Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher chalav yisrael Keurig hot cocoa pods

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 7:12 am
Can someone tell me the name of kosher chalav yisrael keurig compatible hot cocoa or hot chocolate pods? Need to buy for work and most ppl only eat chalav yisrael. I searched on amazon and found only one brand which was very expensive. OUD doesn’t work. If you know which one to get in a kosher grocery store (if not available online) that’s good too. Thanks so much!!!!!

cnc

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 7:13 am
Kahan’s

But I think they’re pareve

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 7:16 am
Pareve is good. Ppl can add milk. That’s the one I found on amazon but it’s nearly $1 per pod. Is it cheaper in the grocery store?

cnc

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Pareve is good. Ppl can add milk. That’s the one I found on amazon but it’s nearly $1 per pod. Is it cheaper in the grocery store?

A bit cheaper . About $8 a box

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 9:33 am
cnc wrote:
Kahan’s

But I think they’re pareve

This. But be aware that it will clog your Keurig eventually if you don't run a plain water cycle after each time you use a hot cocoa pod.
Speak to Keurig to get a better idea. Basically the coffee grounds stay behind in a coffee pod, but hot cocoa pods are powder that run down into the cup through the machine.
I suggest a can of powered hot cocoa for people to use without the Keurig.

cnc

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 9:36 am
ra_mom wrote:
This. But be aware that it will clog your Keurig eventually if you don't run a plain water cycle after each time you use a hot cocoa pod.
Speak to Keurig to get a better idea. Basically the coffee grounds stay behind in a coffee pod, but hot cocoa pods are powder that run down into the cup through the machine.
I suggest a can of powered hot cocoa for people to use without the Keurig.

Yes-this.
Sometimes we need to clean the machine with toothpicks etc because it's clogged

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 12:08 pm
How do you run a plain water cycle? Pretend to make a cup of coffee but no coffee pod is really in there?

Redbird

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 12:36 pm
Why don't you just put hot cocoa mix into your cup and run the hot water into it?

I don't get the point of a hot cocoa pod. It's literally just hot cocoa mix in a pod instead of a cup.

Hot cocoa doesn't have to be brewed like coffee grounds do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:20 pm
Because this is for my office and I’m just having a keurig machine there and pods; I can’t also have hot cocoa mix. Of course I’d have hot cocoa mix for my own family.

Redbird

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 1:59 pm
You can run plain hot water from the Keurig, and use kosher hot cocoa packets.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 2:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you run a plain water cycle? Pretend to make a cup of coffee but no coffee pod is really in there?

Correct.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen