Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine booked, having cold feet. Pregnant
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:03 am
I would not take it during pregnancy. Do not listen to your dr. Trust your gut.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for replying.

Thank you all. I'm going to have my antibodies checked tomorrow iyh and see from there.

In the meantime the more replies the better of what you'd do Smile please.

delete

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:30 am
I didn’t have Covid or antibodies and I took the vaccines during the second trimester. It’s scary, but my doctor recommended it and rabbanim were saying to take it. May you have much clarity in making the right decision ! And have a safe and easy pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I didn’t have Covid or antibodies and I took the vaccines during the second trimester. It’s scary, but my doctor recommended it and rabbanim were saying to take it. May you have much clarity in making the right decision ! And have a safe and easy pregnancy

Amein thank you. Were you ok after the vaccines? Did you have fever?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:52 am
I would probably try to avoid it during pregnancy. My doctor always told me to be careful even with caffeine and diet soda as we don't know the effects it has....so why would I take an unknown vaccine? If you live in a place where numbers are down and covid isn't really spreading, how does it make sense to take such a big risk?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Any effects and those include death. Or blood clotting (what will that do to a fetus?), paralysis, seizures, these are all real reported side effects

Wake up people.
Do not inject yourself. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

You got covid!!! What is there to talk about!!

I think those after effects are very very rare, especially with the Pfizer vaccine. I'm still weighing it all up. Thanks

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I should have antibodies, I've no idea though. I still have symptoms of long covid (can't smell or taste) so I really hope I have a high level. The issue is that 'they' are still recommending the vaccine even WITH antibodies Confused

That should make you suspicious.

Because the policy has always been if you have antibodies you don't need to take the vaccine.

Someone who had measles and has measles antibodies is not forced to take measles vax.

Sounds very fishy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:57 am
#BestBubby wrote:
That should make you suspicious.

Because the policy has always been if you have antibodies you don't need to take the vaccine.

Someone who had measles and has measles antibodies is not forced to take measles vax.

Sounds very fishy.

What sounds fishy? The test is apparently very accurate. Do you think I'd still have high levels, but it just didn't show up in my blood?

Oh I see that the doctors are still recommending it. Yes bc as you can see even if I've had it I barely have antibodies Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I would probably try to avoid it during pregnancy. My doctor always told me to be careful even with caffeine and diet soda as we don't know the effects it has....so why would I take an unknown vaccine? If you live in a place where numbers are down and covid isn't really spreading, how does it make sense to take such a big risk?

Most restrictions have ended and the rest are to be scrapped 21st June but now they're saying that might not happen bc we're entering a 3rd wave 😣 even though the vaccine rollout here has been very fast.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Most restrictions have ended and the rest are to be scrapped 21st June but now they're saying that might not happen bc we're entering a 3rd wave 😣 even though the vaccine rollout here has been very fast.

Or maybe the vaccines are causing Covid?

People who were vaccinated have caught Covid

And there is concern about recently vaxxed people shedding the virus.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think those after effects are very very rare, especially with the Pfizer vaccine. I'm still weighing it all up. Thanks

Rare?
Or under reported and then hushed up?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:35 pm
I would and did get the vaccine during pregnancy, after having covid a few months earlier.

There have been a lot of serious covid side effects in pregnant women. Davka in pregnancy I think it's extra important to have full protection. People will tell you all the things the vaccine might do, but personally I'm more worried about what covid definitely does.

Getting the vaccine gives a higher level of antibodies.

Not sure I agree with the advice to trust your gut. It's always scarier to do something than to avoid doing anything, but that doesn't make it a better choice.

mig100

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

op- why don't you ask your dr- how many patients they have who took it during pregnancy, how many delivered, and how many had problems.

That is what I would do.

Thats most accurate way to get accurate picture. When you hear a story in the news, its out of context, we don't know if its one in a hundred or 1 in a million.

Wishing you an easy and smooth pregnancy. bshaa tova

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:49 pm
I just spoke to a community Rav here who knows the situation in the uk and he said not to get it yet. I should push it off till after the birth. He said I've still got some antibodies and really there is a very low risk of me getting it again especially with how it's going here.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:52 pm
mig100 wrote:
op- why don't you ask your dr- how many patients they have who took it during pregnancy, how many delivered, and how many had problems.

That is what I would do.

Thats most accurate way to get accurate picture. When you hear a story in the news, its out of context, we don't know if its one in a hundred or 1 in a million.

Wishing you an easy and smooth pregnancy. bshaa tova

It's only just become recommended here during pregnancy. Not enough data yet...

mig100

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thats tough then. Maybe you can ask someone who is pregnant in Israel to ask their dr. They would have more info. Even in use they have been giving it in pregnancy for a few months, so obs would have more info

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You do realize that makes YOU the trial.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
You do realize that makes YOU the trial.

Not really because plenty of pregnant women did chose to get it, plus they're following data from Israel very closely. The UK aren't the Guinea pigs here, Israel was.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:33 pm
mig100 wrote:
Thats tough then. Maybe you can ask someone who is pregnant in Israel to ask their dr. They would have more info. Even in use they have been giving it in pregnancy for a few months, so obs would have more info

I don't know anyone pregnant in Israel Smile unless someone here is?! Maybe I'll start a new thread Very Happy

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I would and did get the vaccine during pregnancy, after having covid a few months earlier.

There have been a lot of serious covid side effects in pregnant women. Davka in pregnancy I think it's extra important to have full protection. People will tell you all the things the vaccine might do, but personally I'm more worried about what covid definitely does.

Getting the vaccine gives a higher level of antibodies.

Not sure I agree with the advice to trust your gut. It's always scarier to do something than to avoid doing anything, but that doesn't make it a better choice.

Delete. Double post
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics