more people get vaccinated, the lower the overall chances of spread.

Still, what are the odds that a person's vaccine didn't work AND that a random person
with no symptoms is going to infect her with Covid???

It is NOT LOGICAL that people are that risk-averse and yet have no problems
driving in cars which is MUCH MORE RISKY then a VACCINATED person catching Covid.

That is why this is all government manufactured propaganda - hysteria.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
It's like a lot of frum grocery stores having the signs up of "modest dress required". If you want to come in, this is their requirement.

Come on, you know they are going to start mandating the vaccine if you want to
do anything at all.

Look at OP, her doctor wont see her unless she takes this experimental vax - even
though the doctor is fully vaccinated!!!

Last edited by #BestBubby on Wed, May 12 2021, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple1

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

I never saw such a sign in a store.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:38 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I feel for you. At this point we don't want the vaccine. I worry at some point if we'll be pressured to take it in order to participate in something we want.

Isn't this precisely how our school system operates? Pressuring parents to comply with technology rules and tznius rules in order to allow children to participate in their schools?

It's the exact same tactic, just different purposes. One is done on the account of religion, the other is done on the account of medicine. If you agree that the schools can do it, then you have to agree that these institutions can do it too. Otherwise, it screams of hypocrisy.

happy chick

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:41 pm
And how can Cuomo say that he will not allow a private camp that wishes to reject any applicant who has been vaccinated? Only ppl who have NOT been vaccinated can be discriminated against, but not ppl who have been vaccinated? What's a double standard, if not this?!

OP, I'm so sorry. It must be so frustrating. But like someone else pointed out, it's going to become the norm for ppl to be discriminated against due to not being vaccinated.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:43 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I never saw such a sign in a store.

Ive seen them. In some monsey and boro park stores

Eta-its not only a frum thkng.
Ive seen secular stores have signs that say "shirt and shoes required" or the like

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:44 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Isn't this precisely how our school system operates? Pressuring parents to comply with technology rules and tznius rules in order to allow children to participate in their schools?

It's the exact same tactic, just different purposes. One is done on the account of religion, the other is done on the account of medicine. If you agree that the schools can do it, then you have to agree that these institutions can do it too. Otherwise, it screams of hypocrisy.

enough
I feel like every thread in tried today ended with a person calling out the hyoocracy of the so called coercion! I dont like the vax either and am doing the best not to take it but enlighten me please where the tznius and schools come in!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics