Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Having trouble keeping up transitioning to summer

lk1234

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 4:58 am
am I the only one feeling a bit overwhelmed now. Yesterday was a super hot day and the kids wanted to run in the sprinklers which is fine. However in the wake of that activity I have all over my house bathing suits, towels, natives, water guns. Help! In general I feel like I am having a hard time keeping up this time of year. I had a bunch of well visits, dentist appointments etc and just feel like I can't keep up. Does anyone feel this way?

cbg

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 6:11 am
Get a cheap laundry basket to put everything in
Put it by the door

cozyblanket

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 6:12 am
Always

lk1234

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 2:25 pm
Just bumping this up. I can't say it's anxiety or anything serious, just this niggling feeling in me as we lead up to end of school, start of camp that I feel overwhelmed with work. I don't have this "busyness" any other time of year. Even school starting I can do gradually during the quiet summer. Somehow the start of summer, with bathing suits and towels, natives and bikes makes me feel like this overwhelmed feeling. Any one feel this way?

Bubby6

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:19 pm
Transition is difficult for some people. Routine is safe.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:25 pm
I felt that on a much smaller scale. I went through all the things that were making me feel overwhelmed and figured out new systems for putting them away. My kids are also little so this is really the first summer we have a whole bunch of summer stuff. I made designated places for sunscreen, bubbles, hats, etc. Before camp starts I plan to make a spot for all the daily camp stuff too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics