Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Do you believe UFO's are real?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:27 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Oooh you see I learned something new.
Yeah I meant as in above animals 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah I got that Laugh

SixOfWands

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:50 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
It’s funny, because I think that from an atheistic perspective, Fermi’s Paradox makes perfect sense. If you truly believe that science randomly created earth and all of life as we know it, and that humans are just another species of animal, then it would only make sense that out of the billions of galaxies there is extraterrestrial life on at least some of the planets out there.
BUT
But I’m a frum Jew and I am anthropocentric and believe that God created the world specifically for us, so I don’t believe in UFOs.

A pity though. I would love to meet Slitheens and Jedi Knights.

Where does the Torah say that this is the only world that Hashem created? I think He might easily have gotten fed up with human antics, and tried to upgrade with Version 2.0 elsewhere. Or maybe we're Version 375, and He's up to 543 by now, working out those glitches.

enneamom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Where does the Torah say that this is the only world that Hashem created? I think He might easily have gotten fed up with human antics, and tried to upgrade with Version 2.0 elsewhere. Or maybe we're Version 375, and He's up to 543 by now, working out those glitches.

Right, because Hashem needs practice to get it perfect ch"v.

Java

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:52 pm
enneamom wrote:

Think about what happened in the days of Noach, with the mabul

leah233

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

One of the 13 principles of Jewish faith is that there is no Torah other than the one given to us.

That negates the possibility of Hashem having created human type creatures with bechira elsewhere.

There may be animals in outer space but not human type creatures with bechira

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, May 31 2021, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 12:59 pm
enneamom wrote:

Well, do you think that humanity is perfect?

enneamom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Humanity is perfectly imperfect.

ellacoe

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:15 pm
This is a subject that has for some reason come up at our Shabat table many times.

I think that there is a possibility of vegetation and plant life, and possibly some form of bugs or animals on other planets. Hashem did after call create those all of planets.

The thing that I have trouble reconciling, is that in order to build UFO's, these planets would need such a high level of sophistication. Both in terms of planning and engineering and then the actual manufacturing of the actual craft. The planning would require knowledge of physics and other math and sciences. The manufacturing would require sophisticated parts and fabrication. Each piece of the machine would need to be manufactured in some form. Which means that there would have to be the facilities and machinery to do so on these planets. That would mean that the capability of the inhabitants of other planets would have to be fairly high.

paperflowers

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:42 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I don’t remember the source for this, but I learned that it says somewhere that before maasei bereishis, Hashem was building and destroying worlds. I’m not a Kabbalist, but I do have some thoughts on how this answers certain scientific questions as well as meaning of life questions.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:45 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Maybe perfection isn't the point.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:46 pm
Why not? I believe it could be real. There are so many possibilities that became reality.

number

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:48 pm
Every ufo so far has been a hoax. But maybe the next one will be real.

I binged on the Enders game books at one point. I don’t think the author ever wrapped them up. I hate when that happens and you get sucked into a series and you’re just left hanging.

sari00

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:49 pm
Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan discusses aliens etc... I believe the universe is much more than we know and it's extremely vast - I don't think it contradicts Torah seems it just makes sense there's so much that we don't yet know..

causemommysaid

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:10 pm
There is actually sources in the Torah that say Martians existed at some point.

I have to find the source but I definitely saw it somewhere in Navi.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:16 pm
Reality wrote:
It's been in the news lately and I have a really hard time believing this stuff. Am I being closed minded?

I am of the belief that the unidentified objects are satellites/spying gear of some sort from other countries.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:23 pm
No, that is something for people with senstivity to psychosis believe in.

Reality

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I am of the belief that the unidentified objects are satellites/spying gear of some sort from other countries.

That's what I believe also.

MrsDash

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:38 pm
Of course I believe. I have proof! LOL LOL

Hidden: 

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:45 pm
No.

Because Hashem created the World to give the Torah.

And there is only one Torah.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:47 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Of course I believe. I have proof! LOL LOL

Hidden: 

Yummmmmmm please keep the pictures coming
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics