Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Mochi Ice cream - do you like it?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:26 am
A while ago my friend convinced me to try the Trader Joe ones. I couldn't swallow it. Didn't get the appeal at all.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:09 pm
I tasted it and really didn't like it. But I didn't want to dump it, I just paid good money for it. So I peeled off the mochi part and ate just the ice cream. Can't waste perfectly fine ice cream, can we?!

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:33 pm
What is it? Which brand are you getting- Do they sell it in cy or pareve?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
What is it? Which brand are you getting- Do they sell it in cy or pareve?

It's Mehadrin brand. Only dairy no pareve.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 1:11 pm
I tasted an oud brand. Not sure which brand have to check ...was amazing..so fun to try out this new food. I would buy it occasionally. Nice dessert

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:05 pm
I tasted ou-d one did not like it I saw the cholov yisroel one in Evergreen in Lakewood but did not try it.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:23 pm
Rosie89 wrote:
The answer depends on the brand. I’ve had very good mochi and terrible mochi.

Which are the good brands?

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 11:21 pm
I've been making my own Mochi ice cream balls for years so I'm not really the person this post is intended for? It's an acquired taste. HOWEVER what I'm confused about is at least on my Mehadrin Mochi box, no rice flour of any kind was included in ingredients, if it's not just a box error, then it's not even Mochi. Tastes fine though(the ice cream I have more notes on...)

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:02 am
I tasted it for the first time tonight and it was gross. Sickly sweet, and the texture was weird.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:21 am
This is making me very curious! It sounds like it tastes like ice cream wrapped in fondant.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:32 am
It looked sooo tempting, but very pricey. So I eyed it mouthwateringly.

Finally, I saw it by Bingo for cheaper and decided to treat myself. I have a larger family, so was gonna buy two. But then I changed my mind. Thankfully so - It was a huge disappointment. Hated the dough, and barely a bit of ice cream. A total waste.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 4:00 am
I noticed that the product has official approval from an individual in addition to a hechsher. I will not be buying it in the future for this reason.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:51 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I noticed that the product has official approval from an individual in addition to a hechsher. I will not be buying it in the future for this reason.

Can you explain why that would be a problem?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:30 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Can you explain why that would be a problem?

I don't want to pay extra for some rando's opinion.

simba

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:31 pm
I like it because my kids dont! Only ice cream I can have without having to share!

simba

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:32 pm
I don't want to pay extra for some rando's opinion.

Bizzare

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:35 pm
simba wrote:
Bizzare

No, it's not. It's bizarre that anyone would or that they pay that person for their worthless approval.

simba

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:37 pm
No, it's not. It's bizarre that anyone would or that they pay that person for their worthless approval.

Clearly they beleive it is worth it for them. Maybe you arent their target market. I would never not buy a product cause it has an additional hechsher that caters to a specific crowd .

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I've been making my own Mochi ice cream balls for years so I'm not really the person this post is intended for? It's an acquired taste. HOWEVER what I'm confused about is at least on my Mehadrin Mochi box, no rice flour of any kind was included in ingredients, if it's not just a box error, then it's not even Mochi. Tastes fine though(the ice cream I have more notes on...)

I didn’t read the ingredient list but that’s the kosher market for you. Sourdough pretzels are not even close to sourdough. They have yeast.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:39 pm
simba wrote:
Clearly they beleive it is worth it for them. Maybe you arent their target market. I would never not buy a product cause it has an additional hechsher that caters to a specific crowd .

The fact that they believe it's worth it for them is a problem, especially given who it is. (I'm not going to go into the specific details of who approves it and why, but it is a very controversial figure, and I am not the only one who would not buy a product with their name on it.) I cannot respect them if they need that stamp to sell their product.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen