Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Are you a righty or lefty?
1  2  Next

Are you a righty or lefty
Righty  
 62%  [ 111 ]
Lefty  
 32%  [ 57 ]
Ambidextrous  
 4%  [ 8 ]
Other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 177

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:33 pm
Just curious how common it is. Also if you are a lefty how does it affect you?
I’m a lefty and it mainly afftects when I eat and the person sitting next to me.

hodeez

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:43 pm
I have one son who is a lefty. Totally out of nowhere

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:46 pm
I'm a lefty and have always felt that it makes me unique. DH is right-handed, but both of our kids are lefties! Lucky for them that their mom will be able to help them with handwriting and things like that, but unlucky for my son that he's going to need lefty tefillin.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:48 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I'm a lefty and have always felt that it makes me unique. DH is right-handed, but both of our kids are lefties! Lucky for them that their mom will be able to help them with handwriting and things like that, but unlucky for my son that he's going to need lefty tefillin.

Why are you better able to help them?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:53 pm
I’ma left and I’m very artistic. It is believed to have what to do with it.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:06 pm
My husband is a lefty and so is his father. I think his grandfather was also a lefty. All 3 of our kids are righties though, so I won that genetic battle! ;-)

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:11 pm
I’m ambidextrous. Everyone else in my family is right handed, but both my grandparents are left handed

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:17 pm
I’m a lefty , my mother in law is a lefty , my father is a lefty and one of my sons is a lefty and we are all artistic and have nice handwritings.

Petra

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:20 pm
I'm a left but not artsy in any form but creative in problem solving. DH is lefty. 25% of our children are lefties. Neither or our parents are lefties. My brother is a lefty.

There are certain things I just can't get. Like learning a new dance...everything is unnatural and backwards to me.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious how common it is. Also if you are a lefty how does it affect you?
I’m a lefty and it mainly afftects when I eat and the person sitting next to me.

"If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then people who are left handed are in their right mind."

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:37 pm
I'm a righty and very artistic/creative lol
I am able to write and do most things with my left hand, though not nearly as neatly as my right hand. Not sure if that's related at all.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:43 pm
Well, my Hildreth are all lefties and are definitely not artistic. They all have horrible handwriting

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I’m ambidextrous. Everyone else in my family is right handed, but both my grandparents are left handed

So cool! Everything is totally equal? So what hand do you hold the food in when you make a Brocha?

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 8:54 pm
I’m artistic and creative and... a righty Smile

honey36

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:38 pm
Im a lefty. Surprised at the poll is so high for left. I always heard is less than 10% of population.

Only thing it really makes a difference for me is my knife skills. I'm fast but can't cut anything without a plate/cutting board. Also I can basically only use serrated knives.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:40 pm
Lefty. Doesn’t effect me in any way. Ok, when using scissors

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:42 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Why are you better able to help them?

I actually use the same hand when I write? Lefties and righties write differently. It can get really annoying when you're learning how to write, actually.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Wow! Can you write normally with both hands?
I had a classmate that was able to write with both hands at once. We learnt the word ambidextrous in 1st grade when the teacher saw her writing with both hands.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:50 pm
honey36 wrote:
Im a lefty. Surprised at the poll is so high for left. I always heard is less than 10% of population.

Only thing it really makes a difference for me is my knife skills. I'm fast but can't cut anything without a plate/cutting board. Also I can basically only use serrated knives.

I also basically only use serrated knives but I didn’t do it has anything to do with being a lefty, what’s the connection?

shanie5

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 10:08 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
"If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then people who are left handed are in their right mind."

My moms a lefty and thats a favorite quote of hers.
All her children are rightys.
I have 2 lefties. Both boys. One has lefty tefillin and one has righty tefillin as per the psak he was given. (though he rights with his left, his right arm is stronger).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics