Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine booked, having cold feet. Pregnant
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:39 pm
I've had covid twice, once in March before pesach right at the beginning of the pandemic, and the next time was in early January.

I've not tested for antibodies, should I? They say it doesn't make a difference and I should still have the vaccine so I'm not sure the point. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and scared to get it. My brother is putting me off it, saying that it alters our dna.

My doctor is now recommending it here in England for pregnant women. My brother also said that they're getting paid a lot for each vaccine that's administered so they just want money.

Wwyd?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:40 pm
I would test for antibodies first.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I would test for antibodies first.

Right but what about new variants which we apparently have now here. We're hitting a 3rd wave so say scientists. It's all just never ending now!

Also the medical professionals are still saying to get it even if you have high levels of antibodies.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right but what about new variants which we apparently have now here. We're hitting a 3rd wave so say scientists. It's all just never ending now!

Also the medical professionals are still saying to get it even if you have high levels of antibodies.

The new variants weren't around when they created the vaccine either. For all we know, your own antibodies are just as effective.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your natural antibodies will likely protect you against the variants.

Alternatively, how do you know the vaccine can protect against all variants?

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:45 pm

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've had covid twice, once in March before pesach right at the beginning of the pandemic, and the next time was in early January.

I've not tested for antibodies, should I? They say it doesn't make a difference and I should still have the vaccine so I'm not sure the point. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and scared to get it. My brother is putting me off it, saying that it alters our dna.

My doctor is now recommending it here in England for pregnant women. My brother also said that they're getting paid a lot for each vaccine that's administered so they just want money.

Wwyd?

They are getting paid - of course they are getting paid - but not "a lot". £12.58

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:02 pm
If you have antibodies what would be the reason to experiment while pregnant? You should test for antibodies before deciding.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
They are getting paid - of course they are getting paid - but not "a lot". £12.58

All adds up though! They want the more a day the better.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Your natural antibodies will likely protect you against the variants.

Alternatively, how do you know the vaccine can protect against all variants?

True it might not, although they're saying that the Indian variant that we're starting to struggle with now is covered by the vaccine too. Does that mean that me having covid already I'm also covered?! It's all so confusing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:55 pm
https://vimeo.com/553518199

See what this most prominent Dr thinks now that we have months of data.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All adds up though! They want the more a day the better.

This is how healthcare works - the doctors get paid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:00 pm
smss wrote:

This was helpful, thanks.
I'm still torn if I should go ahead and take it on Friday.

Ellie7

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:01 pm
The vaccine does NOT change your DNA.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:02 pm
So see first of you have antibodies and if so then would think I could cancel and wait on it.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:08 pm
This might help you decide. I suggest you watch it asap, before it gets taken down from Youtube.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
This might help you decide. I suggest you watch it asap, before it gets taken down from Youtube.

Surprised
This is scary, and interesting.
It's such a hard decision! No one is forcing me to get it, it's just highly recommended.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:02 pm
I wouldn't get it if I were you. You asked for an opinion and that is mine

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:09 pm
I would do what my doctor recommends, since they know how the risks/benefits would apply to me and my pregnancy specifically. Since I trust them with my pregnancy and delivery, I would trust them here as well.

If they don't have a firm position either way, I'd ask them what particular risks/benefits I should be thinking about related to the vaccine and my personal situation so that I can make my own informed decision.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I wouldn't get it if I were you. You asked for an opinion and that is mine

I did ask, thank you. I'd love more responses about wwyd?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics