Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Brandon Sanderson fans, raise your hands!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Siriusly?

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:33 am
I want to start Mistborn, but the rational side of me is telling me to wait until my exams are over in two weeks so that my revision won't suffer from my absorption in a new series. Maybe I will stick with something shorter for now!

scruffy

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:34 pm
OK raich, I read Skyward and Starsight too! Thanks for the recs. I enjoyed it a lot, especially Mbot, my fave character. He reminded me a bit of Syl in Stormlight, anyone agree?

raich

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:05 pm
Oooooh yay! So glad you both enjoyed!!

Siriusly, yes I was also very strongly reminded of Ender's Game when reading Skyward. The resemblance didn't carry over much to Starsight though, and it was nice to have that shift.

I'm in middle of reading The Way of Kings now and I'm loving it even more than Skyward! I'd definitely recommend that next, but yes maybe wait until your exams are done because I'm loving it so much that I would seriously read for hours a day if I could get away with it Heart

Scruffy, yes M-Bot is so awesome! Can't wait to read more about him...
Hidden: 

now that he's been learning to lie and think for himself

It's exciting that there are two more books in the series to go!

raich

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:10 pm
About The Way of Kings...

Hidden: 

I am looooooving Kaladin!! Oh my goodness every chapter I get to that profiles him I get so excited. I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the book but I am HOOKED! The book progresses at a nice pace and every single chapter has new info and plot development. Eeeek it makes me so happy!

In a way I'm so glad I didn't discover Sanderson when I was younger because I'm really enjoying his stuff now. When I need to decompress I escape to my room and read a few pages until the troops call me back to the front Laugh

esther11

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:17 pm
raich wrote:
About The Way of Kings...

Hidden: 

I am looooooving Kaladin!! Oh my goodness every chapter I get to that profiles him I get so excited. I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the book but I am HOOKED! The book progresses at a nice pace and every single chapter has new info and plot development. Eeeek it makes me so happy!

In a way I'm so glad I didn't discover Sanderson when I was younger because I'm really enjoying his stuff now. When I need to decompress I escape to my room and read a few pages until the troops call me back to the front Laugh

Thank you! Way of Kings is sooooo much better in my opinion and I couldn’t understand why no one else felt that way!

I 100% agree with the specifics you mentioned, but I won’t say more because I don’t know how to hide content 😂

raich

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:51 pm
For all of you who read Skyward series maybe we should start a new thread with a spoiler alert in the title so we can freely talk about it without doing all the hidden spoiler shtick. I'd love to talk about it and share best parts etc. without worrying about ruining the book for someone who didn't read it yet.

Anyone game?

syrima

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:50 pm
Just had to come on here and thank you for introducing us to the sanderson books! My kids and myself ALL devoured skyward and starsight!!!
Now they think I'm the coolest mom for finding this series...

raich

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:11 am
syrima wrote:
Just had to come on here and thank you for introducing us to the sanderson books! My kids and myself ALL devoured skyward and starsight!!!
Now they think I'm the coolest mom for finding this series...

Yay! I love converting people Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now PLEASE do yourself a favor and go read The Way of Kings and then come back here.

Siriusly?

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:11 am
Hey, who's read Cytonic (Skyward #3)? What did you think of it?

ChalieB

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:01 pm
I'm such a huge fan! Loved everything except the Wax and Wayne series, and I wasn't blown away by ROW, but I keep reading and rereading his books!

Speaking of which, this Shabbat will probably be an internal battle between rereading Mistborn or reading a book for school...

4pom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:15 am
I love getting suggestions here.
And grateful for so many.
I’m wondering how young the ya are appropriate for?
I’m personally not a huge fan of sci-fi/ fantasy but think my younger kids would like it. Before I get through them myself can you women tell me if its ok for 11yr olds? Thanks.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 2:03 am
Ooooh I haven't gotten Cytonic yet. Love all his books.
My favorite is actually... The Emperor's Soul. (novella) I love reading the last chapter. The WORDS. I can't even describe it.
His books all make my brain love reading, because he manages to use words the right way. Does anyone understand what I'm saying here? He's not just using words to write a book, he's transferring the story to you using words.
Like in Warbreaker, where he describes the red painting? How did he get so much color, such a visual thing, described in mere words? You can see the painting in your head, even though it's not even a drawing.
I like the Stormlight archive, love Shallan, and I think the best quotes are there. (Should start a spinoff with best quotes..)

raich

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 5:15 pm
Pulling up this thread again since I recently finished Mistborn Era 1 and loooooved it.

It's rather annoying to me that almost nobody in my real life has read or appreciates these books so I have to fangirl solo. So I'm here in an attempt to find someone to discuss with....anyone still reading this thread?

The first 3 books were incredible. Secret History was randomly paced but mind blowing.

But then I started Era 2 and it was so different I had to put it down. I will probably restart when my brain is all "done" with Era 1.

Anyone up to discussing with me?

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 5:27 pm
I read through all the books then start over. So read them at least 10 times. Probably more. I'm going through the Stormlight Archive now.
Who has read his Secret Project books? I liked the second better than the first. I loved the world he put the first on but guessed the ending.

Wolfsbane

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 5:40 pm
I will discuss! Anyone else think Marsh is underappreciated?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 5:54 pm
I'm rereading The Rhythm of War — Stormlight Archive #4 — now.

Has anyone read the Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians series? What ages is it suitable for?

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 5:58 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

Has anyone read the Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians series? What ages is it suitable for?

My 10 yo has been reading them. Pretty clean, but the last book has a kiss I think.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 6:35 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I love that one. Going patiently through the series in order but waiting to get to it!
Even though there's not enough Shallan in there for my taste Wink
Hidden: 

The part where she kills her daughter makes me cry every time.
And I love that he brought Nightblood in. The cutest sword ever Smile

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 7:40 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I love that one. Going patiently through the series in order but waiting to get to it!
Even though there's not enough Shallan in there for my taste Wink
Hidden: 

The part where she kills her daughter makes me cry every time.
And I love that he brought Nightblood in. The cutest sword ever Smile

Wait seriously? The shallan parts are the most boring... I love love love both dalinar and adolin, though.

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 8:46 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I read through all the books then start over. So read them at least 10 times. Probably more. I'm going through the Stormlight Archive now.
Who has read his Secret Project books? I liked the second better than the first. I loved the world he put the first on but guessed the ending.

I was so frustrated, I was sure I had joined the kickstarter early on, but somehow must have messed it up, which I figured out in the winter. Got the first one when it finally came out on Kindle (much as I appreciate his point about Amazon, I don't have time to figure out the other options, if I'm not getting the shipments). Eagerly waiting for the second.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room