Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Gown for wedding online (cheap and large sizes)

yaye

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 9:38 am
Anyone want to help an Ima in need of a gown for bil wedding? (Trying this route, because I have my doubts that gemachs will work, but I will try that as well)
I’m at least an xl, 5-4 and small on top. But lots of weight around my middle....
Would love links to any dresses you would think work.

Bonus if you can find something for dd 12 who is also at least an xl bit much shorter then me and stockier... also doesn’t really have much of a figure yet....

It’s quite an oot wedding so I don’t need anything too extravagant!!

Thanks so much!!

proudmomma

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:16 am
Eshakti! I highly recommend them. Be sure to do the customization it's totally worth it!
Good luck!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:16 am
Where are you located? If you're in lakewood or nearby I may have some options for you

miami85

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:22 am
I've gotten nice stuff on lightinthebox.com, Eshakti is too casual for a Jewish wedding in my opinion. JJ's house and hebeos are also options for custom-made. I find that their prices on most of their stuff is akin to what I would pay for renting or a gemach and I get to keep it.

The dress I bought from lightinthebox the funny thing is it's a good thing I read the reviews because one of them said "it was so well made I didn't realize it was inside out when I opened it"--and I was surprised when I took it out of the box because it looked different, and then I realized it was indeed inside out!

yaye

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:45 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Where are you located? If you're in lakewood or nearby I may have some options for you

I can get to Lakewood
Thanks

I will try other sites mentioned

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:54 am
Dillards.com has some pretty nice dresses. Worth looking there. Good return policy too ($7 flat fee for returns)

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:00 am
sm236 wrote:
Anyone want to help an Ima in need of a gown for bil wedding? (Trying this route, because I have my doubts that gemachs will work, but I will try that as well)
I’m at least an xl, 5-4 and small on top. But lots of weight around my middle....
Would love links to any dresses you would think work.

Bonus if you can find something for dd 12 who is also at least an xl bit much shorter then me and stockier... also doesn’t really have much of a figure yet....

It’s quite an oot wedding so I don’t need anything too extravagant!!

Thanks so much!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J.....tails
I know this sounds crazy but somebody on ima recommended this and I skeptically ordered it.
It just arrived yesterday and its really beautiful! I'm 5'3' and it was a few inches of the floor so I can see it working for a 12 year old, the cut is a super flattering cut for someone a bit chubbier (high waisted) and for $20 it doesn't hurt to order, all you need is a shell dress underneath

yaye

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJWBK9H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I know this sounds crazy but somebody on ima recommended this and I skeptically ordered it.
It just arrived yesterday and its really beautiful! I'm 5'3' and it was a few inches of the floor so I can see it working for a 12 year old, the cut is a super flattering cut for someone a bit chubbier (high waisted) and for $20 it doesn't hurt to order, all you need is a shell dress underneath

I ordered this dress and my daughter hated it. But now she said she would wear it in white, can anyone find this or something similar in white??
Please pretty please;)

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 8:23 pm
This site has tznius dresses, $120 including shipping. They do custom sizes based on your measurements and will make changes (like lining lace, making sleeves longer, closing holes in the back) . Takes a few weeks to arrive.

https://www.colorsbridesmaid.c.....-menu
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics