Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine booked, having cold feet. Pregnant
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I would and did get the vaccine during pregnancy, after having covid a few months earlier.

There have been a lot of serious covid side effects in pregnant women. Davka in pregnancy I think it's extra important to have full protection. People will tell you all the things the vaccine might do, but personally I'm more worried about what covid definitely does.

Getting the vaccine gives a higher level of antibodies.

Not sure I agree with the advice to trust your gut. It's always scarier to do something than to avoid doing anything, but that doesn't make it a better choice.

I see it as literally the opposite. Im more worried about what an experimental vaccine will do to a pregnant women and her unborn baby. OP had covid already!!!
And yes trust ur gut. Hashem created us with it for a reason

Laiya

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:43 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I had the virus early March and had long covid and miscarried in my second trimester. A year later I took the vaccine (not pregnant) and ran fever with the first shot for 48 hours. Second shot no symptoms. I would not take the shot while pregnant, I would recommend taking it before conception. I did not have lingering symptoms after the shot ( although with the shot my smell returned to normal!) I would be afraid about running fever during pregnancy.

Good point. Having fever in pregnancy carries its own risks for the baby, and this is a known possible side effect of the vaccine.

A study came out last week showing that natural immunity is now believed to last a lifetime, regardless of antibody levels. This is because immunity is about more than antibodies. T cells play a vital role and are not measured in typical antibody tests. There are less than 80 documented cases in the world of people who were infected with covid a second time vs over 10,000 of people getting covid after being fully vaccinated.

Also consider that there have been no long term studies on the effects of the vaccine on the remainder of pregnancy or the baby.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0......html

Laiya

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:04 pm
smss wrote:

Dr. Glatt makes generalized assurances but doesn't address the actual concerns.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 1:17 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I see it as literally the opposite. Im more worried about what an experimental vaccine will do to a pregnant women and her unborn baby.

OK but why are you more worried about that. When there's evidence from tens of millions of patients showing the opposite. Healthy young pregnant woman have fallen seriously ill and even died of covid. Show me a single case of that happening because of the vaccine.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 1:29 am
OK but why are you more worried about that. When there's evidence from tens of millions of patients showing the opposite. Healthy young pregnant woman have fallen seriously ill and even died of covid. Show me a single case of that happening because of the vaccine.

4,000 died after vaccination in USA and 10,000 died in Europe.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:13 am

You are very naive to think that not a single person has died or gotten very sick due to the covid vaccine. There have been many cases like that. The media and pharmaceutical companies are trying to hide it and even making it difficult to report when people experience serious side effects

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:06 am

There were 4,000 reported deaths in the US from the vaccine. And thats only the ones that were reported. There have also been reports of side effects including blood clots, heart inflammation, paralysis, etc...COVID is deadly but the vaccine may also be.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:10 am
I've cancelled my appointment.
Way too scared now!

Thanks so much for your input everyone.

I'll likely have it after birth but I'll see what the situation is like then. For all we know the vaccine might be dangerous by then and they'll be telling us NOT to have it, or covid will have disappeared completely from the world LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
There were 4,000 reported deaths in the US from the vaccine. And thats only the ones that were reported. There have also been reports of side effects including blood clots, heart inflammation, paralysis, etc...COVID is deadly but the vaccine may also be.

And like covid itself, we can't always know exactly what it's doing to our bodies. Until we have symptoms etc, or until it's too late c.v.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:47 am
I got the vaccine while pregnant, first shot was around 22 weeks. I had no side effects other than injection site pain which passed after 2 days. Never had covid though so I was concerned. Maybe wait until you're in the ninth month of pregnancy and then get the shot. It doesn't change your DNA. Changing human DNA is not an easy task according to my brother who's a doctor in microbiology and worked on it in the lab. In the meantime please take precautions, don't go to crowded places, wash hands regularly, wear your mask etc.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:09 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
I got the vaccine while pregnant, first shot was around 22 weeks. I had no side effects other than injection site pain which passed after 2 days. Never had covid though so I was concerned. Maybe wait until you're in the ninth month of pregnancy and then get the shot. It doesn't change your DNA. Changing human DNA is not an easy task according to my brother who's a doctor in microbiology and worked on it in the lab. In the meantime please take precautions, don't go to crowded places, wash hands regularly, wear your mask etc.

I'm curious why you say that, is it because of the risk of fever involved?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

Or maybe because the baby will get immunity as well?

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:41 am

Yes exactly because of the fever. Also by that time the baby is fully formed and just getting fat.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or maybe because the baby will get immunity as well?

Yes, they found antibodies in the babies once the mother gave birth. I'm only concerned for you because some people who had covid and got the shot reported that they had a fever and fatigue.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:49 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
Yes, they found antibodies in the babies once the mother gave birth. I'm only concerned for you because some people who had covid and got the shot reported that they had a fever and fatigue.

Yes one of the main reasons why I'm scared to get it during pregnancy. The 9th month is a good idea especially because I wouldn't want to be sick with a newborn either. Thanks

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:53 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
Yes exactly because of the fever. Also by that time the baby is fully formed and just getting fat.

so your saying there is almost no risk of fever at that point?

I am in similar situation as op. I got my first before I got pregnant and want to wait for the second a bit longer- for sure until after the first trimester

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:56 am

I am in similar situation as op. I got my first before I got pregnant and want to wait for the second a bit longer- for sure until after the first trimester

No I think she's saying that if you do have fever then it won't harm the baby as it's already formed. Also a baby born at that gestation (if needed) isn't early enough to cause major issues.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:00 pm

No, I think you can still get a fever but if you have a severe reaction they can just deliver the baby.

As far as your shots, I'm not a doctor so I can't give you medical advice. There were some women who got pregnant and received both shots during the trials and we're fine. If you never had covid I'd recommend to take it sooner than later but that's just my opinion.

TheRealElizaTee

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 4:48 pm
If you had covid there’s almost no chance of you getting it again, you have Memory T cell and B cells. This is pretty well known already. Plus there’s a study showing people who had covid have a 2x more likely chance of having an adverse reaction to the vax.

Also I personally would never risk my unborn fetus as a medical guinee pig. In my opinion it should be illegal.

TheRealElizaTee

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 4:59 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:

So s/o should get an experimental mrna therapy to possibly give antibodies to their unborn baby who has more than a 99.99% chance of surviving from covid?
S/t isn’t adding up over here https://I.imgur.com/ly7EF4W.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/bjKzjDf.jpg
https://I.imgur.com/dpXXtBG.jpg
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics