Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Help wanted!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:03 am
Someone sent us a heavenly cheesecake, which we decided to taste and now I can't get the cheesecake to be straight! I keep straightening it by cutting little slivers, but somehow I keep having to straighten it Can't Believe It .
Help! I probably gained 5 pounds already, and shavuous is still 3 days away!!!

enneamom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:09 am
You have to make sure it's perfectly straight. Pursue the mission until the end. Straight cheesecake or nothing!

Enneamom Ltd. takes no responsibility for any medical bills or ruined diets resulting from the above advice

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:11 am
I agree.
This is SERIOUS!!
Symmetry is KEY to hiding any apparent defects.

Most importantly, did you get the recipe??

Rutabaga

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:17 am
This is serious business. If it's a sheet cake type of cheesecake then you need a ruler. If it's a round cheesecake then you're going to need a protractor to set it to rights.

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:27 am
Rutabaga wrote:
This is serious business. If it's a sheet cake type of cheesecake then you need a ruler. If it's a round cheesecake then you're going to need a protractor to set it to rights.
Rolling Laughter

enneamom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 12:30 am
Rutabaga wrote:

Absolutely. Didn't your mother teach you any manners? Shirt tucked, hair neat, cheesecake straight. The basics!

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:13 am
Ever since the Bais Hamikdash was destroyed, there is no perfection in this world. I think you are going to have to give up. You will not be able to cut it straight.

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:29 am
What kind of knife are you using? If it's the wrong one I say it would even be a shame to put it out on your yuntif table for people to see the knife marks and wonder what kind of balabuste uses such a knife.
Your just gonna need to bake a new one buddy! Better then having your balabuste skills challenged.
If your baking a new one you might as well just finish the old one to prevent bal tashchis
post script I've become a pro at justifying my binging in the name of torah and self esteem

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:37 am
I am happy to come over and help you out ☺️

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 1:38 am
Get the knife wet first, then cut a slice, not a sliver. That was your mistake.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 2:04 am
LOL
You guys are the best!
I ended up doing the unthinkable and became fleishig ... The cheesecake will have to make peace with the situation in the basement freezer where I hid it Hiding

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 3:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
LOL
You guys are the best!
I ended up doing the unthinkable and became fleishig ... The cheesecake will have to make peace with the situation in the basement freezer where I hid it Hiding

Now why didn't all of us brilliant people think of that? Your smart op!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics