Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:16 pm
small bean wrote:
Legal issue.

That's why wearing masks is a merit issue right now where mask mandates for vaccinated are repealed.

What country are you in? It’s not a legal issue here in the US, but I’d be interested to hear what countries have prohibitions against it.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:19 pm
challahchallah wrote:
What country are you in? It’s not a legal issue here in the US, but I’d be interested to hear what countries have prohibitions against it.

Not sure about private businesses but in the US, under the ADA, employers cannot ask your vaccination status. It's private medical information. It's like asking if you tested positive for an STD. And I tend to think the same would apply to a private business or place of worship.

rikkik

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:22 pm
He specifically told me that if I don't get fully vaccinated, then I can't come to his wedding.
And if I don't go to his wedding, he will never forgive me..... (he didn't say that, but that's how it will be)

#BestBubby

Yes, the liberals defended AIDS/HIV patients because they are pro-gay.

So they made it ILLEGAL to ask medical information.

But now they are stuck - because the liberals want to DEMAND that everyone
reveal their vaccination status. But they made this illegal! Ha! Ha!

challahchallah

amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Not sure about private businesses but in the US, under the ADA, employers cannot ask your vaccination status. It's private medical information. It's like asking if you tested positive for an STD. And I tend to think the same would apply to a private business or place of worship.

This is not true. The ADA prevents employers from discriminating on covered disabilities. Vaccination status is not a covered disability. In fact, the EEOC has come out and explicitly said that it’s legal: “Federal EEO laws do not prevent an employer from requiring all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19.”
https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/.....tance

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
It's like asking if you tested positive for an STD.

That's legal where s*x work is legal

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:27 pm
rikkik wrote:
He specifically told me that if I don't get fully vaccinated, then I can't come to his wedding.
And if I don't go to his wedding, he will never forgive me..... (he didn't say that, but that's how it will be)

That is really unfair and unreasonable. You can ask wedding guests to wear your color scheme, but not to inject themselves with something they don't want. It's not his choice to make and you don't have to feel guilty not getting vaccinated for him. He can choose to be insulted if he wants, but you are doing nothing wrong.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:28 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Yes, the liberals defended AIDS/HIV patients because they are pro-gay.

So they made it ILLEGAL to ask medical information.

But now they are stuck - because the liberals want to DEMAND that everyone
reveal their vaccination status. But they made this illegal! Ha! Ha!

This is simply untrue. Employment vaccine mandates have been around for a long time and have withstood all legal challenges. Regarding Covid vaccines specifically, I posted a link above from the EEOC calling it out as legal.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:31 pm
rikkik wrote:

Ok, so he’ll be offended. It happens. Tell him that you are not comfortable getting your vaccine, would be rather you go to his wedding as is or not? You can make the choices you want to your body, and he can choose to be offended or not. It’s not fair for you to lie about your status to avoid the consequences of your choices.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:53 pm
It is a violation of the Nuremberg Code to Coerce someone to participate in Medical Trials.

And Covid Vaccines are in trials until 2023!

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:00 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
It is a violation of the Nuremberg Code to Coerce someone to participate in Medical Trials.

And Covid Vaccines are in trials until 2023!

I got the vaccine under the emergency use authorization, not as part of a trial. The Pfizer vaccine has completed all trials needed to apply for full approval and has already done so. It is likely to come through by the end of this year. Moderna will probably file very shortly, certainly well before 2023.

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:05 pm
challahchallah wrote:

A business can not ask you in the US. It's different than your employer or school.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:06 pm
small bean wrote:
A business can not ask you in the US. It's different than your employer or school.

Can you show me the law you think it violates? Here’s an article explaining why it’s legal.

https://apnews.com/article/fac.....96046

ETA: I totally get why it seems bad that random businesses can ask private health information—it just feels invasive. As uncomfortable as it is though, there is no law barring it in the US to my knowledge (certainly not on a federal level).

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:19 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Can you show me the law you think it violates? Here’s an article explaining why it’s legal.

https://apnews.com/article/fac.....96046

I didn't click on this. The ap is a garbage site nad I won't give them clicks.

This is a state by state issue.

But the ADA guidlines extend to customers (and employees). You need to provide accommodation to disbaled or those who's beleifs don't allow them to vaccinate.

If you require proof of vaccination, everyone agrees you are setting yourself up for lawsuits, which is why most places and states are not requiring it.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:24 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
You shouldn't be pressured to take anything you aren't comfortable taking. If you don't want to get it, don't. The vaccine won't change your DNA. You can get adverse reactions to it, but hopefully you won't. Noone really knows the long term effects unfortunately. I wouldn't take it because of "pressure". Do your research and make sure you feel comfortable before you take it, because there is no going back.

a health nut that I know is sending messages about data manipulation and about proven side effects, like the poison in the vaccine is attaching itself to women's ovaries. there are 'hidden' studies that pfizer is doing, and it's not looking so good.

Java

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Two words. Reverse transcriptase. It usually doesn't happen but occasionally does.

https://www.chop.edu/news/news.....cines
Can mRNA vaccines alter a person’s DNA?
The short answer to this question is “no,” but in and of itself that is not very satisfying, so let’s take a closer look. We can be confident that mRNA vaccines are not able to alter a person’s DNA for three reasons:

Location — mRNA is active in the cytoplasm of a cell, whereas DNA is protected in the cell’s nucleus. The mRNA cannot enter the nucleus, so the two nucleic acids are never in the same place in the cell.
Process — mRNA is not DNA. So, if a person’s DNA was going to be altered, the RNA would have to be made into DNA. This would require an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. People do not have this enzyme, and only some viruses do. Coronaviruses are not one of them. Viruses in the Coronaviridae family have single-stranded RNA, known as “positive-sense” RNA. This means when coronaviruses enter the cytoplasm, they do not need to be transcribed. Proteins can be made directly from the virus’s positive-sense RNA. In this manner, the mRNA vaccine acts the same way, delivering mRNA to the cytoplasm for direct translation into protein.

But please feel free to keep throwing around terms you don't understand.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:29 pm
small bean wrote:
I didn't click on this. The ap is a garbage site nad I won't give them clicks.

This is a state by state issue.

But the ADA guidlines extend to customers (and employees). You need to provide accommodation to disbaled or those who's beleifs don't allow them to vaccinate.

If you require proof of vaccination, everyone agrees you are setting yourself up for lawsuits, which is why most places and states are not requiring it.

Vaccination status is not a covered disability under the ADA, which was explained on the EEOC website I linked to earlier. Did you read that one? Whether or not you agree with the EEOC, they are the federal government agency that oversees legality issues surrounding the ADA. It’s always possible that something will get overturned in court of course, but it’s looking unlikely at this point.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:03 pm
challahchallah wrote:
This is not true. The ADA prevents employers from discriminating on covered disabilities. Vaccination status is not a covered disability. In fact, the EEOC has come out and explicitly said that it’s legal: “Federal EEO laws do not prevent an employer from requiring all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19.”
https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/.....tance

The new guidance is irrelevant. Federal agencies can't legislate federal and individual state law via press release or guidance statements.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The new guidance is irrelevant. You can't legislate federal and individual state law via press release or guidance statements.

It’s not a legislation, it’s an explanation of how the current laws relate to the Covid vaccine. They put out these guidances to help people navigate the current situation, but it doesn’t change any laws. Again, employment vaccine mandates have have been in place for many years without ever being found illegal in court. If you really believe it’s illegal, quote the statue you believe it violates.

small bean

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:20 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Vaccination status is not a covered disability under the ADA, which was explained on the EEOC website I linked to earlier. Did you read that one? Whether or not you agree with the EEOC, they are the federal government agency that oversees legality issues surrounding the ADA. It’s always possible that something will get overturned in court of course, but it’s looking unlikely at this point.

First of all this is not a federal.gov issue as the states hold all the power and it supercedes any federal law.

Secondly this does fall under religios expemtion under the ada. Which is defined as moral or ethical beliefs as to what constitutes right or wrong

In terms of religion, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. This legislation requires employers to reasonably accommodate an employee’s sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance – but only if the accommodation can be made without “undue hardship” on the employer’s business.

FyI when it came to h1n1 the EEOC settled cases for amounts ranging from approximately US$74,000 to $300,000.

It is not reccomended by any lawyer to force vaccination on consumers or employers because they will not win a lawsuit.

And the biggest proof is that if states were easily able to discriminate based on vaccine status, that would happen. No state is doing that because no one wants to face legal consequences.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics