Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
"covid didn't leak from a lab, that's a conspiracy theory"
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
It's a waste of time people will twist everything into pretzels over saying hey I was wrong

I've never said a word about the origins of this virus.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I have no idea.

If I understand correctly - they are considering new information now. Big Deal.

It's a pretty big deal. People started threads to mock those that believed it might have come from a lab. People were called names and told how incredibly stupid they are. So it's a pretty big deal. And those people should apologize for being close minded and rude.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:50 am
It's a pretty big deal. People started threads to mock those that believed it might have come from a lab. People were called names and told how incredibly stupid they are. So it's a pretty big deal. And those people should apologize for being close minded and rude.

Can you post one of those threads?

amother
Red

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:51 am
remind me...

who conspired with whom, and for what purpose?

The Chinese conspired amongst themselves to evade blame and responsibility for infecting the the world with Covid. Now whether it was done deliberately or by accident is an important question but it seems Fauci is acknowledging that it might be fair to call this "the china virus" after all. There was a man who was ridiculed for a long time for referring to the virus by this name. Turns out he might have been right!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:59 am
Can you post one of those threads?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....19810

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18639

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....83597

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:01 am
I have no idea.

If I understand correctly - they are considering new information now. Big Deal.

I still don't get what the conspiracy is.

The big deal is that it is a big deal.

"Considering" new info? More like "slowly breaking" new info to the world.

Fauci would not have suggested the lab theory unless he had some pretty solid intel on it. Because by giving credence to the idea of a lab leak, he's directly contradicting what many in his circles were saying until recently. He wouldn't take that risk without a very real reason.

Twitter has shut down accounts of people for spreading "false info" about the origins of the virus. Turns out the info is probably legit.

The lab theory has been mocked all over social media, TV....

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:05 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
The Chinese conspired amongst themselves to evade blame and responsibility for infecting the the world with Covid. Now whether it was done deliberately or by accident is an important question that but it seems Fauci is acknowledging that it might be fair to call this "the china virus" after all. There was a man who was ridiculed for a long time for referring to the virus by this name. Turns out he might have been right!

When Pres Obama said no more GOF research, Fauci went behind his back and Fauci was responsible for channeling $$ to the Wuhan lab through loopholes to continue the GOF research. Not a very good look. That will be the next part unfolding.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:11 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
The Chinese conspired amongst themselves to evade blame and responsibility for infecting the the world with Covid. Now whether it was done deliberately or by accident is an important question but it seems Fauci is acknowledging that it might be fair to call this "the china virus" after all. There was a man who was ridiculed for a long time for referring to the virus by this name. Turns out he might have been right!

I don't think anyone doubts it originated in Wuhan China. Lab or not.

Not calling it "China Virus" is political.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:12 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=419810

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18639

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....83597

Oh man. The second thread of the three you listed. The poster who suggested that those who believe in the lab leak theory shouldn't have their parenting skills trusted. And who used the term "conspiracy theory". (Amother Crimson, why did she use that term? What makes it a conspiracy? Who conspired with whom?)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:12 am
Anyone else have a feeling that Fauci will be behind bars one day?
I know he’s above justice and has a whole bunch of lying politicians behind him... but I still have that niggling feeling ....

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh man. The second thread of the three you listed. The poster who suggested that those who believe in the lab leak theory shouldn't have their parenting skills trusted. And who used the term "conspiracy theory". (Amother Crimson, why did she use that term? What makes it a conspiracy? Who conspired with whom?)

And "[Thread is locked until a mod has time to go through it - mod]" at the end of that thread LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I refreshed my memory.

The conspiracy around the lab was that the virus was intentionally produced as a bio terror weapon, or something to do with vaccines.

Anyone who thought it was an accidental leak a the lab, being called a conspiracy theorist is unfair. I think there was a poster who was asking for some evidence that it was coming from a lab that didn't fall down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theory.

Until some time as Faucci says this was bio-terrorism- I don't really think any of this matters.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:36 am
I refreshed my memory.

The conspiracy around the lab was that the virus was intentionally produced as a bio terror weapon, or something to do with vaccines.

Anyone who thought it was an accidental leak a the lab, being called a conspiracy theorist is unfair. I think there was a poster who was asking for some evidence that it was coming from a lab that didn't fall down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theory.

Until some time as Faucci says this was bio-terrorism- I don't really think any of this matters.

You read the threads, or you conveniently refreshed your memory so you wouldn't have to?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:40 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Anyone else have a feeling that Fauci will be behind bars one day?
I know he’s above justice and has a whole bunch of lying politicians behind him... but I still have that niggling feeling ....

I highly doubt it....cuz if he goes, I’m sure others will have to go with him....

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:47 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
You read the threads, or you conveniently refreshed your memory so you wouldn't have to?

I read the threads - and then googled the conspiracy theories.

I'm now reading the ones about Fauci's involvement.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:53 am
I refreshed my memory.

It does matter though. Many have knocked the accidental leak theory for months, citing the WHO, the CDC, and Fauci as their info sources. Their info sources are now changing their tunes. Perhaps common sense is more important in this chaotic world than it ever was. It matters.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It does matter though. Many have knocked the accidental leak theory for months, citing the WHO, the CDC, and Fauci as their info sources. Their info sources are now changing their tunes. Perhaps common sense is more important in this chaotic world than it ever was.

I don't see how common sense falls into any of this.

But I do agree with you that lashing out at each other over this stuff really serves no purpose.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:04 am
If you weren't part of the conversation it might not matter to you. But it does matter to the people that were part of those threads and were attacked over this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:10 am
I don't see how common sense falls into any of this.

But I do agree with you that lashing out at each other over this stuff really serves no purpose.

Common sense falls into many things, including this.

ora_43

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:38 pm

Some of the arguments were stupid. There's a difference between the fact itself people are arguing for, and the logic they use.

There's saying that a real virus might have been accidentally released from a lab, and then there's:

- claiming that China released the virus on purpose to hurt the US, and also, that the virus is harmless

- arguing that China released the virus deliberately into its own population, for... reasons? (I could accept 'reducing elderly population', maybe, since that's most of what the virus does; anything else seems like a stretch)

- claiming that the virus is obviously man-made, while citing as evidence a bunch of things that are also true of many non-man-made viruses

- arguing that the virus being released from a lab was the only way this could have happened

Maybe there were one or two posters mocking anyone who said anything about it being from a lab, but for the most part people were responding to posts about how it must be a man-made virus deliberately unleashed on the world, wake up, sheeple, etc.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics