Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid vaccine and pregnancy
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:04 am
Hi. I'm scheduled to get covid vaccine soon. I'm so nervous. I'm also trying to get pregnant. Anyone here got the vaccine and then got pregnant? I asked my rav who told me to get it but I'm still so nervous.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:09 am
Are you nervous about getting Covid-19 and getting pregnant? If not - don't get vaccine.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 11:10 am
I read online that in Israel a fertility center did a study on effects of the vaccine on fertility and found no negative impacts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.....3/amp

I just got my first dose and I am pregnant.... I am nervous too. Iyh I am making the right decision.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 9:55 pm
Please anyone else?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 10:33 pm
I just got first dose and will be TTC soon. Also really nervous but trying to remember that I’m doing the right thing and I know so many pregnant women who already got it and some already gave birth. all are fine. No zombie babies 🤪

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 5:53 am
Maybe no zombie babies but they really don't know how the vaccine effects babies.
Maybe push off getting pregnant a few months after getting the vaccine.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 6:20 am
Read actual research at nojabforme.info

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:38 am
Check if you have antibodies prior to taking the vaccine. If you do, then don't rush. I personally know a few people that have antibodies and they never knew they had covid.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:49 am
There have been an uptick of miscarriages and stillbirths lately. The government is not going around advertising it. And because a couple of ladies claim they had no problem it doesn't mean the chances of problems does not go up. Do your research and what feels right to you because there is no right and wrong at this point.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:55 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
There have been an uptick of miscarriages and stillbirths lately. The government is not going around advertising it. And because a couple of ladies claim they had no problem it doesn't mean the chances of problems does not go up. Do your research and what feels right to you because there is no right and wrong at this point.

Yes to do your own research and make your own decisions- however, research has been done on the covid vaccine and pregnancy as well. And the results showed the same birth outcomes as before the pandemic.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/.....04983

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:04 pm
I got my 2nd dose in March and conceived the next month.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:44 pm
Got my first dose, then got pregnant, then had my second dose. This was in february.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:56 pm

At the same time, getting covid while pregnant has seen an uptick in emergency csections with previously healthy women getting really sick and put in ICU...
Each person should ask their rav and decide based on that...

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:59 pm
I got the first vaccine in January, second vaccine in February. Got pregnant about 6 weeks later BH.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 2:05 pm

source??

and if its true -is it in women that had the vaccine even?

My ob- large busy practice, says they have not seen a single issue in a pregnancy in a women that took the vaccine. OTOH, they saw huge uptick in late pregnancy losses when covid was going around

Everyone can make their own decision. I would weigh the info heard directly from a practicing ob higher than info from some annon internet lady.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 3:49 pm
My OB, Cornell Dr, is not recommending it for his patients.
It has not been tested on pregnant women. Any data they have is from women who took it that happened to have been pregnant but the effects on pregnancy, fetus and baby were never properly tested.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:21 pm
I got my second vaccine in March. My OB said to take the vaccine and wait one month after before ttc. Which is what I did and got pregnant that cycle after bh. It usually takes me awhile and I took it as a positive sign that after following the advice of my Rav I got pregnant faster than ever. OP we have to do our hishtadlus and trust in Hashem...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 6:09 pm
Many women are reporting changes in their cycles, which may effect you if you are ttc. They can say the vaccine doesn't effect fertility, but if you aren't getting your period for a few months, or you bleed heavy and much longer than usual for a few months, that obviously effects your chances of getting pregnant during that time.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 6:27 pm
I got both Pfizer shots while pregnant and no side effects. Baby seems fine also, all the tests came out perfect.im due end of August

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:05 pm
I was thinking about it while TTC but the vaccine wasn’t available for my age group where I lived. In the end I got covid without symptoms and conceived they cycle
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics