Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Adult or Children Megilah?

proofreader

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 2:14 pm
Our shul has separate children's leining at the same time as adults. Which would you go with a 7 month old? (I plan on plying her with biscuits to keep her quiet...)

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 2:54 pm
if shes a good girl that can sit for the megillah reading then she can sit near u, or if she gets bored in the middle send her to the kids section-show her before where it is so if she needs to go in the middle she can go by herself

tovarena

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:21 pm
proofreader wrote:
Our shul has separate children's leining at the same time as adults. Which would you go with a 7 month old? (I plan on plying her with biscuits to keep her quiet...)

DH and I are leaving our two 6 month olds at home. We're just taking separate shifts. He's going to the 8:05 reading that's right after maariv. And then he'll get home and I'll head out to the 9:30 late reading (and similarly tomorrow morning). Is it possible for you to do something like that? It will probably make it a lot less stressful for you, too.

proofreader

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 3:51 pm
tovarena wrote:
proofreader wrote:

DH and I are leaving our two 6 month olds at home. We're just taking separate shifts. He's going to the 8:05 reading that's right after maariv. And then he'll get home and I'll head out to the 9:30 late reading (and similarly tomorrow morning). Is it possible for you to do something like that? It will probably make it a lot less stressful for you, too.

It's a good idea but my husband will be late because of his commute and I don't want to go to a late leining, so it's me and her.

tovarena

Post Thu, Mar 20 2008, 4:04 pm
proofreader wrote:

It's a good idea but my husband will be late because of his commute and I don't want to go to a late leining, so it's me and her.

Oish! I don't envy you trying to get in megillah reading with a little one. Okay, admittedly, I am used to having to do everything with two so the odds of both being quiet through an entire reading would be even more remote. But hopefully the teething biscuits (and maybe a few toys?) will do the trick. Well, in that case, I'd probably try the kids' reading so at least one more little one making noise probably wouldn't be too noticeable if she does act up. Good luck!

Chag Sameach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics