Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Lightest car seat and lightest frame/stroller?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 2:44 pm
So I have graco car seat weighing in at 7.5lbs and graco snugrider frame thats about 14lbs.

Id like to get an even lighter car seat, as lifting is very bad for my back after birth.

I can’t figure out though which car seat would not only be lighter than graco but also compatible with a frame or stroller that’s light.
It beats the purpose for me to get a lighter car seat that goes with a heavier frame!

Thanks!

amother
Lime

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 4:24 pm
How about the Nuna pipa lite with the yoyo frame? Not sure how much you want to spend.. not cheap, but a great stroller to have that will last until they’re older.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 4:41 pm
The maxi cozi and nuna pipa are the lightest car seats. They weigh about 5lbs. They can go with the yoyo stroller.

mizle10

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 4:44 pm
The nuna pipa lite is lighter than the maxi cosi

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 5:15 pm
I have the Nina pipa lite and loved it. Weighs 5.3lb and I believe is the lightest you can get. It also can adapt to a bunch of strollers

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:54 pm
Right, so the nuna pipa lite is the lightest car seat.

What light frames go with it?

I get one is yoyo (I’d have to find it cheaper than regular price; I think it’s too much $$ to spend on a frame plus adapter, and I can’t see using it as a long term stroller).

Any other light frames to go with the nuna pipa light?

I found peg perego ypsi, which is on the light side and can then be a good stroller—one drawback is the price... ypsi plus car seat adapter plus newborn bassinet is $$$$.

Then there’s cybex gazelle which is way cheaper and can be found on eBay, and includes adapters for pipa but seems heavier frame than ypsi.

Any other options for either cheap frame for pipa lite; or a not crazy expensive stroller that can be used for frame now and as a a stroller later?

Window

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 7:36 pm
There’s are travel stroller that weigh 10 lbs. Maclaren atom, mountain buggy Nano.
The mountain buggy is compatible with all car seats

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:27 pm
Have you looked at nuna's range of strollers. I remember seeing some nice strollers that were very tempting. I think they were lightweight.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:26 am
Update here: I found a barely used Nuna pipa lite from a private person for abt half price, yay!

Now looking into compatible frame.

Anyone has thoughts abt bugaboo bee3, bee5 or ant?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update here: I found a barely used Nuna pipa lite from a private person for abt half price, yay!

I have the bee3 and love it. My sis n law has the ant, it's a real travel stroller. It's tiny and a pain in the neck to fold. A bigger baby looks overgrown in it.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The bee is heavier than the frame you have now. The yo-yo is one of the lightest, and if you use the frame without the seat pack at the beginning, it’s even lighter (that’s what I did until my baby was 6 months old).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics