Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Started talking in baby voice

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 1:19 pm
My adorable 3 yo started talking in a baby voice on the day of his upsherin.
We thought it was because there were people around, and he was shy, so he did it on purpose and that it would pass.

But it's been 6 months and he's still talking in a squeaky, high-pitched baby voice that he did not have before!

HELP! When I ask him to talk in a regular voice, it appears hard for him to do it. He can say one word after me, but then he goes back to baby voice.

He says proper words. It's not baby talk. It's just a squeaky, annoying baby voice.

Is this common? What can I do?

Blessing1

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 1:22 pm
If he really can't talk in his normal voice, you should get him checked out ASAP. When a kid acts silly and changes their voice, they usually don't have patience to keep it up for more than afew minutes, let alone for 6 months. Maybe he went through a trauma or scare that caused this. Please check it out.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 2:19 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
If he really can't talk in his normal voice, you should get him checked out ASAP. When a kid acts silly and changes their voice, they usually don't have patience to keep it up for more than afew minutes, let alone for 6 months. Maybe he went through a trauma or scare that caused this. Please check it out.

How do I check it out? Tell the doctor? Speech therapist?

Now I'm afraid. How do I find out what happened? He seems regular in every other way.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 2:20 pm
Pandas
Sorry 😞

Blessing1

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do I check it out? Tell the doctor? Speech therapist?

Now I'm afraid. How do I find out what happened? He seems regular in every other way.

Start with your pediatrician and hopefully they'll be able to tell you what to do next.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 9:15 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Pandas
Sorry 😞
This. Reverting to Baby talk is a classic pandas symptom. We had it, it went away when we treated chronic strep. When it comes back we know to test for strep and treat again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers