Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Time sensitive- Meat getting burned but inside temp is low?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 4:08 pm
I followed the recipe and put the meat on high broil on each side and the inside temperature is 110 and it should be at least 130 according to the recipe. I put it on broil a few more minutes but outside is burning. What should I do? Can I bake it?

Cheiny

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I followed the recipe and put the meat on high broil on each side and the inside temperature is 110 and it should be at least 130 according to the recipe. I put it on broil a few more minutes but outside is burning. What should I do? Can I bake it?

Cover it and bake for the inside to get done. Then at the end you can uncover,to make it more brown if it needs it.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Place the meat in a pan so it fits snugly (so it won't dry out). Seal tightly. Turn the oven down to 500. Finish it in the oven about 10-15 minutes (keep the thermometer in so you know how long it needs).

*Not every broiler is meant to broil unfortunately.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 14 2021, 7:33 pm
Thanks. I baked in the oven until the inside was a good temperature.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 3:19 pm
The trick I learned is to sear all sides very well in a pan, and then transfer it to a roast pan. Put it in a LOW oven to finish. It takes a little longer, but the results are more consistent.

How thick is the meat, what type of cut, and how well done do you want it? I can try and give you cooking times and temps.

You need two thermometers. One that sits in the oven and tells you the REAL temperature inside. Just because the dial says one thing, that doesn't always mean that's the actual temp.

The second thermometer is for reading the meat inside. A digital one works best. The old fashioned gauge thermometers are not as accurate.

Always test the meat from the side, not the top. You'll get a more accurate reading, and you won't lose as much juice when you break the sear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics