Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Portable lawn toy?

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:04 pm
We don’t have a backyard with a lawn, but we’re going on a few trips this summer and we’ve rented houses that have a lot of land and grass. I’d love to get a new toy to take advantage of it, but it must be small enough to pack and take with us. Should be fun for a 2.5 year old and 5 year old. It may or may not be warm where we’re going so I’d rather not do water toys. Any suggestions?

Elfrida

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:10 pm
My first reaction was a pool, but then you said you can't count on the weather. So I'm still saying a pool, but add a load of balls, so if the weather isn't good enough for water, you can turn it into a completely dry ball pool.

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:13 pm
Elfrida wrote:
My first reaction was a pool, but then you said you can't count on the weather. So I'm still saying a pool, but add a load of balls, so if the weather isn't good enough for water, you can turn it into a completely dry ball pool.

I think a bunch of balls would take up too much space in the car to be practical to bring with us. Are there ones that pack small somehow?

The trip where it’s more likely to be warm has a pool on the property.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:14 pm
Kids lawn mowers that blow bubbles

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Toy.....bkt__

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:15 pm
I’d just do bubbles, chalk, scooters, shovels and pails, and small things like that. Bikes would be extra fun if you have space.

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:56 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I’d just do bubbles, chalk, scooters, shovels and pails, and small things like that. Bikes would be extra fun if you have space.

Thanks, we’ll definitely bring the little stuff with us. I was hoping for one new bigger toy as a treat as well.

avrahamama

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:58 pm
You can buy an inflatable bounce house. It doesn't take up much space when it's deflated

challahchallah

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 7:18 pm
avrahamama wrote:
You can buy an inflatable bounce house. It doesn't take up much space when it's deflated

This could be perfect. Do you have one you like?

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 8:47 pm
How about a hose and sprinkler? Or maybe you can find out if the houses have hoses there and just bring a sprinkler attachment.

avrahamama

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 8:59 pm
I don't have one. But I see them in the yards around my town. This brand seems popular. Just make sure you stake it into the ground really well
I even have a friend who keeps hers in her house.
https://www.amazon.com/Little-.....r=8-7

lucky14

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 10:33 pm
It wont keep them as entertained for as long as a bounce house but if you want to get another smaller thing in addition to the bubbles and chalk and stuff you could get a stomp rocket. My kids have fun with theirs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers