Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I don’t want to get my second dose ....
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:19 am
People with antibodies or who had covid seem to have a stronger reaction to the first shot. DH had COVID and I had a lot of antibodies. We both had a strong reaction to the first. Mine was stronger. I heard this anecdotally from many many people. You may be much better for the second shot. For the first shot, I was in bed for the whole first day and taking easy the second day. Fever, chills, body aches, sore, swollen arm, threw up, Exhausted. Couldn't eat. Tried to sleep it off. Couldn't lift my arm for at least a week. The second-achey, slight chills, tired, sore arm. Was able to work all day though couldn't move around so much.
I had a lot of antibodies from June 2020-December 2020 and then tested negative. Just to keep in mind. I got the vaccines end of January and end of February (US healthcare but not a ton of exposure).

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:39 am
The covid vaccine has no live virus so people can't shed virus after getting the vaccine...if RSV cases in infants are actually going up, it has nothing to do with the covid vaccine.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
People with antibodies or who had covid seem to have a stronger reaction to the first shot. DH had COVID and I had a lot of antibodies. We both had a strong reaction to the first. Mine was stronger. I heard this anecdotally from many many people. You may be much better for the second shot. For the first shot, I was in bed for the whole first day and taking easy the second day. Fever, chills, body aches, sore, swollen arm, threw up, Exhausted. Couldn't eat. Tried to sleep it off. Couldn't lift my arm for at least a week. The second-achey, slight chills, tired, sore arm. Was able to work all day though couldn't move around so much.
I had a lot of antibodies from June 2020-December 2020 and then tested negative. Just to keep in mind. I got the vaccines end of January and end of February (US healthcare but not a ton of exposure).

Natural immunity makes you have 2-3x more adverse effects to the vaccine. Here's a Dr explaining.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/C....._link

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Canadians all scrambled to get the shot because of their extreme restrictions, in hope that it will open the country. What a joke, they probably won’t go back to normal ever...
But the Government is sitting a laughing and patting their pockets from all that vaccine money....

That’s ridiculous talk. Can't Believe It The Canadian government is not making money on vaccines. They are spending money on buying vaccines since they do not manufacture it locally. Laughing really???

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I neither live in USA or Israel.
Live in Canada (embarrassed to say ....)

They don’t even ASK me when I got the first shot if I had Covid or not. Here things are don’t with no seichel.
& my next shot If booked end of September.

But people are able to get their second shots if they look hard enough for pop up clinics

Who didn't ask when you got the first shot?

Evaluate in September if you want a second shot.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Canadians all scrambled to get the shot because of their extreme restrictions, in hope that it will open the country. What a joke, they probably won’t go back to normal ever...
But the Government is sitting a laughing and patting their pockets from all that vaccine money....

Total ignorance.

scruffy

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:02 am
I had antibodies prior to getting the vaccine. I had the same reaction to both doses (chills, exhaustion, nausea for two days). The second dose reaction was no better and no worse than the first.

Frumme

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I neither live in USA or Israel.
Live in Canada (embarrassed to say ....)

They don’t even ASK me when I got the first shot if I had Covid or not. Here things are don’t with no seichel.
& my next shot If booked end of September.

But people are able to get their second shots if they look hard enough for pop up clinics

? That's in four months!! I got my 2nd shot 1 month after the first. Why did they book you so far ahead?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:21 am
Frumme wrote:
? That's in four months!! I got my 2nd shot 1 month after the first. Why did they book you so far ahead?

Canada is spreading out the shots longer. Bec they started later and want lots of ppl to get first shot.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Canada is spreading out the shots longer. Bec they started later and want lots of ppl to get first shot.

Right vaccine supply issues.

Its all changing now. Second shots are being rolled out earlier now.

OP likely will be eligible before September.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:56 am
I’m curious why did you get the vaccine if you already had COVID? Not asking to be mean or annoying, genuinely curious.

gamanit

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I’m curious why did you get the vaccine if you already had COVID? Not asking to be mean or annoying, genuinely curious.

She mentioned travel. I'd imagine that's why.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Was talking to my sister & she said since I had Covid (Btw had a pretty bad case of Covid in December) I have more immunity of not getting it again than a vaccine can give me. Similar to the mono virus. Everything is so new & unstudied, we really don’t know much.
She also said ‘they’ (who are they?) say the huge increase in babies who are catching RSV is from the shedding of the virus from all the vaccines being given.
😳

OP, I'm sorry you're feeling so sick Sad

Neither of these things are true.
People who received the mRNA vaccines (both doses) have HIGHER levels of antibodies (up to 10 times higher) than people who recovered from covid-19 infection.
https://www.biorxiv.org/conten.....l.pdf
This is why the vaccines are so effective against the variants. The immune response is diminished, but it starts out so high that it's still enough to be effective.

As far as vaccine shedding, that is categorically impossible with mRNA vaccines. Besides, how would it even make sense that shedding covid would cause RSV? They're different viruses. But either way, not possible. The vaccines don't contain the covid virus at all.

Now back to you.
There are some studies showing that people who got covid before only need one shot. Talk to your doctor about that.

Hope you feel better soon!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:23 am
smss wrote:
OP, I'm sorry you're feeling so sick Sad

Neither of these things are true.
People who received the mRNA vaccines (both doses) have HIGHER levels of antibodies (up to 10 times higher) than people who recovered from covid-19 infection.
https://www.biorxiv.org/conten.....l.pdf
This is why the vaccines are so effective against the variants. The immune response is diminished, but it starts out so high that it's still enough to be effective.

As far as vaccine shedding, that is categorically impossible with mRNA vaccines. Besides, how would it even make sense that shedding covid would cause RSV? They're different viruses. But either way, not possible. The vaccines don't contain the covid virus at all.

Now back to you.
There are some studies showing that people who got covid before only need one shot. Talk to your doctor about that.

Hope you feel better soon!

How long are those higher antibodies lasting though? Are natural antibodies lasting longer, even if the number of antibodies is slightly lower than the number from the vaccine?

gamanit

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:27 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
How long are those higher antibodies lasting though? Are natural antibodies lasting longer, even if the number of antibodies is slightly lower than the number from the vaccine?

Excellent question for which the answer remains unknown Smile . It takes time to find out this data. Either way if someone had covid and got a booster shot the immunity is likely to be very robust. Getting a second shot isn't medically necessary but this way you get social benefits like vaccine passport for flight.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:31 am
Ema of 4 wrote:

So we don't totally know the answer to that yet. We know for sure that antibodies from vaccination last at least 6 months. Very probably they last (maybe even much) longer than that, but we just can't know for sure until it's studied (which is ongoing).

We also don't know how long natural antibodies last though. Probably longer than we originally thought, but I personally know someone whose antibodies waned after 10 months. (I know, I know, T-cells. Maybe! We'll find out when we find out...)

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:43 am
smss wrote:
So we don't totally know the answer to that yet. We know for sure that antibodies from vaccination last at least 6 months. Very probably they last (maybe even much) longer than that, but we just can't know for sure until it's studied (which is ongoing).

We also don't know how long natural antibodies last though. Probably longer than we originally thought, but I personally know someone whose antibodies waned after 10 months. (I know, I know, T-cells. Maybe! We'll find out when we find out...)

So basically we don't really know that the vaccine's antibodies last longer or are stronger than natural immunity.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:49 am
smss wrote:

Mild coronavirus infection leaves behind lasting antibody protection, research suggests

https://www.foxnews.com/health.....earch

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

I'm middle aged so not concerned about mrna. Still I got the J&J. I wanted to visit elderly and immunocompromised relatives comfortably.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
So basically we don't really know that the vaccine's antibodies last longer or are stronger than natural immunity.

We know that they are stronger, we do not yet know how long they last.

Personally I'm more than fine with yearly boosters if it comes to that 🤷‍♀️ (and it may not)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics