Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tzivos Hashem & Points for children under 3.
1  2  Next

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 8:03 pm
My husband and I disagree on this topic. I believe that the Rebbe started Tzivos Hashem EVEN for little children. My husband says that children should NOT be enrolled till they're 3. He belives they'll be a "general" when they are 5 and there is no insentive. I totally disagree with him.

Ladies what do you think?

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 9:02 pm
Quote:
Ladies what do you think?

Wonders of wonder I totaly agree w/h you. Very Happy Infants should be enrolled and part of Tzivos Hashem from the day they r born. And I think they r, mine atleast Scratching Head

m&m

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 9:12 pm
I can't quote any sources but I heard that the Rebbe said that children should be enrolled from the bris and even start the enrolling process before than. It's not about incentive, its about doing. Same with washing infants negel vasser etc.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 2:12 am
We enrolled the children in Tzivos Hashem right away: as soon as possible after their birth, and bought letters in the children's Sefer Torah.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 3:15 am
I have a friend who'se dd is 2, I think sh'es been enrolled since she is born but I'm not sure, I know she is on level 3, sargent or general major, I forgot, I'll ask her.

mother48

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 8:02 am
just b/c they are enrolled, (b/c of the inyan) doesn't mean you need to fill in their mitzvah cards and send them in. Anyway, with just the yom tov mission cards, they will not make general for a good many years....

my husband laughs, cuz every time I fill them in, but I've never mailed them in once yet.. oh well, s/o remind me after succos!

RedVines

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 10:22 am
If we are out of town how can we enroll our children? Does anyone have a number or email?

mother48

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 12:16 pm
tzivos-hashem.org.

(only works online if you live in the US)

shopaholic

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 12:58 pm
We also enrolled our kids right away. My son is 5 & is 4 levels away from a general. I'm very honest & only fill out what they did. For example, I am going to fill out that my 11 month old heard shofar, because he did. I think TH look at the child's age & what u fill out & decide if they should award the points or not, so fill in what u feel is applicable.

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 3:48 pm
mommyoftwo wrote:
If we are out of town how can we enroll
our children? Does anyone have a number or email?

(718) 467-0600 dial 0 to enroll speak to the office.

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:46 pm
Since I am not Lubavitch, can someone please explain what this is all about?

Motek

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:56 pm
there's a thread on it (Tzivos Hashem in the Judaism section):

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....17a03

Mommish

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 10:41 pm
Thank you for the reminder! I want to enroll my 4 m.o. baby.

gryp

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 9:46 am
I'm very impressed with Tzivos Hashem!
we moved recently and my 2 year old son's newsletter was returned to them because it had our old address.
they just took the time to call me to let me know and to get our new address!
now how many (free) organizations do that??

shopaholic

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 10:21 am
GR - I know pple have been thinking that you are the same person as crayon Very Happy but I think u r me - TH just called me today because we just moved & they got our newsletters returned. The lady was sooo nice! Now I need to go fill out the missions online from Pesach.

gryp

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 10:28 am
momof3 LOL LOL LOL

nehama

Post Tue, May 09 2006, 11:44 pm
I know it's a bit off topic, but

Quote:
Same with washing infants negel vasser etc.

when do people start with that?[/quote]

shalhevet

Post Wed, May 10 2006, 12:34 am
We start from the day they're born (if they were born at night, if they were born in the day from the next morning).
It's certainly not obligatory but it adds kedusha.
It's also a segula for a boy to not have jaundice if his hands are washed every day till the bris (I have verified this from my own informal "survey". People who have had to put off a bris for a "yellow" baby have told me they couldn't be bothered/ forgot etc.)

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 5:48 pm
mummyof6 wrote:
We start from the day they're born (if they were born at night, if they were born in the day from the next morning).
It's certainly not obligatory but it adds kedusha.
It's also a segula for a boy to not have jaundice if his hands are washed every day till the bris (I have verified this from my own informal "survey". People who have had to put off a bris for a "yellow" baby have told me they couldn't be bothered/ forgot etc.)

I never heard this, I didn't do negel vasser with any of my sons before the bris, Lo and behold they were all on time.

hisorerus

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 5:55 pm
I think it's good chinuch for a child to know when he's 3 that he's been getting points for all of his mitzvos since his birth. Of course, I try to fill out the mission cards accurately- if he didn't actively participate in Bedikas Chometz, he doesn't get points.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics