Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Self-employed,, Team, or Agent?

Do you work on your own, with a team, or through an agent?
Completely on my own  
 50%  [ 5 ]
I’m part of a group  
 50%  [ 5 ]
I have an agent  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:24 pm
If you work in a creative field like writing, art, or similar, do you work as a lone wolf, as a part of a team/company, or do you have an agent? What do you recommend based on your experience?

womanwithaplan

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:28 pm
Lone wolf. Never considered an agent or team.

As long as you're able to find business yourself I dont know why the alternative would be worth it. You make all the money and are your own boss, period.

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:31 pm
womanwithaplan wrote:
Lone wolf. Never considered an agent or team.

As long as you're able to find business yourself I dont know why the alternative would be worth it. You make all the money and are your own boss, period.

While I’m great at the creative end, I struggle with the business aspects. I wonder if joining a team or agency would be worth it. An agency seems more appealing as if get more attribution for my work (as opposed to a large company), but I also see it as a “pay cut”. However, if it gets me more clients, it should be worth it... or not?

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 8:38 pm
Mainly on my own, but sometimes I collaborate with other people and I do a lot of business through Fiverr.

tigerwife

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:49 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Mainly on my own, but sometimes I collaborate with other people and I do a lot of business through Fiverr.

That’s really interesting! I never considered Fiverr. Do you find you need to charge very little because it is competitive?

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:47 am
tigerwife wrote:
That’s really interesting! I never considered Fiverr. Do you find you need to charge very little because it is competitive?

Not at all! I started with lower prices, which I advertised as “introductory,” until I gained more exposure on the site via high ratings and positive reviews. I established a unique niche and the word of mouth has been very helpful. Many of my clients have come back again and again. I slowly raised my prices as orders increased. People know that they get what they pay for. If they want inexpensive, they can go to any number of less pricy sellers. If they want quality, they’re typically willing to pay for it.

Fiverr takes 20% of all earnings (including tips), but to me it’s more than worth it for the steady stream of clients and never having to chase anyone down for payment. I’ve been very happy on the site.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics