Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Do you believe UFO's are real?
1  2  3  Next

Reality

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:39 am
It's been in the news lately and I have a really hard time believing this stuff. Am I being closed minded?

Java

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:40 am
Well yeah, I mean if we can have Jewish space lasers, why can't we have UFOs too

rainbow dash

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:40 am
Im a huge x files fan. No. UFOs do not exist.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:45 am
As the saying goes, anything can be a UFO if you're bad enough at identifying stuff.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:52 am
To me, respecting science means keeping all options open. The coronavirus may not have been the result of bat stew and I said so all along.
We can't reject information just because of who says it but if someone clearly has an outside agenda, it's easier to dismiss the info. Of course, the folks at WalMart will say that their brand is better than Target so I would only trust someone who isn't being paid to say that WalMart is better.

zaq

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:55 am
Ugly Frummy Oxford Shoes? Absolutely. I have three pairs.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:55 am
cutestbaby wrote:
Well yeah, I mean if we can have Jewish space lasers, why can't we have UFOs too

The UFOs are tracking those little microchips in the Covid vaccines. If I keep it up, I will be sent to Camp Hikon, right?

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:58 am
in other words do we need to put out sandbags and bar our windows and prepare for a massive invasion?

cbsp

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:10 am
Unidentified foiled objects? My freezer is chock-full!

I want to believe... (cue the X-Files theme)

leah233

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:14 am
Depends on what you mean by UFOs

Are there unidentified flying objects that are built and flown by residents of other planets? No I don't believe there are any.

Are there unidentified flying objects that are flying as a part of the general out of space activity?

I do not know but wouldn't be surprised at all if there are

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:22 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
in other words do we need to put out sandbags and bar our windows and prepare for a massive invasion?

No, that's for the cicada invasion. They were hiding underground and are not from outer space.

hodeez

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:24 am
I think I would welcome them at this point

enneamom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:26 am
southernbubby wrote:
No, that's for the cicada invasion. They were hiding underground and are not from outer space.

Wait a second...cicada invasion...ufos...

Things are starting to add up in my mind. Where's my tinfoil hat?

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:28 am
Don't believe in them.

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:48 am
It’s funny, because I think that from an atheistic perspective, Fermi’s Paradox makes perfect sense. If you truly believe that science randomly created earth and all of life as we know it, and that humans are just another species of animal, then it would only make sense that out of the billions of galaxies there is extraterrestrial life on at least some of the planets out there.
BUT
But I’m a frum Jew and I am anthropocentric and believe that God created the world specifically for us, so I don’t believe in UFOs.

A pity though. I would love to meet Slitheens and Jedi Knights.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:53 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
It’s funny, because I think that from an atheistic perspective, Fermi’s Paradox makes perfect sense. If you truly believe that science randomly created earth and all of life as we know it, and that humans are just another species of animal, then it would only make sense that out of the billions of galaxies there is extraterrestrial life on at least some of the planets out there.
BUT
But I’m a frum Jew and I am anthropocentric and believe that God created the world specifically for us, so I don’t believe in UFOs.

I needed to google this word. It means:
regarding humankind as the central or most important element of existence, especially as opposed to God or animals.
I'm going to assume you don't agree with the bolded.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:55 am
I am open to the possibilities that UFOs exist, and that there is life on other planets.

I don't see how we can, with our present state of knowledge, prove that not one of the billions of planets in the universe is capable of supporting life that is capable of space flight. Seems more probable than not that at least one other planet out there is capable of this.

Therefore, I am open to the possibility that UFOs exist.

I don't see any contradiction between the possibility of life on other planets and Torah.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:00 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
BUT

From a scientific perspective, though it may be likely that extraterrestrial life exists somewhere, it would be extremely unlikely for us to encounter it. On the other hand, we know that if extraterrestrial life does exist, it was created with a purpose involving us.

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:08 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I needed to google this word. It means:
regarding humankind as the central or most important element of existence, especially as opposed to God or animals.
I'm going to assume you don't agree with the bolded.

Oooh you see I learned something new.
Yeah I meant as in above animals 🤷🏼‍♀️

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:19 pm
cbsp wrote:

I want to believe... (cue the X-Files theme)

The truth is out there...

I live in Israel. I see men in black everywhere! 👽

Seriously though, I think that lots of things are possible. I think that there's a lot we don't know as fact, so I'm going to vote "maybe" on this one. If there are beings out there, I doubt it would shake my faith or world view significantly.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics