Home

Bleacher collapse
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Royalblue
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
So basically, because this tragedy happened in a specific community, we can just 'other' them and pat ourselves on our backs that this only happened because they did x,y,z and would never ch'v happen to any of us?

(As an aside, although I don't have any affiliation with this chassidus, or any chassidus for that matter, I believe they have a reputation for taking safety pretty seriously in general.)


Chas ve-chalila! Because this happened to our fellow Jews, and because we care, we want to raise awareness so that we don't have to face senseless tragedies again.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
So basically, because this tragedy happened in a specific community, we can just 'other' them and pat ourselves on our backs that this only happened because they did x,y,z and would never ch'v happen to any of us?

(As an aside, although I don't have any affiliation with this chassidus, or any chassidus for that matter, I believe they have a reputation for taking safety pretty seriously in general.)

Nobody is "othering" anybody.

And I also heard that Karliner-Stolin Hassidim have a reputation for being very law-abiding and by-the-book.

I'm sure as more facts come to light, we will better understand how this happened, and how to make sure it does not happen ever again.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 3:26 pm
About covid, it is well known that no one is allowed into a Karlin shul above the age of 16 without an ishur machlim or ishur chisun, which means you need to have immunity to come to any event. Every person before coming has to present their ishur.
So now you can stop talking about covid,
About everything else....well, They all definitely care about laws and safety based on their record, so I am not going to judge them with the rest of the media.
Anyone showing these letters and proof that there were no ishurim are covering their backs, so I am going to hold my judgement...till...well forever!
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 6:46 pm
Names to pray for:

יעקב בן גיטל
צבי עקיבא בן ריזא גיטל
משולם בן חנה
יום טוב שמחה בן חיה יהודית
אליהו בן מרים
שמואל מאיר בן זעלדא.
יהושע בן דבורה.
שלמה בן אלטע חנה.
יעקב מאיר יוסף בן לאה דינה.

לרפואה שלמה בקרוב
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 6:50 pm
BD”E

הבחור מאיר גלויברמן ז״ל בן ה-13 מביתר
האברך הצעיר הרב מרדכי בנימין רובינשטיין ז"ל מחסידי קרלין סטולין בביתר בן 23.
Back to top

banana split




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 11:16 pm
Cmon guys. We need moshiach. Bashing people for breaking rules and using the building has nothing to do with anything. HaShem wanted this. We need ahavat chinam right now
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 18 2021, 11:21 pm
So tragic. Even if someone was negligent, I would assume the victims had no clue. Same as Meron. I've gone to Meron, I never had a single clue about crowd crush. You assume that if it's organized and run by trustworthy people, it's legal and legit. The victims just went to daven, they did not deserve this.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 4:36 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
About covid, it is well known that no one is allowed into a Karlin shul above the age of 16 without an ishur machlim or ishur chisun, which means you need to have immunity to come to any event. Every person before coming has to present their ishur.
So now you can stop talking about covid,
About everything else....well, They all definitely care about laws and safety based on their record, so I am not going to judge them with the rest of the media.
Anyone showing these letters and proof that there were no ishurim are covering their backs, so I am going to hold my judgement...till...well forever!

So far, yedioy haachronot newspaper published a letter from katzin bitachon to vaad bet knesset that in order to get an approval there are seven conditions to be fulfills. Letter dated may 5th. Police investigating.
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 5:28 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
So far, yedioy haachronot newspaper published a letter from katzin bitachon to vaad bet knesset that in order to get an approval there are seven conditions to be fulfills. Letter dated may 5th. Police investigating.


What does this have to do with anything? The bleachers collapsed. Not the building.
The bleachers were installed by a professional private company and they should investigate what went wrong.
This could have happened to anyone.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 5:29 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What does this have to do with anything? The bleachers collapsed. Not the building.
The bleachers were installed by a professional company and they should investigate what went wrong.


The. Part that. Collapsed was an extension made of wood and tired. Together with rope. It was built by teens.

It's clear what went wrong. It was completely not safe.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:13 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The. Part that. Collapsed was an extension made of wood and tired. Together with rope. It was built by teens.

It's clear what went wrong. It was completely not safe.


Please stop posting unfounded rumors.
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:19 am
Gerrer chassidus is I longer going to use bleachers. Even their professionally installed one. That is huge!
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:29 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What does this have to do with anything? The bleachers collapsed. Not the building.
The bleachers were installed by a professional private company and they should investigate what went wrong.
This could have happened to anyone.

it has everything to do with it.
I understand the shul was a new building. it wasnt even finished.
in order to get an approval to have the gathering they needed safety plan for a large congregation, a permit from the police, permit from the fire brigade, permit from magen david adom, plan for security and people responsible for the order, permit that electricity, emergency exits and emergency generators have been checked, approval of the construction of building as well as additional systems and devices. Seven paragraphs which was supposed to fulfilled.
in israel you need something called Tofes 4 for a new building. if you dont have it you cant move in or having a large public event. illegal.[b]
all of this could have been avoided. we are supposed to do hishladlut! IMHO having this large event without all the proper approvals is everything but acting responsible.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:36 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Please stop posting unfounded rumors.


Rumours? I have seen multiple videos and pictures showing the bleachers. It's horryfing. It's like tied together with thin wire and rope. It was not made my engineers or anything close to it. It was an extension.

I'm not uploading clips but you can see them in many of the articles people linked in this thread.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Please stop posting unfounded rumors.

Excuse me? There is it least one video and several pictures of how the paranches were constructed. Clear evidence it as called, not rumours!
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:00 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Excuse me? There is it least one video and several pictures of how the paranches were constructed. Clear evidence it as called, not rumours!


I’ll still say it’s hard to know. I saw it too.
But it’s impossible to know if that was ‘designed’ to support it or leftover from transporting or part of the assembly steps.
Perhaps that’s leftover from pre-construction just setting it up and other beams and bolts were used later and that is what the photographer chose to zoom in on.
There is no way to know now.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:01 am
The bleachers extension were not installed by someone professional. A four year old kids makes a better construction with this Lego.
Back to top

amother




Coffee
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Gerrer chassidus is I longer going to use bleachers. Even their professionally installed one. That is huge!


I wonder if that is really so smart. Where then are all the chassidim going to be standing instead? on the ground, pushing....?
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:13 am
banana split wrote:
Cmon guys. We need moshiach. Bashing people for breaking rules and using the building has nothing to do with anything. HaShem wanted this. We need ahavat chinam right now

We all want Mosiach. We all need ahavat chinam. And still there is a mitzvah ' ve nishmartem'. No way you can circumvent it.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:16 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
We all want Mosiach. We all need ahavat chinam. And still there is a mitzvah ' ve nishmartem'. No way you can circumvent it.


Correct, but no need to be so smug in your assertions either.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 5 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Dr. Brad Cohen/ surfside collapse
by amother
7 Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:28 am View last post
Building collapse surfside Miami Florida
by amother
248 Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:39 am View last post
Miami building collapse 4 Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:33 am View last post
Feeling like you're about to collapse.... 11 Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:32 am View last post
What´s the trick to a high cheesecake that doesnt collapse ?
by Dolly1
8 Tue, Dec 17 2013, 7:55 pm View last post