Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
What will it take for you to get the covid vaccine?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:48 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I just don't understand how the incentive can be a donut. The first thing they should promote to fight a virus is eating healthy. Instead, they promote a sugar loaded , deep fried garbage. Makes you wonder if they really mean your health.

What “they” are you talking about? The donuts are being offered by Krispy Kreme, presumably as a publicity stunt and to get more people to come through their stores (if you go in for your free donut, maybe you’ll buy coffee while you’re there or want another donut later, etc etc). It’s not some government conspiracy to get people vaccinated and eating donuts, lol.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You didn't answer the question at all.

This is an example of trolling.

Wow so uncalled for. You didn't understand her post so you call her a troll? Save it for real trolls or better yet just report a post if you think it is trolling. I would think it would be petty to report her post but whatever.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:01 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Actually it does answer the question.

The reason many take the vaccine because they are coerced by their employers or they will
be fired, or because they can't go to college or their kids can't go to school.

The question was directed at *you* not *they*

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:02 am
naomi2 wrote:
Wow so uncalled for. You didn't understand her post so you call her a troll? Save it for real trolls or better yet just report a post if you think it is trolling. I would think it would be petty to report her post but whatever.

Trolling.

I understood her post. It was at least the second time she posted it today.

yaye

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:05 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
10 years of it being proven to be safe.
Thanks to all out there who are willing to test it!

This. But maybe more then ten

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:16 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Nothing. Nothing will make me get the vaccine. Besides for maybe a 100% guarantee that it's totally safe & I will have no side effects & long term side effects at all.
Btw, I "identify" as vaccinated.

TOO FUNNY!!

Teomima

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:19 am
What will it take for me to get the vaccine? The hopeful promise of immunity. Which is why I got it. No one offered me any other reward and I'm not a child, I don't need incentives to get my immunizations. I do not wish to get, nor spread to my loved ones, any devastating illnesses, which is why I am vaccinated against polio, measles, diphtheria, etc. I am proud to have added SARS-Cov-2 to that list.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:28 am
I'm waiting until I'm no longer able to access something or somewhere due to not having it, or next winter. My reasoning is, especially now that I'm hearing that the Covid shot will be a yearly one like the flu shot, that since I have antibodies and we are entering the summer, where it's unlikely that I'll be getting covid, I'll just wait until the next shot is released instead of getting one now and another one at the beginning of next winter.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:39 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Trolling.

I understood her post. It was at least the second time she posted it today.

The way I read her original post was with an implied *if* before the first sentence. If they will bar her from schools or universities she would have to take the vaccine * but* it would/ should be illegal under the code she mentioned.
And why does it bother you that she posted this twice, amother?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:22 am
I got it as soon as I became eligible as did DH and our parents and our grandparents and our siblings and pretty much everyone we know. We didn't need donuts or lottery tickets as an incentive - only the relief from worrying about getting covid ourselves and putting other people risk.

Our 13 year old will be vaccinated before camp as well, although we waited to discuss his case personally with his doctors before scheduling him for the shots. Will we sign him up for the tuition lottery? Sure, why not? But that wasn't an incentive to getting him vaccinated.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
If I feel that I can't get something that I need.
For example, If I needed a certain job, or to go to Israel to visit my married daughter when she has a baby, and a vaccine was required..

I am not volunteering to get it because I'm not comfortable with it. However, I know that all of my doctors have gotten it and believe it is safe, and I trust that they know a lot more than I do. So while I dont need to take it , I wont. But if it interferes with me getting something I really want, I will get it, because I don't believe that all of the thess people who got it are stupid and somehow I'm smarter than them.

Google Rabbi Akiva Tatz and the Lone Ranger. He's given this general speech a number of times, most recently on Ohr Samayach's Memorial Day yom iyun yesterday; it's probably on Ohr.edu already or will be soon.
Would he go so far as to say, zeh hayom, what a neis that Hashem sent this to us so quickly? I'm not sure. But he does say that it's reasonable - maybe even stronger terms - to get it. All we can work with is the conventional wisdom in front of us right now.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:39 am
Blessing1 wrote:

Btw, I "identify" as vaccinated.

Is this just used in jest? Or do you actually claim to be vaccinated when asked even if you aren’t?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Is this just used in jest? Or do you actually claim to be vaccinated when asked even if you aren’t?

Its just a funny use of pc nonsense and it is pretty funny.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:47 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Google Rabbi Akiva Tatz and the Lone Ranger. He's given this general speech a number of times, most recently on Ohr Samayach's Memorial Day yom iyun yesterday; it's probably on Ohr.edu already or will be soon.
Would he go so far as to say, zeh hayom, what a neis that Hashem sent this to us so quickly? I'm not sure. But he does say that it's reasonable - maybe even stronger terms - to get it. All we can work with is the conventional wisdom in front of us right now.

I imagine he would "go that far" if he'd worked a covid ward.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:23 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
They will say you will be fired and cannot go to school or college if you are not vaccinated.

Even if you have Covid Antibodies.

This is violation of Nurenberg Code that prohibits coercing someone to participate in
medical trials.

And the Covid Vaccine is on trial until 2023!

No worries. They are bringing in foreigners to take our jobs and spots in schools in case too many citizens go on strike and refuse to take the vaccine. And the vaccine wont be mandatory for these foreigners as the covid rules (or any American law) doesnt apply to them.

And apparently Moderna just applied for full approval so no need for long term studies anymore. Everyone who asked for long term studies has to pick some other incentive they will accept in order to get the vaccine. Its scary to think that the FDA can approve a drug without knowing anything about the long term effects it has on people.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And apparently Moderna just applied for full approval so no need for long term studies anymore. Everyone who asked for long term studies has to pick some other incentive they will accept in order to get the vaccine. Its scary to think that the FDA can approve a drug without knowing anything about the long term effects it has on people.

When you take a drug long term, you need to look at long term effects.

Vaccines actually don't stay in the body very long at all (mRNA degrades within a couple days) and in the entire history of vaccines, there has not been a side effect that started more than 2 months post vaccination.

The idea that knowing all of this, we should still wait five or ten YEARS before making a vaccine available during a pandemic is just... I can't even. Banging head

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:32 pm
smss wrote:

Vaccines actually don't stay in the body very long at all (mRNA degrades within a couple days) and in the entire history of vaccines, there has not been a side effect that started more than 2 months post vaccination.

The idea that knowing all of this, we should still wait five or ten YEARS before making a vaccine available during a pandemic is just... I can't even. Banging head

Vaccines are not studied for long term side effects.

It says on Vaccine Inserts "This Vaccine has NOT been studied for effects on fertility or cancer"

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:11 pm
smss wrote:

You wouldn't know that. Most vaccines weren't tested that long.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:24 pm
smss wrote:

Lots of vaccines are not required on a yearly basis, there is no study showing that the covid vaccine would be needed yearly so not sure how people get the idea that it would be required on a yearly basis when there is literally no study on it.

And vaccines have been recalled in the past for effects that started a few weeks after the vaccine was given. There was The Cutter Incident, the Rotovirus vaccine withdrawal, etc. You can read more about it if you want but dont dismiss the fact that the covid vaccine is a drug and we dont really know all the side effects from it yet (and lots of reports are being dismissed).

https://ivaccinate.org/ufaqs/r.....1999/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/previ.....5.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....irus/

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesaf......html

https://www.historyofvaccines......02231

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:25 pm
challahchallah wrote:
What “they” are you talking about? The donuts are being offered by Krispy Kreme, presumably as a publicity stunt and to get more people to come through their stores (if you go in for your free donut, maybe you’ll buy coffee while you’re there or want another donut later, etc etc). It’s not some government conspiracy to get people vaccinated and eating donuts, lol.

Where is Krispy Kreme getting that money.
Or Samuel Adams for beer
Or Uber for free rides
Or clubs for ladies
It's govt bill relief money set aside for this purpose. Look it up. Our tax money is funding the largest propaganda our country has yet seen.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics