Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Temporary Rental in Israel for summer?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:01 pm
What is the most economical, reliable way to find a nice rental?

Elfrida

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:16 pm
Do you want town, yishuv, a zimmer in the country, or what? And what is your approximate budget? How many people do you need to accomodate?

I'd wait for the security situation to calm down a bit before you do anything. If not, make sure the apartment had a mamad, and you really are prepared to spend potentially large amounts of time in there.

If you are not in Israel, there are very few flights getting in at the moment. (Security, not Corona this time.)

DrMom

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:19 pm
For how long? The entire summer? A month? 2 weeks?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:00 pm
A few weeks. Possibly near Ramat Beit Shemesh. Open to other ideas. Somewhere safe.
What might my options be?
Is it possible to find a place that will accomodate 5 that doesn't feel to tight on space?

DrMom

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:13 pm
If it's only for a few weeks, I'd try Airbnb or HomeAway or VRBO or something similar.

Of course you can find places that house 5 people. Many, many Israeli families contact more than 5 people, so of course there are apartments for families of that size.

Why do you want to be near Beit Shemesh? What do you plan on doing in Israel? Sightseeing? Family? Work?

Will you rent a car?

Are you coming with kids?

ocean blue

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:34 pm
I have relatives living on the outskirt of bnei brak (close to ramat gan) who might be interested in renting their 3 bedroom apartment (7 beds) for 2 or 3 weeks. Pm me if you are interested.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:34 pm
Sightseeing.
Yes with kids.
Interested to stay Beit Shemesh because want to consider that community for future move.

Would also be interested to stay in a place like Tzfas possibly if it will be more spacious, scenic.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:37 pm
Price range flexible. Need it to be economical as possible but we are realistic so really depends.

Elfrida

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:54 pm
Beit Shemesh is a nice place to live, but has limited local sightseeing. Jerusalem is in easy reach by car or bus, which gives you a lot more options as long as you don't mind the journey.

How much space do you need not to feel cramped? You can fit five people (I'm assuming three children and two adults) into two bedrooms with a kitchen/living room, and that would be your cheapest option. If you want more space it will become more e expensive.

If you live in a nice area you may be able to arrange an apartment swap with someone who lives in Beit Shemesh and that could be close to free. Try to look at local emails groups or Facebook pages to see if anyone would be interested. Otherwise try looking at Airbnb.

Elfrida

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:57 pm
Hopefully the security situation will improve soon. But you should be aware that Beit Shemesh has had its share of sirens and alarms, though nothing has actually fallen there. Be prepared for that as a possibility.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:47 pm
If your objective is to scout out possible places to live (Beit Shemesh, Tzfat), then I highly suggest renting 2 apartments for 1.5 weeks each, one apt in each city. You'll want to get a feel for each place, experience living there, meet people, ask questions, etc.

I suggest even identifying specific neighborhoods of interest and renting in those neighborhoods, if possible.

Find community contacts via Nefesh B'Nefesh and reach out so you can narrow down your choices and make contacts ahead of time.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:34 pm
Thank you.
Does anyone know of anyone who specifically helps people find short term rentals in Ramat Beit Shemesh? Most agencies deal with yerushalayim. I think that’s really best option.

Reality

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.
Does anyone know of anyone who specifically helps people find short term rentals in Ramat Beit Shemesh? Most agencies deal with yerushalayim. I think that’s really best option.

Devorah Benaroch in a real estate agent in RBS.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:46 pm
Phone number please?
Also do real estate agents usually deal with short term rentals? Looking for someone known to deal with these

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:57 am
You can pm me. I live in yerushalayim and I know a few agents/ apartments for rent in the summer

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:11 am
Facebook is a great resource for short term furnished rentals.
There are people who go away for the summer and want to rent their apartments out.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:48 am
I don't know of any agent that deals with short term rentals. It's not worth their effort.
I would check out airbnb.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:11 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You can pm me. I live in yerushalayim and I know a few agents/ apartments for rent in the summer
She cant PM you. You are amother/anonymous.

browser

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:20 am
Please pm me
I know someone trying to rent out their place in Bet Shemesh for the summer.
Reasonable
Beautiful garden apartment

kay123

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:42 am
looking for a place in yerusholayim preferably near geulah any leads?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions