Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I'm worried and want to do something useful
1  2  Next

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:16 pm
We're all worried about the situation in Israel and our brothers and sisters there. I was thinking that instead of bashing others in the politics thread and lace front thread I'd love to do something useful to help them.
Anyone has any ideas? And if anyone wants to jump on the wagon with me please let me know as well

grace413

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:20 pm
If you want to give money this is a good organization:

https://yasharlachayal.org/

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:21 pm
grace413 wrote:
If you want to give money this is a good organization:

https://yasharlachayal.org/

Thank you I will!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:24 pm
Teshuva, Tefilla U' Tzedokah.

Say Tehillim.

Make a Kabbalah.

Give Tzedokah.

Kudos to you for wanting to help!

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 11:41 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Teshuva, Tefilla U' Tzedokah.

Say Tehillim.

Make a Kabbalah.

Give Tzedokah.

Kudos to you for wanting to help!

Thanx I did that as well ut now I feel like going there and literally joining them in the fight
Could be cause I have close friends and family there but I feel weird sitting here with the ac on and all other comforts while there they're fighting for their lives
Dont tell me to shut the ac if it makes me feel better. Even I am not that slow.

grace413

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:43 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Thanx I did that as well ut now I feel like going there and literally joining them in the fight
Could be cause I have close friends and family there but I feel weird sitting here with the ac on and all other comforts while there they're fighting for their lives
Dont tell me to shut the ac if it makes me feel better. Even I am not that slow.

We have ac on here too. No sense in being uncomfortable on top of being worried.

In many areas of Israel where things are quiet life goes on pretty much as normal except we are glued to the news more than usual. I'm just about to go out to the supermarket.

My son is a soldier and he is fighting but most of us here are civilians and just trying to support each other and of course a bit more davening than usual.

Are you in a position to think about making aliyah? Not right this minute, but it sounds like your heart is here.

Rappel

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:45 am
alwayssmiling wrote:

You're welcome to come. I answered that call 7 years ago. It was hard, but I've never regretted it.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:58 am
Yes my heart is most defenatly there. My parents are English but my father is an original Israeli. Maybe that explains it. My father installed in us a burning love for eretz yisrael and has always expressed his desire to see us all live there
Working on dh now. Hope yo get him on board by the end of the year.
Guess we say next year in Jerualam

grace413

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 1:30 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Yes my heart is most defenatly there. My parents are English but my father is an original Israeli. Maybe that explains it. My father installed in us a burning love for eretz yisrael and has always expressed his desire to see us all live there
Working on dh now. Hope yo get him on board by the end of the year.
Guess we say next year in Jerualam

Hatzlacha! Go for it!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:28 am
We will welcome you with open arms! Hug

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:31 am
grace413 wrote:
We have ac on here too. No sense in being uncomfortable on top of being worried.

In many areas of Israel where things are quiet life goes on pretty much as normal except we are glued to the news more than usual. I'm just about to go out to the supermarket.

My son is a soldier and he is fighting but most of us here are civilians and just trying to support each other and of course a bit more davening than usual.

Are you in a position to think about making aliyah? Not right this minute, but it sounds like your heart is here.

Aren't everyone's?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:03 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Aren't everyone's?

Yes, but it's not always the right choice for everyone.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:51 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Yes, but it's not always the right choice for everyone.

Absolutely. But libi b'mizrach should be a given.

grace413

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 1:52 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Aren't everyone's?

PF you have a big heart and are very DLKZ. Maybe everybody's heart should be here but I don't think that's true, even among shomrei mitzvot. I don't want to bad mouth people so I'll just stop here. TMI

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 6:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Absolutely. But libi b'mizrach should be a given.

Libi is definitely b'mizrach, but the rest of me doesn't think it's the right idea for now. It was my dream as a teenager, though.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 6:17 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Libi is definitely b'mizrach, but the rest of me doesn't think it's the right idea for now. It was my dream as a teenager, though.

At a time like this it's not possible for anyone who's jewish and identified as one not to have their heart in the east

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:13 pm

Just saw this on someone's status.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:16 pm
I can't see the picture. What is it?

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:19 pm
Quick question
What does registering the kids for the sefer torah mean?

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 10:21 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I can't see the picture. What is it?

An article by the lebavitcher rebbe telling the chassidim that by donating a sefer torah it will stop terrorism. Seems like it did
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics