Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What to eat between lunch and supper???
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 5:58 pm
This is my biggest struggle.. I come home from work around 3:15 and from that time until supper I just dont know what to eat and it bothers me so much.. I eat salads for lunch, fruits, maybe greek yogurt for breakfast with big cup of coffee. what could be filling and can hold me off till dinner time? What do u eat in between these meals?

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:00 pm
A mini meal: so crackers or carrots with chummus, avocado and whole grain tortilla chips, peanut butter on rice cake, a nugo bar, a bit of leftover dinner from the night before, a splurge sometimes on a small brown rice sushi, banana, string cheese,

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:04 pm
Afternoon tea.

Cup of tea
Cucumber sandwiches (with the crusts cut off)
Scones with cream and jam

Maybe not so practical for a modern lifestyle, but afternoon tea was invented for this purpose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:10 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Afternoon tea.

Cup of tea
Cucumber sandwiches (with the crusts cut off)
Scones with cream and jam

Maybe not so practical for a modern lifestyle, but afternoon tea was invented for this purpose.

Any specific tea you drink or whatever u have?

Undefined

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:24 pm
If you're trying to lose weight then protein is a good idea:
Hard boiled egg or 2
Celery with peanut butter
Nuts but not too many
Vegetables with chummus
String cheese
Even a little turkey or chicken if
you don't mind being fleishig
Luna bar
Veggie burger
1/2 Grapefruit
Cottage cheese

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:26 pm
Maybe eat a bigger lunch. Your meals don't sound filling. Are you staying off of carbs? Carbs without sauces or dressings may be ok. Check the calories.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 6:26 pm
I do fruit or veggies sometimes a bar

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:29 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Maybe eat a bigger lunch. Your meals don't sound filling. Are you staying off of carbs? Carbs without sauces or dressings may be ok. Check the calories.

Im not a big breakfast/lunch eater.. I get most hungry around 3-5 then I start eating snacks around the house whatever is nearby and I also binge on snacks/ candy at night after supper.. I wish I could eat a more filling breakfast or lunch.. but I have a big coffee and it keeps me pretty full..

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is my biggest struggle.. I come home from work around 3:15 and from that time until supper I just dont know what to eat and it bothers me so much.. I eat salads for lunch, fruits, maybe greek yogurt for breakfast with big cup of coffee. what could be filling and can hold me off till dinner time? What do u eat in between these meals?

I eat a fruit and a 100 calorie bag of pretzels usually. I need something to tide me over and this works.
It's consciously part of my daily food plan.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, May 25 2021, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
White

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:32 pm
I'd try to move my meals closer together or eat a bigger lunch. Snacking always starts out with good intentions (I.e. an apple) but ends badly for me (crackers, chips, cookies). So I try to eat meals that are filling and not too far apart and drink lots of water between.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:33 pm
If your suppers are late, maybe eat lunch later

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I eat a fruit and a 100 calorie bag of pretzels usually. I need something to tide me over and this works.
It's consciously part of my daily food plan.

Where can I find 100 calorie snack bags?

jetset123

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:40 pm
Thank u all for all your advice! Really helpful bh

sky

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:41 pm
Skinny iced latte

https://overtimecook.com/2014/.....atte/

Decaf

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where can I find 100 calorie snack bags?

Most of the pretzel snack bags at the store are 100-110 calories with no fat.
These are my faves (I find most fulfilling)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....75579
But there's also Herr's, and many heimish brands too. I've had from Haddar. And I think Bloom's too IIRC.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 7:46 pm
Of course you're hungry if all you've eaten is a yogurt and salad until then. I personally would recommend having a couple of slices of wholewheat bread. It will fill you up and then you won't be tempted for snacks and unhealthy food. Or if that's a no no, a piece of salmon or other protein. Almonds could also be a good option. It has to be something that will fill you up though, another coffee or latte just won't cut it, your body is telling you that it's hungry!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:02 pm
Protein shake. It changed my life. It's filling and yummy. Buy some protein powder and a blender bottle and have that between meals

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Protein shake. It changed my life. It's filling and yummy. Buy some protein powder and a blender bottle and have that between meals

Yum that sounds so good and filling.. which protein do you buy some of them taste so bad.. which ones do you love?

Fabulous

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:33 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
If your suppers are late, maybe eat lunch later

When it works out (work and hunger wise) I do that too. If I’m only eating lunch at 130/2, I’m not so hungry till 6/7 anyway

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:37 pm
I would have dinner at 3-5 when I'm hungry. . I wouldn't wait til official dinner time.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise