Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Baking with spelt or almond flour and stevia some questions

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 4:29 pm
Would baking cakes and cookies with the above flours and stevia still make things taste ok?
I dont want to give up having dessert. I want to alter how I bake them though.
Do things taste differently with spelt or almond flour, like brownies or choco chip cookies etc?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 4:34 pm
Can you bake with coconut sugar or xylitol? I think they bake better then stevia

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 4:46 pm
I’ve made Between Carpool Pesach Blondies
Using erythritol and stevia mix
I used 1/2 the amount asked for sugar
I used 100% chocolate bar and cut it up in chunks for the chocolate chips

I’ve also made keto mug cakes.
I like the small portion
This way it’s portion controlled

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:09 pm
Spelt tastes and"acts" almost exactly like wheat flour. If you do n't know it's spelt you wouldn't know the difference and can use it cup for cup. Almond and other nut flours are very different in terms of composition. I make some amazing recipes w them but they need to be recipes specially formulated for that kind of flour. I know some people bake with stevia or monkfruit sweeteners but I think they leave an aftertaste. I prefer to use as little as possible of a healthy sweetener like agave or coconut sugar. ((Each has its advantages. )

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:44 pm
I bake with almond flour all the time but you can’t sub it for regular flour in recipes. I found almond flour works best as part of a blend, I usually do almond, coconut and cassava flour. Spelt flour acts more like regular wheat flour in recipes but not exactly the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking